Neurostim - First Impressions

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have gotten quite a few samples of this stuff with other supps I've been buying. I ignored them for quite awhile.

Last week I decided to try one of them (the non-caffeine version). Result was the most focused and productive off-cycle workout I have ever had.

Last night I tried another sample of it and the result was an all-out 2-hour war with the weights. I didn't want to quit. Had to though the gym was closing.

It seems to affect you in 2 different ways; 1) Endurance - I don't know exactly how to characterize this other than it's like having a second, third and fourth wind and 2) You simply believe you can do more. You feel like you can just extend every set to way beyond where you've been going and the pain is just more bearable.

I truly love this stuff. I've been looking for a non-buzz type preworkout supp for a long time and I believe this one is definitely it. I'm a customer.

Great job Scivation!!!!!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100%. I wish I could afford it. Try Lemon Spark with a scoop or 2 of Grape Substance WPI. The combo is delicious, as weird as it may sound.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Both the caffeine and the noncaffeine versions are great for helping overcome hangovers.

Stuntdawg

Stuntdawg

Awards
I recently tried a couple Neurostim w/Caffeine sample packs and I'll concur, this supplement really increased my abilities to focus, maintain intensity, and complete an awesome work-out. I wasn't sure if I'd experience any "enhanced" effect relative to my work-out, but after using it twice, I'm ready to invest in the product.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I received a sample of the +C from Nutraplanet, and thought I would give it a try. I didn't have high expectations, because I had read a few negative reports on it. I did however think that it was going to be a great pre workout stim based on the ingredients. I must say I was impressed with this product. I noticed a large increase in focus, intensity, and endurance during my workout. I'm looking forward to using it again.

biggjohn

Banned
Awards
I couldn't stand the taste of neurostim lemon spark.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Right now my preworkout shake includes neurostim (lemon spark) + substance WPI (grape) + vns jacked (lemon). tastes pretty good.

I definately have to add that I feel the same way about neurostim. I definately notice more of a difference in the gym compared to, lets say, writing an essay.

However, when I tried my +C packet, for some reason it was just too much caffeine for the workout (it was leg day) as I couldnt get my heart rate down. Strangely, I can take 200mg caffeine anhydrous without a problem anyday and get relatively no effects from it.

I will definately be buying it again.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
lemon isn't that great, orange pineapple I like quite a bit. I take this stuff when traveling only, love it.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I tried a couple of samples of Nuerostim, it was decent but I'm not a fan of DMAE..doesn't agree with my brain.

I think that NO-Xplode if far better in terms of focus and endurance..plus you get strength increases and a pump (although adding caffeine to a vasodialotor formula is counterproductive IMO).

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
GXR seems to potentiate a lot of nootropics this one included. I took one GXR and 1 dose of Neurostim+C and the result was overstimulation, like drinking a gallon of coffee. I imagine that k-rala bulk powder should potentiate most noos as well. It would allow you to use half a serving thus reducing the price per serving of Neurostim to a more affordable level.

Vader

Awards
I tried a few of the samples myself and really liked it. I would never actually buy Neurostim unless they reduce the absurd MuscleTech-like pricing!! Its ridiculous!! Its like a $1.50 per serving. I bought all the ingredients in bulk powder and make my own formula. It costs around $0.57 per serving.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I've used a few samples myself. Although it works, I believe the Throttle 1400X that I have been testing is just as effective (they seem to create about the same effect actually). I do have some caffiene tablets that I might take alone to see if that isn't the key ingredient in these formulas.

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
I tried a few of the samples myself and really liked it. I would never actually buy Neurostim unless they reduce the absurd MuscleTech-like pricing!! Its ridiculous!! Its like a $1.50 per serving. I bought all the ingredients in bulk powder and make my own formula. It costs around $0.57 per serving.
Buying anything in seperate bulk ingredients will usually be cheaper than a finished product. Flavoring, packaging, etc. and paying me all cost money, so that adds to cost. Most people are also are not as diligent as you and would rather buy a finished flavored product than have to do everything themselves.

