Tongkat Ali cycling question

Stanfoo

Awards
The general consensus seems to be 5 days on 2 days off. However my question is does the cycle come into play at the very start?

It's been 5 days since I started TKA and I noticed nothing different (of course, it takes a while). So I'm wondering if I should even bother taking the 2 days off now considering I saw no effects.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What dosage are you using? The 5 on 2 off is recommended to lengthen the run.

When I run Alphamax I'm getting 300mg a day at 200:1 standardization for 8 weeks. No side effects, no diminishing returns from what I can tell.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The vast majority of studies on tongkat ali I have seen use daily dosing, not a 5/2 scheme, sometimes for multiple/several weeks. What extract are you using? Ratio? Standardization? Etc.?

Stanfoo

Awards
I'm using 1:200 and 1200mg daily (product I'm using: worldabs.com/products/tongkat-ali-extract)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say most people dose daily. When I started researching TA a few years ago I saw talk of the 5/2 dosing but it seems like people don't really do that.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would also recommend using it daily. I haven't seen any studies or research showing that 5:2 has any benefit. But I would cycle off every 8-10 weeks

taylor8461

taylor8461

Awards
Noooooo, don't take it 5 on two off. Literally no studies that I know of had it done like that. Just run it straight through until you run out imo. I don't think cycling is necessary, but who knows your body may adapt to it over time and need a period without.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I though i read it has something to do with lh and fsh becoming desensitized.. you want the constant pulse by cycling it.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Noooooo, don't take it 5 on two off. Literally no studies that I know of had it done like that. Just run it straight through until you run out imo. I don't think cycling is necessary, but who knows your body may adapt to it over time and need a period without.
This man knows the way (nice avatar lol).
Seriously? One has to cycle this stuff? Why?
You generally want to cycle most supplements, at least a couple weeks off every few months. The 5/2 (days) is not necessary though. Some people do 4/2 (weeks), 8/4, etc.