tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, S/O to Sean1332 for sending me this tub to log. I’ve been a LONG time user of Controlled Labs products.

Label-

Mixture-

If it settles, you get SOME product that sits. However, I typically swirl as I drink so this doesn’t bother me in the least bit just something to note

Let me touch on the label. Now, I used CL “Gamer Up” when it was released and it was ok but had to dose two scoops to get closer to studied doses.

This is an 8g per serving supplement with 20 servings per container (see label above)

Lions mane -> 500mg
* research shows 3g (1g three times daily as the cumulative dose)

Bacopa -> 150mg
*300mg minimum for me (this what I’ve been dosing)

Phosphatidylserine-> 50mg
*research shows 300mg being the *best* dose but 100mg providing some benefit.

Now, I took a heaping scoop in place of my coffee this morning. Roughly 30-45 minutes later I noticed I have a serious case of tunnel vision. Out of every ingredient in the label the only one I have NOT used is the Serinaid (PS). Now, although every ingredient isn’t dosed at its “effective” mg there is some synergy going on (may be acute and wear off but it’s definitely here). My bible reading was easier (as far as reading goes, less back tracking and re reading ~ full transparency I read within 30min of waking, re reading and back tracking will happen lol with mental stimulation I expect that to fade) and quicker.

Flavor- Sour Apple.

To me personally, if I were to describe it because I’ve never done this; it would seem like it would taste like a 10oz glass of water that had an apple jolly rancher mixed in. The “sour” is VERY subtle, not over powering at all. It’s an enjoyable drink first thing in the morning, honestly.

Thanks to those who sub

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subd

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Admin move to logging section please lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! Nice start! In on this!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So far I’ve tried:

1 rounded scoop - 8oz water

1.5 scoop -8oz water

2 scoops - 10oz water

2 scoops 12oz water

There is a minute difference between 1.5 & 2 scoops. However the difference is worth it. Steady stream of focus, better attention to detail (conversation particularly) and “tunnel” vision. The ability to focus on a single task is great, it allows me to get done what needs to get done. Example, yesterday I needed to get my grocery shopping done and take my lil girl to play. But, we laid down for her nap and woke up three hours later...

Getting up from an afternoon nap with a little one is HARD. She’s groggy, I’m groggy and didn’t want to function. I took two scoops of Brainwash and cleaned up. We got EVERYTHING done without distraction (I typically *****foot around and procrastinate). Got her out with my brother and his Lil girl and we all played for a long time! Conversations were good too

Anyhow, it helped a ton yesterday.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No to hijack, but I've tried it: focus was very strong, and energy stronger than the label suggests. Four coworkers tried it, three said 'wow', one said 'very good'.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah the ingredients compliment each other well. I mentioned it earlier, some could be dosed higher but there seems to be a good amount of synergy between them.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Still using two scoops first thing in the morning. This dose hits like I want it to and snaps me right out of my morning lethargy.

It’s definitely increased my ability to stay within my morning bible reading, processing of scripture is MUCH quicker.

Also, the sour apple flavor is just as refreshing as the first day. Typically I get tired of certain flavors but this, this hasn’t bother me one bit. Found out that if I mix the two scoops a little longer than normal the little sediments that sit aren’t nearly as bad.

Have a few scoops left as I have been mixing this every morning at two scoops since 1/28 ~ 15.5 scoops in.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Still using two scoops first thing in the morning. This dose hits like I want it to and snaps me right out of my morning lethargy.

It’s definitely increased my ability to stay within my morning bible reading, processing of scripture is MUCH quicker.

Also, the sour apple flavor is just as refreshing as the first day. Typically I get tired of certain flavors but this, this hasn’t bother me one bit. Found out that if I mix the two scoops a little longer than normal the little sediments that sit aren’t nearly as bad.

Have a few scoops left as I have been mixing this every morning at two scoops since 1/28 ~ 15.5 scoops in.
do you pick certain scriptures or did you start at genesis and working your way thru?

I was told years ago to say a payer for understanding and guidance before reading the BIBLE, I've done that every since.

good luck with log, 'brainwash' looks promising!!!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
do you pick certain scriptures or did you start at genesis and working your way thru?

I was told years ago to say a payer for understanding and guidance before reading the BIBLE, I've done that every since.

Genesis and work my way thru.

