What's the best Vitamin E supplement?

Stanfoo

Awards
Toco-8 supposedly was the best but the company died, no one selling it.

What's the next best thing?

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you can find many other brand with tocopherols/tocotrienols products:

Jarrow Gamma E
Now Gamma E
Healthy Origins tocomin

and many more.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Toco-8 supposedly was the best but the company died, no one selling it.

What's the next best thing?
Jarrow's Toco-sorb works well. Vitamin E plus mixed tocotrienols from red palm.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there a big difference between types?
Any other type in addition to mixed tocos that's good. Basically what to look on a lable.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
why in the hell would someone want to supplement vitamin E?

check examine.com for vitamin E. supplementation is in no way needed or really helpful at all

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

check examine.com for vitamin E. supplementation is in no way needed or really helpful at all

Getting all 8 forms of vitamin e is different than the d- alpha you get in most multivitamins. Balance is key.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
Getting all 8 forms of vitamin e is different than the d- alpha you get in most multivitamins. Balance is key.
you get enough vitamin E with your diet. not even a multivitamin is needed but okay, you can do that, but supplementing vitamin E isolated is really not needed. you wont have any benefits; if you have a well balanced diet, there is no reason to use isolated vitamins, especially vitamin E.

- vitamin C can be used up to 500mg or maybe 1g
- vitamin D3 and K2

but thats it. no need for other stuff if you eat enough vegetables, fruits and whole foods.

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not disagreeing that you shouldn’t get your vitamins from diet... he wasn’t asking what he should eat to get his vitamin e.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
yes, and i tell him that supplementing vitamin E is pointless because usually everyone gets more than enough from his diet

kl1234

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes, and i tell him that supplementing vitamin E is pointless because usually everyone gets more than enough from his diet

I’m fairly certain you just said... why the hell would you supplement vitamin e. Check examine. So, I said get all 8 forms. Initially- I did not see you say anything about getting vitamin e in your diet. Right? I feel as if I am arguing with my kids at this point... have a good day man.

iamyourfather

iamyourfather

Awards
I’m fairly certain you just said... why the hell would you supplement vitamin e. Check examine. So, I said get all 8 forms. Initially- I did not see you say anything about getting vitamin e in your diet. Right? I feel as if I am arguing with my kids at this point... have a good day man.
oh you are right, seems like i somehow havent saved the edit. weird. wanted to edit it directly after posting it and put in the sentence „why the hell would you supplement if you can reach your recommended daily intake with your diet“. however, the OP knows it now. better he invests his money in something more usefully, that was my initial thought and reason why i even posted here

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
Botanical Craft has a Toco 8 copy. The inventor Eric Potraz belongs to them.

Stanfoo

Awards

you get enough vitamin E with your diet. not even a multivitamin is needed but okay, you can do that, but supplementing vitamin E isolated is really not needed. you wont have any benefits; if you have a well balanced diet, there is no reason to use isolated vitamins, especially vitamin E.
Lol. Please educate yourself before spreading further misinformation.

Mega dosing Vit E (mixed tocopherols) increases test, as evident by this study -> https ://www .jstage.jst.go.jp/article/endocrj1954/29/3/29_3_287/_article

Also there are a plethora of anecdotal user reports (google it) saying mega dosing Vit E increased their libido, erections, and load size.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Mega dosing Vit E (mixed tocopherols) increases test, as evident by this study -> https ://www .jstage.jst.go.jp/article/endocrj1954/29/3/29_3_287/_article

Also there are a plethora of anecdotal user reports (google it) saying mega dosing Vit E increased their libido, erections, and load size.
Isn't megadosing dangerous?
It's should absorb in your fat tissue.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

No sir.

"Can vitamin E be harmful?

Eating vitamin E in foods is not risky or harmful.

In supplement form, however, high doses of vitamin E might increase the risk of bleeding (by reducing the blood’s ability to form clots after a cut or injury) and of serious bleeding in the brain (known as hemorrhagic stroke). Because of this risk, the upper limit for adults is 1,500 IU/day for supplements made from the natural form of vitamin E and 1,100 IU/day for supplements made from synthetic vitamin E. The upper limits for children are lower than those for adults. Some research suggests that taking vitamin E supplements even below these upper limits might cause harm. In one study, for example, men who took 400 IU of vitamin E each day for several years had an increased risk of prostate cancer."

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
IF I was going to add into my products, I would get whatever was cheap. It is not really needed.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Botanical Craft has a Toco 8 copy. The inventor Eric Potraz belongs to them.
good info...I was wondering what happened to eric!!!

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Life Extension Mixed Tocopherols/Tocotrienols.

One thing to keep in mind when looking at some of the various products is the total amount of tocotrienols and tocopheros. Some products advertise as having the various isomers but have very little of each actually in the product.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
LEF, Puritans pride or Jarrow Gamma E are all good!