AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found 90 servings for $36. That would be $.40 a serving. I cannot remember the last time I saw aminos for that low of a price. Has anyone used them before? Did they taste good? What flavors would you suggest.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
They taste great and mix up clear. The only one i wasn't fond of was the tigers blood which is like a pina colada to me. But yea i definitely recommend it

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
My favorite is the bomb scicle its the bomb lol

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
Where did you find it? I've really been wanting to try it

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried sour batch, skiddles, and star fruit or whatever it's called. Skiddles is the best imo. money0351 has tried a good amount of them as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
havent tried this one. I usually use amino iv or aminox but strong supplement shop has tons of aminos for a pretty good price.
Thanks, but like I said in the OP, I found the product already on another site...

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You also have to realize comparing this to other aminos is a far stretch. You are paying for flavoring + Bulk BCAA's.
MAN Iso-Amino is just BCAA's, things like Purple Wraath, Amino IV, Core ABC etc have extra recovery goodies (BA, CM, SynerGlut etc) which could aid performance/endurance/recovery depending on how you are using your aminos (pre-workout fasted training//dosed as a bolus) .

For the price yeah its good, have not seen much feedback, but again its just bulk BCAA's(5g) + Flavoring for the most part.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^ This. it's just bcaa's but the flavour of Sour Batch Kids is on point.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You also have to realize comparing this to other aminos is a far stretch. You are paying for flavoring + Bulk BCAA's.
MAN Iso-Amino is just BCAA's, things like Purple Wraath, Amino IV, Core ABC etc have extra recovery goodies (BA, CM, SynerGlut etc) which could aid performance/endurance/recovery depending on how you are using your aminos (pre-workout fasted training//dosed as a bolus) .

For the price yeah its good, have not seen much feedback, but again its just bulk BCAA's(5g) + Flavoring for the most part.
And this is what I was thinking as well. I usually stick with PW or Juiced Aminos which are more than just aminos. Often, these can be found for around $.50 a serving, so 10 cents more, but there are also ingredients that improve the formula. Which is why I am still debating on the deal. I didn't think about it in terms of bulk aminos, but you're right, that's all it is.

SKL87

Awards
Where did you find them for that price? because even though it is just straight BCAAs it is the best tasting one ive ever used. Skittles, Sour Patch, and Starblaze are amazing.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They definitely taste like what they're supposed to. I basically use them to make gummies or slushies.

And you can always get them fairly cheap

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
i have only tried tigers blood which was pretty nice, like a coconut /fruit punch flavor.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Jebus you guys are making me lust for my blender and a big bag of skittles bcaas. I haven't tried them due to their limited ability even for great flavoring, I try to buy aminos in bulk....but the 90 servings puts this product back on radar. The skittle amino slushy sounds like heaven on earth...

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you make amino slushy? I haven't touched bcaas since the disgusting flavor and mixability that was OG purple wrath

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jebus you guys are making me lust for my blender and a big bag of skittles bcaas. I haven't tried them due to their limited ability even for great flavoring, I try to buy aminos in bulk....but the 90 servings puts this product back on radar. The skittle amino slushy sounds like heaven on earth...
How do you make amino slushy? I haven't touched bcaas since the disgusting flavor and mixability that was OG purple wrath
Just mix some BCAA's and freeze them in an ice tray until completely frozen.
Then, I always mix another scoop with cold water and pour into a blender with the BCAA ice cubes

It's like a anabolic margarita on a hot day

wray98

wray98

Awards
The flavors are legit!! Sour Batch was a bit to sour for me by the 3rd serving, the Starblaze flavor is my favorite.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I derided not to jump on it. Yea, they may taste great, but it would be cheaper to buy bulk aminos and flavor them with packets or drops. Not a bad deal if someone is just looking for pre flavored bulk aminos though.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are those like the retarded cousins of the Sour Patch Kids?
I think they might be lol. Some posters above said skittles but they are called fruitties to avoid copyright infringement.

I was hoping for fuzzy peach or Swedish fish flavour but not sure they will be more...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think they might be lol. Some posters above said skittles but they are called fruitties to avoid copyright infringement.

I was hoping for fuzzy peach or Swedish fish flavour but not sure they will be more...
Swedish fish would honestly get me to buy them. It is my all time favorite candy.

Reactions: GNO

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Swedish fish would honestly get me to buy them. It is my all time favorite candy.
All Swedish fish lovers unite....let's email bomb MAN with requests.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I just came across a bogo on them. Has anyone tried the dorks flavor?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm surprised they used the term Sour Batch kids along with the color combo. It's definitely a trademark issue.

