Agmatine for a good pump? All day?

snrub

Awards
I have hemavol and pre jym, but I'm not a fan of dyes and these fruity acidic flavors. Also hate caffeine. swear they give me canker sores on my lips....Lol. I've read ALOT of good reviews about agamatine. Will agmatine provide a different pump?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine is an excellent pre workout pump product. I usually like to take 1000 to 1500mg about 45 to 60
minutes before working out...

My Agmatine of choice of SNS Agmatine XT and can be stack with almost anything.
I usually take mine with Focus XT ;)

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have hemavol and pre jym, but I'm not a fan of dyes and these fruity acidic flavors. Also hate caffeine. swear they give me canker sores on my lips....Lol. I've read ALOT of good reviews about agamatine. Will agmatine provide a different pump?
Yep, kind of. Longer lasting for sure. Not sure if you can get strength compared to Citrulline if dosed higher like 2g.
Under 1 gram is less potent but still noticeable vascularity and lasts longer.

snrub

Awards
Agmatine is an excellent pre workout pump product. I usually like to take 1000 to 1500mg about 45 to 60

I've heard good things about sns agmatine

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't go wrong with agamtine XT

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Couldn't I combine the two?

Focus XT & agmatine ? Or agmatine & citrulline ?

Regardless answer will be yes lol

I create my own pre workout out with focusXt + agmatine XT + cit malate + mcc

Spdrcr456

Spdrcr456

Awards
I take my agmatine in the form of high volume. About 1.5g is perfect. Love the pump it gives.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Everybody makes an agmatine supp..IForce..Formutech..

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
SNS agmatine xt is a fantastic option. High quality at a great price. Improved vascularity and some nutrient shuttling properties. Useful in so many ways.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agmatine is great! When looking for a pre workout, I always prefer agmatine to be one of the ingredients in it. That's not saying that you can't get a pump without it, but it is a great ingredient to have. Some of the best pumps I've had have come with the use of agmatine (and ArA). It's a shame that you aren't into fruity flavors. HyeprMax XT has 1,000mg of agmatine and TF supplements has a bogo sale for it. Buy one get one 50% off.

Seems to sound like you are wanting to make your own non stim pre workout, am I right? Agmatine is a great start in creating that.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agmatine XT by SNS is great for pumps and even has some cognitive benefits. It would stack great with Citrulline Malate by SNS for that all day pump you're looking for man

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When powder city was still in business, their agmatine page stated that it shouldn't be combined with citrulline due to interactions. They may have been referring to nootropic properties of agmatine. That being said, I combine them all of the time. I prefer agmatine over citrillune if I had to pick one, due to its nutrient partitioning properties. I love taking it before bed when I am at lower bf%, as it gives nice effects when waking up i.e veins and fullness.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Agmatine does a good job for pumps, but it won't last all day. Agmatine should be in everyone's daily stack, in my opinion. It has incredible benefits for such a cheap price.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agmatine does a good job for pumps, but it won't last all day. Agmatine should be in everyone's daily stack, in my opinion. It has incredible benefits for such a cheap price.
Good post. The pump from it will not last all day, but pumps will be noticed around the dosing of it.

Agmatine also improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity of skeletal muscles.and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle tissue. Agmatine stimulates the release of beta-endorphin that helps move glucose out of the bloodstream and into muscle tissue. This helps not only reduce blood sugar and improve nutrient absorption, but also improves the shape and fullness of your muscles.

Here is a good post from Aaron, a member here and on other forums.

Agmatine is a metabolite of L-Arginine that is derived via decarboxylation, which is essentially the removal of a carboxyl group. This neurotransmitter has become immensely popular in the sports supplement world as an ingredient included in pre-workouts. In many ways, Agmatine succeeds where Arginine fails. Through it’s ability to inhibit nitric oxide synthase, users of the ergogen will notice increase muscle pumps. We commonly see it dosed pre-workout only at 500 – 1000mg. That’s all good and fun, but Agmatine’s potential goes way beyond a pre-workout supplement for the bros. Although human data is limited, this ingredient has shown potential to aid in fat loss, nutrient partitioning, b-endorphin release, pain reduction, appetite and anti-depressive effects.

Effects

Fat Loss

You rarely hear Agmatine being touted as a fat loss supplement, however it very well may have a widespread impact on metabolic systems. In a 2014 study looking at the metabolic influence of Agmatine, researchers found that rats that were given 55-75
mg/kg/day of Agmatine in their drinking water experienced increase levels of cAMP (commonly elevated with forskolin as many know), activation of PPAR (lipid metabolism), increased fat oxidation and enhanced mitochondrial function. A group of rats that were fed a high fat diet experienced a ~15% reduction in body weight with Agmatine. These changes weren’t due to a change in diet, therefore Agmatine played a major role in influencing body weight. [1]

Selective Nutrient Partitioning

Many supplements are being touted as a nutrient paritioner. Nutrient partitioning is the idea that you can increase muscle tissue insulin sensitivity and "drive" nutrients into these cells vs. adipose tissue. By enhancing glucose uptake to muscles, we would assume we would see increased muscle mass and minimized fat gain. This is ideal for any goal, whether it is a hypocaloric or hypercaloric diet. Where nearly all of these supplements fail is that they are increasing glucose uptake to muscle AND adipose tissue. We want selective glucose uptake to muscle cells. Agmatine to the rescue?

