GDA Reccomendations

sprintstar01

Awards
I've been dialing in my peri-nutrition to cater towards gaining lean mass (currently 5'8 158 lbs former collegiate sprinter). I've added roughly 90-100g Carbs around my workouts which has been great as far as hard training.

I've noticed slight headaches and full(er) stomach which causes some issues towards the end of training. Any recommendations on a GDA to help with my carb load?

Thanks in advance

boflex78

boflex78

Awards
  • Established
Currently running glycoshield, best I’ve tried so far and there’s a good amount of logs on here that have been loving it as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Chaos and Pain Predator
Evomuse Slintensity
HPS glycoshield

I have tested all 3 with my blood glucose monitor and all 3 are very effective at baselining after heavy carb or cheat meals.

Would highly suggest

Your issue may not be wanting a GDA it may be the sources of carbs you use and how they digest on your system .

I would try utilizing sources like cream of rice , rice , rice cakes , bagels , honey, English muffins or even low fat cereals and see how they settle . If there is a digestion issue it is most likely the food sources you are utilizing. This is where you have to play the elimination and trial and experiment game to see what works best with your body . Try different timings and amounts and take notes on how fast you digest and absorb the nutrients. I find through many clients I work with things such as oatmeal , potatoes are very heavy. This is where everyone where differ.

I find some people can eat and train 5 minutes later and some people need 90-120 minutes. If you are getting bloated or heavy around training try a small pre meal(just enough to fuel training) and have a heavier Post workout meal

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Chaos and Pain Predator
Evomuse Slintensity
HPS glycoshield

I have tested all 3 with my blood glucose monitor and all 3 are very effective at baselining after heavy carb or cheat meals.

Would highly suggest

Your issue may not be wanting a GDA it may be the sources of carbs you use and how they digest on your system .

I would try utilizing sources like cream of rice , rice , rice cakes , bagels , honey, English muffins or even low fat cereals and see how they settle . If there is a digestion issue it is most likely the food sources you are utilizing. This is where you have to play the elimination and trial and experiment game to see what works best with your body .
Great answer and all 3 products he posted are solid
For my pre workout meal I like rice or cream of wheat. Both settle easily on my stomach

sprintstar01

Awards
I currently use a combination of Dextrose/Maltodextrin powder for a pre/intra drink with BCAAs mix. That gets me around ~90 grams of carbs.

It's really towards the end of my drink that I start to get headaches.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I currently use a combination of Dextrose/Maltodextrin powder for a pre/intra drink with BCAAs mix. That gets me around ~90 grams of carbs.

It's really towards the end of my drink that I start to get headaches.
Your using pure sugar in malto and dextrose that is probably the issue . You will get vicious blood sugar spikes which can cause headaches or major BG swings

Try using waxy maize or HBCD or carb 10 which should settle 100x easier if you want a carb powder

If your having a pre workout meal with adequate carbs you could drop the intra cocktail all together as that would be more important then tossing pure sugar into your intra workout . Then this way you could do
1) small pre meal (~50g carbs)
2) large post (~100g carbs)
3) 2nd Post (~50-75g carbs)

Then focus on keeping other meals lower in carbs to help with insulin sensitivity.

People are always quick to buy pills and powders. Most of the time a small tweak in what your doing already could be the key you need to fix the problem at hand.

Try dropping the intra shake and try more food (first suggestion)

Second suggestion is get Bulk HBCD or Carb10 or Waxy Maize and see how you respond. Many people have issues with dextrose and Malto causing headaches and bloating so that is a common side effect

sprintstar01

Awards
Your using pure sugar in malto and dextrose that is probably the issue . You will get vicious blood sugar spikes which can cause headaches or major BG swings

Try using waxy maize or HBCD or carb 10 which should settle 100x easier if you want a carb powder

If your having a pre workout meal with adequate carbs you could drop the intra cocktail all together as that would be more important then tossing pure sugar into your intra workout . Then this way you could do
1) small pre meal (~50g carbs)
2) large post (~100g carbs)
3) 2nd Post (~50-75g carbs)

Then focus on keeping other meals lower in carbs to help with insulin sensitivity.

People are always quick to buy pills and powders. Most of the time a small tweak in what your doing already could be the key you need to fix the problem at hand.

Try dropping the intra shake and try more food (first suggestion)

Second suggestion is get Bulk HBCD or Carb10 or Waxy Maize and see how you respond. Many people have issues with dextrose and Malto causing headaches and bloating so that is a common side effect
Thanks for the input! Sucks I already bought a whole tub :grumpy:

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
Great info from #the solution. Because of his recommendation I jumped on Predator and love it! I also like the HBCD, personal opinion.
Food is usually the culprit for most people.
Take his advise and run with it

Slims

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^This.
The headaches are probably caused by the sugar crash. Try using more complex/slower digesting carbs to help stabalize blood sugar levels.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For cheaper effective options I like SNS glycophase + 1g agmatine or SlinMax can be found for a decent price.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been dialing in my peri-nutrition to cater towards gaining lean mass (currently 5'8 158 lbs former collegiate sprinter). I've added roughly 90-100g Carbs around my workouts which has been great as far as hard training.

I've noticed slight headaches and full(er) stomach which causes some issues towards the end of training. Any recommendations on a GDA to help with my carb load?

Thanks in advance
SlinMax is great. It has full dosed ingredients and ingredients people suggest to users who would like to create their own GDA.

Na-R-ALA also reduces blood sugar and improves glycogen storage thanks to its actions with GLUT-4 (an important glucose transporter in the body).

Agmatine improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. Agmatine stimulates the release of beta-endorphin (β-endorphin) that helps move glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle tissue. This helps not only reduce blood sugar and improve nutrient absorption, but also improves the shape and fullness of your muscles.

Berberine activates Adenosine Monophosphate-Activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) while inhibiting Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B. AMPK activation improves insulin sensitivity and glucose transport in the body.

Banaba has been shown to not only improve glucose transportation in the body, but also positively impact insulin sensitivity.

Cinnamon bark extract is added to it. Cinnamon has been documented in various studies to lower blood glucose, reduce body fat, and boost lean muscle mass.

With SlinMax, I can eat a high carb meal or a meal high in calories and I do not feel bloated at all. In fact, I feel like I can eat more. Additionally, I get a food pump, especially with those high carb meals.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 23