How Much Caffeine Do You Take Daily?

E

ECWHY

Awards
I was recently thinking of getting back to drinking a couple cups of coffee a day but realized I take 600-800 daily without it already! :eek5:

Wondering how much you guys take?

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Somewhere between, 1-1.5 grams depending on the day... I have a problem

R

runtyemonster

Awards
****, 200mg with my pwo, usually at least 2 energy drinks at 160mg each. Not too bad I guess.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
After long use and abuse, 200mg splitted in my pick up poison. No PW at the moment. Just music

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
200-400mg.

Use to be higher a few years back, but I train at night these days, and wake up early so non-stim pre it is.

Usually do a 16oz coffee on my way to work, and then some tea or a zero cal energy drink later in the day.

My problem is running ephedrine to long and building up to, too high a dose.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Usually sub 200, but sometimes slightly more. I only drink coffee for my stims

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
0-200mg
I take a pre-workout maybe 1-2x a week. That is about all I take caffeine wise
If I drink a diet soda I get a buzz. I always try to keep caffeine minimal incase I need to utilize it during a cut or for a heavy workout where I know it will blow me away

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
With coffee and pre's, 800 - 1,000 mg. I too might have a problem.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
On average 450-550 on any given day.

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
It averages out to about 57mg a day for me but i really only use 200mg at most two days out of the week.

I try to keep my intake to as little as possible so that when i actually use it its more effective

R

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was recently thinking of getting back to drinking a couple cups of coffee a day but realized I take 600-800 daily without it already! :eek5:

Wondering how much you guys take?
Whatever is in my Pre workout... 200-300mg

Nothing else outside of that

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I believe a large Starbucks coffee has 410mgs of caffeine. So 410 x 4 = 1640mgs.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
I believe a large Starbucks coffee has 410mgs of caffeine. So 410 x 4 = 1640mgs.
Your adrenals must despise you..LOL

larrybailey

larrybailey

Awards
250-500 and I don't even know that I am doing it! :)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
M,W,F,S
200mg when waking
150mg pre workout

T,T and Sunday
200mg when waking

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
700-900mg a day + multiple aliphatic amines + alpha yohimbine currently

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thats almost $15 a day in coffee.
Damnnnnnnnn

That is more expensive then smoking!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would have to consume more caffeine right now in order to have the motivation to attempt counting my average daily intake.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
200mg with my pre then the caffeine from my coffee in the morning so probably around 300-350mg.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
average 2 - 16oz coffees per day with about 180 to 200mg caffeine.
Occasionally drink a 12oz Diet Coke which has 45mg

So about 400 to 450mg per day.

I usually only use stim free pow's, but when I don't, my pre of choice has 150mg of caffeine per scoop.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
500-800mg per day depending on if pre workout is used and coffee is drank.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
You get 4 per day, everyday?
1 in the morning on the way to work. 1 when I get to work. 1 after lunch. 1 on the way back home. It's like clockwork. Sometimes I will make my morning and/or night coffee at home depending upon the weather or if I don't feel like stopping for coffee. And sometimes it's not always Starbucks either. If I'm out on a lunch meeting I'll have whatever coffee the restaurant serves. I was just giving an estimate.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Thats almost $15 a day in coffee.
Damnnnnnnnn

That is more expensive then smoking!
I'm in NY where it feels like the price goes up everyday. I think it comes out to like $250 per month or something because make coffee at home sometimes. Now this thread has me feeling pretty sh!tty.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm in NY where it feels like the price goes up everyday. I think it comes out to like $250 per month or something because make coffee at home sometimes. Now this thread has me feeling pretty sh!tty.
You can do a lot more with $250 per month. Just thinking out loud, but that is ludicrous to drop 1/4th of a grand on coffee a month alone at starbucks. You would be better off investing stock in the company, or finding some caffeine tabs to help you get the caffeine intake.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can do a lot more with $250 per month. Just thinking out loud, but that is ludicrous to drop 1/4th of a grand on coffee a month alone at starbucks. You would be better off investing stock in the company, or finding some caffeine tabs to help you get the caffeine intake.
I would invest $20 in a good thermos and Bring it from home... ;)

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I used to be invested in SBUX but pulled out a year or so ago due to the valuation being a little pricey. I should revisit that analysis. I don't just drink coffee for the caffeine... I drink it because I like it. However, I don't imagine I would be able to make it through a day of work without my coffee.