I'm glad you liked the samples though :)

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I would also like to see the price drop. I don't have the time or the ambition to add another task or another list of bulk supplies to order, to my lifestyle, so I am one that likes to buy a finished product as well.

insectgod

How may I help you today?
Awards
I got a free sample of this from 1fast, and finally guzzled it last night alongside my pre-workout shake (man did I have to hit the pisser a lot after that!). Had a really good workout, very relaxed and focused, threw in a bunch of extra sets without really thinking about it...

When I woke up this morning, I could barely stand up my back was so sore! Not to mention my elbows and shoulders. I hadn't really noticed I was beating the crap out of myself so badly! Good stuff! I might have to buy me some for those days when my motivation is low...

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
amazlingly i HATED the Orange/Pineapple. I LOVE the Lemon Spark flavor for some reason. Kinda addicted to it. I might be the only one in the world to say that.

Nero +C gives me some great focus and stamina as well. I really noticed when I stopped taking it... workouts seemed flat..

Beast

Beast

"He's not human!"
Awards
  • Established
amazlingly i HATED the Orange/Pineapple. I LOVE the Lemon Spark flavor for some reason. Kinda addicted to it. I might be the only one in the world to say that.

Nero +C gives me some great focus and stamina as well. I really noticed when I stopped taking it... workouts seemed flat..
Everyone at the Arnold liked the Lemon better than the Orange Neurostime and liked the Grape Substance better than the Watermelon. In Vegas it was the opposite. You must live in the eastern U.S.?

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Minneapolis, MN baby!

Derek, who's that tiny guy in your avatar? LOL... jk.. and yeah, I like the Watermelon WAY better than the Grape. I wish it was a little cheaper and i'd get it more often... but oh well, i'll buy it anyway!!!!!

50joe

Awards
  • Established
I tried both the Neurostim, and the + C versions. I tried the product for a week before my workouts

I really didn't notice an effect from either, unfortunately :sad: I have heard good things all around, and was very excited when I tried it, but really didn't do much for me. And I have to mega-dose caffeine to feel any effect from that too, so that may be a factor. (I always wondered why that is, I never drank soda my entire life, or coffee, or any caffinated beverage, but I can hardly tell even when on a E/C stack!) Sounds like I'm the exception to everyone else's reviews! haha.
Maybe It helps those with a lack of certain chems in the body, but I felt the same intensity that I normally have without the stuff. Just my 2 cents. Maybe I'll try doubling up the dose next time.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
50joe---the same with me....I think this **** sucks

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have tried both versions, samples of course, The Orange pineapple tastes better then the lemon lime stuff. Both do nothing for me though. I also like the grape protein better then there watermellon. I am looking forward to trying some of there other stuff, like the new thermo.

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Tried it again Friday night except this time it was +C. My workout was nothing short of amazing. Nearly 2-hours of all-out effort. It felt like my best workout ever.

Maybe that's the trick. It makes you think that every workout is your best ever.

I'm definitely alot sorer than usual.

I'm still definitely sold on this stuff. It actually is even helping in other areas as well. After my workout I just felt energized and cleaned my whole house. :blink:

I can't imagine why you guys aren't feeling any benefit from this stuff. I'm thinking of taking it at work too! LOL

oldfart

oldfart

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am now seeing significant increase in my strength. I don't think this is supposed to be one of the effects but it is definitely happening.

It may be just the nootropic effect but I am seeing 5-15 lb increases in all of my dumbbell chest presses. I am also seeing significant increase in reps for my heavy leg presses and hack squats.

I am also able to realize these increases with much shorter rest between sets.

This **** is just plain fun.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Everyone at the Arnold liked the Lemon better than the Orange Neurostime and liked the Grape Substance better than the Watermelon. In Vegas it was the opposite. You must live in the eastern U.S.?
How do we canucks go about getting samples? :D

I wanna try this stuff.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. Too bad this **** is hella expensive.

Hey houseman, buy some stuff over at Nutraplanet and you're guaranteed to get 2 to 3 samples.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 2
Supplements 6
Supplements 0
yeahright Supplements 32
Supplement Logs 6