B-endorphin release may assist in an increase in glucose uptake within skeletal muscle. Agmatine, via its potential effects on enhancing beta-endorphin secretion, may act as a selective nutrient partitioner. [2]

A lot of Agmatine’s effects are secondary to activation of the imidazoline receptors. One of these secondary effects is lowering blood glucose, thus why some may recommend Agmatine as a GDA. Because of this, some people enjoy Agmatine pre-bed. Not only are their potential anxiolytic effects, but also the potential for lower blood glucose levels pre-bed, which would cause inhibition of hypothalamic somatostatin release which in turn causes a better release of growth hormone pulses throughout the night. At the end of the day, increasing endogenous production of HgH via natural methods will most likely not yield positive body composition effects - not directly anyways.

Pain Perception

We finally have human data! A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial found that 1.3g to 3.56g of Agmatine daily was effective for “alleviating pain and improving quality of life in lumbar disc-associated radiculopathy”. [3] This, coupled with what we learned previously about Agmatine’s effect on B-endorphin release, show that Agmatine may have potential for pain relief. Note that its effects on pain relief are not well documented or that the effects are short lived. This could be due to the short serum half-life of 10 minutes. CNS half-life appears to be around 12 hours, however. [4]

Appetite

Neuropeptide Y is a neuropeptide that stimulates hunger. Neuropeptide Y and Alpha 2 adrenergic receptors have a relationship where if a2-adrenergic receptors are activated, neuropeptide Y increases. Agmatine has been shown to be a2-adrenergic receptor agonist and thus may cause an appetite increase. In a study conducted in 1996, it was found that Agmatine enhanced caloric intake in satiated rats but not hungry ones. [5] So in conclusion, if rats were full, Agmatine would allow them to consume more. It wasn’t making hungry rats hungrier.

Depression/Anxiety

A small pilot study showed 2-3g of Agmatine/day was able to induce remission of depression. That’s a powerful statement, so let’s delve into the details a bit. The three subjects were individuals who suffered from Major Depresssive Disorder, which was clinically assessed. Along with the 2-3g of Agmatine, they concomitantly ingested parachlorophenylalanine. Parachlorophenylalanine is used in humans and animals to study the effects of serotonin depletion. No other pharmaceutical drugs were ingested. The subjects reported remission of depression, which was not reversed by coningesting parachlorophenylalanine. This also suggests that Agmatine anti-depressive effects are not related to serotonin.

Dosing

There are many ways people have enjoyed dosing Agmatine. You of course have your pre-workout dosage, which typically ranges from 500mg - 1000mg. Some exceed this, but I've never found it necessary.

Prior to carbohydrate meals is another option. 500mg prior to carb-rich meals.

The most I've used in a day is 2g - never felt any need to exceed this. 1g before a carb heavy meal and 1g preworkout is something I've done before.

Some also like 500mg pre-bed.
If you're interested in the pump and nutrient partioning effects, look at SlinMax. It contains 750 mg of agmatine per serving. It also contains several other ingredients such as na-r-ala and berberine to help with nutrient partioning. User report food pumps when doing. Which is simply getting a pump from eating.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a big fan of Premium Powders agmatine, because they're tabs (1g). So I split them in half and take 500mg upon rising every morning and another 500mg pre-bed. I usually lift first thing, so that dose upon rising works for that and sometimes the pre I use will have more agmatine in it. I also utilize l-citrulline or citrulline malate virtually all the time for my pre-workout. I can also state that if I miss the gym for a few days, I'll notice the difference in appearance and overall mood feeling, too. Both of those ingredients are very helpful to me and staples.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a big fan of Premium Powders agmatine, because they're tabs (1g).
That's not a bad idea at all, because bulk agmatine powder tastes pretty gross if you don't mix it in anything (which I am assuming OP is not since he says he doesn't like flavoring).

Agmatine is a good ingredient for pump (that also has other benefits), but it's not going to give you an all-day pump. Also, there is agmatine in Hemavol, so no, it's not going to give you a "different pump."

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agmatine is pretty much great for everything ha. Pumps, vascularity, gda, general health... it's the best. Me and many others take it through the day for its many benefits.

Sns agmatine xt is a great deal too since it's capped (convenient), 500mg doses and as cheap as just about anything else

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not a bad idea at all, because bulk agmatine powder tastes pretty gross if you don't mix it in anything (which I am assuming OP is not since he says he doesn't like flavoring).

Agmatine is a good ingredient for pump (that also has other benefits), but it's not going to give you an all-day pump. Also, there is agmatine in Hemavol, so no, it's not going to give you a "different pump."
Yeah. And I would use 500mg caps, as well; I just have access to these and won't go powder. It's more convenience. I've skipped taking sooo many things here and there over the years because I just don't want to deal with the hassle or drink something or you name it. And if I want 1g, I've got it, but more often than not, I just utilize 500mg multiple times in the day. Such a great staple.

Makes me envious of everyone coming up in the supp game now who didn't have to dick around with AAKG powder...smh lol.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't think the powder tastes too bad. My girlfriend hates it though and has to mix it with juice.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think the powder tastes too bad. My girlfriend hates it though and has to mix it with juice.
When I used it before (had some I'd purchased from Muscle Feast and used it before I moved onto the tabs -- won't waste anything), it's not bad. And I think I even put a scoop straight into my mouth and washed it back, before (which, for the record, is the only way to take phenylpiracetam as the flavor will ruin whatever you try to mask it in/with lol). But I'm just lazy. It's so easy to take a cap/tab.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
This. Cant bloody understand why they have banned Agmatine in Europe. Must be because it as some medical/pharmaceutical application. Always $ in the picture.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As previously mentioned SNS Agmatine XT is dosed at 500mg per cap. This is very cost effective and convenient since its in capped form.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

whoa! You've switched? Ha ha

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established