After this reading, I’ll *probably* read the gospels first then go to the OT and then to the NT.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing a chronological Bible again that starts in Genesis and then jumps around based on time. It's interesting vs reading straight through (I've done both). Just wrapped up Job and moving into Exodus.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

After this reading, I’ll *probably* read the gospels first then go to the OT and then to the NT.
funny how things change but human behavior stays the same. the same evils that plagued ancient man are still hard at work.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Tyga I have also noticed the sediment that seems to remain at the bottom after drinking the whole shaker through. Today I mixed mine this morning and brought it with me to class so I could drink it after lunch, I'll check and see if the sediment is still there despite it being mixed for a longer time. Good observation.

Edit: unfortunately it didnt seem to have made a difference. Im not one of those guys thats going to let a little residue in the shaker make or break the purchase of a product, but mentally it is nice to know (or at least feel like) you're ingesting everything that gets dumped your shaker.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tyga I have also noticed the sediment that seems to remain at the bottom after drinking the whole shaker through. Today I mixed mine this morning and brought it with me to class so I could drink it after lunch, I'll check and see if the sediment is still there despite it being mixed for a longer time. Good observation.

Edit: unfortunately it didnt seem to have made a difference. Im not one of those guys thats going to let a little residue in the shaker make or break the purchase of a product, but mentally it is nice to know (or at least feel like) you're ingesting everything that gets dumped your shaker.
I agree, the sediment doesn’t bother me one bit (I swirl my cup after every drink, always have with supplements lol).

I should have explained a little better, the sediments didn’t disappear, but it seemed like there was “less” when I let it settle after I stirred for so long.

I need to find your log lol

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That wraps up the log.

Flavor 5/5
Sour apple was spot on. You get the tartness from the first drink, with the subtle apple behind it.

Mixture 3/5
Mentioned it previously, it mixes well but leaves sediment that has to constantly be swirled. I did notice if I let it sit that there seemed to be less sediment.

Effectiveness @ two scoops 5/5.
With two full scoops (16g) it was very effective at supplying stream less amounts of energy, tunnel vision, quicker and more adaptive reading alongside quicker processing.

Effectiveness @1 scoop
3/5

It was a subtle but noticeable increase in mental performance.

Profile 4/5
Some dosages could be higher (bacopa, Phospatisylserine and Lions mane). However, at a single scoop (recommended dose on bottle) you do get the lower end of the studied doses. So, with that being said Brainwash is a good buy. As long as the price point is around $25-30 I would pick it up.

Thanks again to the guys at CL and Sean1332 specifically for reaching out and allowing me to log this!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Nice. I've jumped around quite a bit. I've read all the synoptic gospels and Acts, as well as most (not quite all I don't think) of the letters. I've also read (most?) of Genesis, Exodus (the later parts at least?) and Deuteronomy (all of it I think). Of course, I don't pretend to know everything there is to know from them, and they're something to read, reread, and meditate on.

I may have asked you before, but what translation do you read/prefer? Also, have you read anything on the history of NT canon and authorship? I find the history of the Bible and Christianity to be fascinating.

Definitely good advice. I've also learned that sometimes, the way I see it, God wants me to do some of the legwork in understanding the Bible, if that makes any sense. For example, some things just didn't sit quite right with me at all, but when I researched into the translation, context, audience, etc. it became much clearer and made sense to me. Of course, prayer and meditation are vital, but sometimes good old analytical/scholarly/historical research is a Godsend (pun intended) in helping me to understand (and try to apply) scripture.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New American standard
New living translation (occasionally)
The Message (when I want a fast reading) - paraphrase

I’m also ready “Sitting at the feet of a Jewish Rabbi” helps understand 1st century Jewish culture. Excellent read.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New American standard
New living translation (occasionally)
The Message (when I want a fast reading) - paraphrase

I’m also ready “Sitting at the feet of a Jewish Rabbi” helps understand 1st century Jewish culture. Excellent read.
Nice. I’ll check out that book. I have the Harper Collins NRSV Study Bible that has a lot of notes that help, and I do a lot of independent research (Biblical/academic journals and things like that). The Nag Hammadi scriptures, and the notes/papers/etc. on them also help paint a picture of early Christianity and how it evolved and developed into what it is today. I also find the influence of other religions/philosophies on the development of Christianity very interesting, from the history of Jewish/Christian/Muslim relations, to the influence of Plato and Pythagoras on the early church, the change in Christian views on the Stoics, parallels among various faiths, etc. It’s fascinating really.

herosjourney

Awards
This was the most interesting nootropics discussion I've ever read. Just ordered OB myself, I'll probably have to try reading the Scripture with it. My usual go-to reading noot is nicotine, and I usually read the scripture in the evening after all stimulants have cleared my system, although nicotine is good for everything imho.