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
That moment when I read your daily caffeine intake guys, and even 50mg gives me anxiety and cold sweats...

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used to be invested in SBUX but pulled out a year or so ago due to the valuation being a little pricey. I should revisit that analysis. I don't just drink coffee for the caffeine... I drink it because I like it. However, I don't imagine I would be able to make it through a day of work without my coffee.
Don't know if the Starbucks in Amsterdam airport is the same as in US but their espresso is bad. 4 euros for average crap.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Your better off buying something like alphamine and drinking that. Cost per serving much cheaper for your caffeine fix. I love coffee too, but i drink decaf just cause I like the taste of it and to kill my caffeine intake.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd imagine it'd be a lot cheaper to make your own coffee the majority of the time. Maybe invest in a big/good/quality thermos to keep your coffee in for the day? If you can afford the Starbucks and enjoy it, more power to you my friend, I'm not one to say how someone should spend their disposable income.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Your better off buying something like alphamine and drinking that. Cost per serving much cheaper for your caffeine fix. I love coffee too, but i drink decaf just cause I like the taste of it and to kill my caffeine intake.
I got problems... I know. I purposely try to stay away from caffeine supplements because of my coffee habit. It would probably be healthier to start decreasing it to like 600-800mgs per day. Maybe I should switch to like Dunkin Donuts or something which has less caffeine... Although I don't really like their coffee.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I'd imagine it'd be a lot cheaper to make your own coffee the majority of the time. Maybe invest in a big/good/quality thermos to keep your coffee in for the day? If you can afford the Starbucks and enjoy it, more power to you my friend, I'm not one to say how someone should spend their disposable income.
Yeah I buy the big cans of coffee at Costco because I do make a decent amount of coffee at home too. I consider the money I spend on coffee to be a working expense. New Yorkers like their coffee, especially the guys working in finance like me. I don't think my coffee consumption is that far from the norm around here haha.

E

ECWHY

Awards
Damn, I would say I was around 200-400mg (600 on some high days) before EC, but now i am definitely in the 600-800 range daily. Definitely will lower after this cut.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got problems... I know. I purposely try to stay away from caffeine supplements because of my coffee habit. It would probably be healthier to start decreasing it to like 600-800mgs per day. Maybe I should switch to like Dunkin Donuts or something which has less caffeine... Although I don't really like their coffee.
Have em mix half regular and half decaf at Starbucks.

The only reason anyone goes to Starbucks or Dunkin, is because they don't know what a Wawa is.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
for sure. Do what you want, im just surprised anyone can stomach 4 large cups haha. Id die

jackedandtan1

jackedandtan1

Awards
I've abused caffeine for the longest time. Maxing out every pre workout I've taken. Recently have been taking 3 scoops bloodshr3d throughout the day with 2-3 ignit3 as a kicker mid day

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This post is going to be longer because I think I was in the same boat as a lot of people. First, let me state that my daily caffeine intake is anywhere from 0-400 mg daily and only comes from a pre workout supplement, it depends on the day and week, which I will outline below. I am hoping this post helps people.

I used to think I was naturally stim tolerant and needed a higher stim product (caffeine or caffeine + other stims) to get an effective training session and function overall. Last summer I took a 2 month stim break and have been following the outline below. Now, I can use any type of pre workout and still get a little kick, even from very low doses of caffeine.

The amount of caffeine and stims I use depends on how heavy I am lifting for the week. For example, I follow a 6 day PPL/PHAT routine. I only use stims on the heavy days which is mostly dictated by my main lift which is a 5x5, 6x4, etc.

Week 1 - 5x5 - 0mg - 90mg (usually a stim break)
Week 2 - 6x4 - 50mg - 120mg
Week 3 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 4 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 5 - 9x1 - 200+mg
Week 6 - 5x5 - 0mg - 90mg (usually a stim break)
Week 7 - 6x4 - 50mg - 120mg
Week 8 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 9 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 10 - 9x1 - 200+mg
Week 11 - 3x5 - 0mg (Deload)
Week 12 - Max Attemepts - 200mg+

Each of those weeks is not a daily intake of stims and caffeine though, its only 3 days per week max.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This post is going to be longer because I think I was in the same boat as a lot of people. First, let me state that my daily caffeine intake is anywhere from 0-400 mg daily and only comes from a pre workout supplement, it depends on the day and week, which I will outline below. I am hoping this post helps people.

