PA and ketosis

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Anyone out there run PA while on a targeted or cyclic ketogenic diet? I'm wondering if it would augment the effectiveness of PA when re-carbing. I know it seems counter-intuitive to take a natty anabolic/bulking agent while in ketosis, but it seems to me that it might promote some lean growth while shredding fat.. Any thoughts?

cookdog

cookdog

Awards
I'm taking fern lethicin granules right now on my cyclic keto diet with no problems. I like it cause it has no carbs, and an easy way to get some fat in the diet. I mix it in with my pwo and bcaas before my morning workouts

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone out there run PA while on a targeted or cyclic ketogenic diet? I'm wondering if it would augment the effectiveness of PA when re-carbing. I know it seems counter-intuitive to take a natty anabolic/bulking agent while in ketosis, but it seems to me that it might promote some lean growth while shredding fat.. Any thoughts?
I dont think its counter intuitive, if using sl then it works because its a fat. I think people get confused with keto. Keto doesnt mean cutting, although many people use it for that. Many people have also bulked using keto. Alot of it is calories in calories out. Anyways back to what your asking, i think anything anabolic will help you with your training. I would try it out.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you're eating a calorie surplus in keto you can still gain weight and increase muscle mass. Obtaining lean growth while simultaneously losing body fat is difficult in any diet as a natural, whether its carb cycling, IIFYM, or keto. Keto and PA won't necessarily help your muscle gain if you're not eating enough calories. I would choose one goal (fat loss or muscle gain) and commit to it. Whether you choose to do keto or not, PA is an excellent ingredient to add while bulking or cutting

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This, I'm doing the anabolic diet and use (have used) a lot of different natty supps, as for instance PA or ArA.

But no question, biggest gains came from switching to anabolic diet