I used to think I was naturally stim tolerant and needed a higher stim product (caffeine or caffeine + other stims) to get an effective training session and function overall. Last summer I took a 2 month stim break and have been following the outline below. Now, I can use any type of pre workout and still get a little kick, even from very low doses of caffeine.

The amount of caffeine and stims I use depends on how heavy I am lifting for the week. For example, I follow a 6 day PPL/PHAT routine. I only use stims on the heavy days which is mostly dictated by my main lift which is a 5x5, 6x4, etc.

Week 3 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 4 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 5 - 9x1 - 200+mg
Week 8 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 9 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 10 - 9x1 - 200+mg

Each of those weeks is not a daily intake of stims and caffeine though, its only 3 days per week max.
Interested approach! I like it. Although for me I can't max with stims never been able to it makes my numbers go way down. But if I gonna max out for reps like 225 for x reps, caffeine makes a big difference. As with stims I'll get 18-22 without I'll get 15-19

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested approach! I like it. Although for me I can't max with stims never been able to it makes my numbers go way down. But if I gonna max out for reps like 225 for x reps, caffeine makes a big difference. As with stims I'll get 18-22 without I'll get 15-19
Yes, stims do have an acute effect on performance, could I benefit from them on the hypertrophy days, perhaps, maybe I could get away with 50 mg on the 30 other days I train, but still take a stim break every 5th week and still get the effects from the lower doses I do now. Thoughts on that?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes, stims do have an acute effect on performance, could I benefit from them on the hypertrophy days, perhaps, maybe I could get away with 50 mg on the 30 other days I train, but still take a stim break every 5th week and still get the effects from the lower doses I do now. Thoughts on that?
Wish I could answer that but I can't

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Week 3 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 4 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 5 - 9x1 - 200+mg
Week 8 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 9 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 10 - 9x1 - 200+mg

That is very meticulous. My only plan for caffeine:

-Do I need Caffeine? If yes, take caffeine. If no, don't.

P

pbandy1

Awards
That is very meticulous. My only plan for caffeine:

-Do I need Caffeine? If yes, take caffeine. If no, don't.
same here... most days, it ends up being a yes. I usually keep it to 16 oz black coffee upon waking (probably around 200 mg) and that is usually it for the day. I should mention I am prone to anxiety and a slow metabolizer of caffeine.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys keep energy up throughout the day with such little caffeine? I don't know how I'd make a day through work. Well the weather is heating up so I'll be starting a shift towards iced coffee now. That means less caffeine as it is diluted by the ice.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
How do you guys keep energy up throughout the day with such little caffeine? I don't know how I'd make a day through work. Well the weather is heating up so I'll be starting a shift towards iced coffee now. That means less caffeine as it is diluted by the ice.
Food eating every 3 hours helps but I'm a stim junkie too pwo at 530am then afternoon if I'm tired after lunch one scoop elixir from OL

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I've abused caffeine for the longest time. Maxing out every pre workout I've taken. Recently have been taking 3 scoops bloodshr3d throughout the day with 2-3 ignit3 as a kicker mid day
for past 2 days i did alphamine 2 scoops am and 2 scoops pm with around 500mg caffeine from extra peculated coffee yesterday morning and on saturday i combined the pm dose of alphamine with 2 scoops of PES prolific, i have been having more anxiety from x2 x2 alphamine and will drop it down today to the recommended 3 scoops per day max, also this is the EU original fat burning version without the yohimbine.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established

Week 3 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 4 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 5 - 9x1 - 200+mg
Week 8 - 7x3 - 125mg
Week 9 - 8x2 - 150-200mg
Week 10 - 9x1 - 200+mg

How do you find DMAA and AMP as stims vs caffeine, i find they do not even compare and strength and endurance from DMAA, and AMP are much more intense than just caffeine, even after a prolonged break i only find caffeine good for mood, and reduced perception of intensity and pain which helps for things like HIIT and high rep training.