It looks like they smartened up by calling the Nerds flavor ones Dorks.

I'm gonna try them at least with the bogo deal

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm surprised they used the term Sour Batch kids along with the color combo. It's definitely a trademark issue.

It looks like they smartened up by calling the Nerds flavor ones Dorks.

I'm gonna try them at least with the bogo deal
Actually no. The candy is Sour Patch Kids so 'batch' should be legally acceptable.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually no. The candy is Sour Patch Kids so 'batch' should be legally acceptable.
Actually yes, please don't correct someone when you obviously dont know the law.

This would be an easy trademark case. It is a likelihood of confusion issue due to the similarity of the terms and the trade mark colors being copied almost directly.

Reactions: GNO

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually yes, please don't correct someone when you obviously dont know the law.

This would be an easy trademark case. It is a likelihood of confusion issue due to the similarity of the terms and the trade mark colors being copied almost directly.
Fair point.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well looking at their insta Swedish fish lovers might just get their wish. You guys United pretty quickly ;) at least looks Swedish fish imo

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well looking at their insta Swedish fish lovers might just get their wish. You guys United pretty quickly ;) at least looks Swedish fish imo
Just saw this on Stack3d. My wallet will never be ready...

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just saw this on Stack3d. My wallet will never be ready...
dropping mid-next week...very excited if it indeed is Swedish fish flav.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dropping mid-next week...very excited if it indeed is Swedish fish flav.
It is, I just got their inside email. It isn't a great price, so I'll wait, but damn I'm excited. I will definitely be getting a tub even though it is just your standard BCAA product.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is, I just got their inside email. It isn't a great price, so I'll wait, but damn I'm excited. I will definitely be getting a tub even though it is just your standard BCAA product.
Yep, same here ... I agree pricing is not that great & shipping to Canada is reeeeedonkulous!!!

I was hoping you were going to buy and let us know how it tastes :(

Steve Rogers

Steve Rogers

Awards
I've always read/heard that aminos were a waste? *scratching head* You guys seeing gains from them?

SKL87

Awards
I've always read/heard that aminos were a waste? *scratching head* You guys seeing gains from them?
Its not something your going to see so much as feel, speaking for myself I have noticed that the DOMS are much milder and lesser in length when im supplementing with bcaas than when im not. They are for aiding in the repair of muscle tissues from what I understand so if that's a waste then I guess,

Steve Rogers

Steve Rogers

Awards
Its not something your going to see so much as feel, speaking for myself I have noticed that the DOMS are much milder and lesser in length when im supplementing with bcaas than when im not. They are for aiding in the repair of muscle tissues from what I understand so if that's a waste then I guess,
I can see that, I think if I got started using them I'd put them in my intraworkout drink or something.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
BCAA's are free forms of protein they would help you if you do not reach enough protein in the 24 hour period from whole foods + whey protein, recovery not so much. Maybe a product with extra's including LCLT, CM, BA or other forms of goodies to aid your performance/endurance/recovery

Best is subjective. Most people do not even need them in the first place since they are meeting protein intake and more protein is not always better. Once protein minimums are met carbs and fats are more sparing

Some good information for you first:

No need to sip on BCAA's all day (From Mr Cooper):

Don't fall for the "it's a great replacement for sugary drinks" argument. BCAAs are 6 calories per gram, and when sipped in an all day fashion, contribute heavily to both an insulin response and gluconeogenesis. Sipping on BCAA’s takes away from MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) as levels never get a chance to reach refractory stages before being spike dagain The net effect is increased insulin and blood sugar. So when you sip on BCAAs instead of sugary drinks...you replace blood sugar and insulin with blood sugar and insulin.

BCAA's would only benefit you for fasted AM Training dosed pre-workout or as a bolus between meals 4-6 hours apart

http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/uploads/Norton-J-Ag-Food-Ind-Hi-Tech-2008.pdf
http://www.slideshare.net/biolayne/optimal-protein-intake-and-meal-frequency-to-support-maximal-protein-synthesis-and-muscle-mass

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep, same here ... I agree pricing is not that great & shipping to Canada is reeeeedonkulous!!!

I was hoping you were going to buy and let us know how it tastes :(
Nope. I don't need them that badly. I will wait until they are BOGO or B2G1F. Better value that way compared to their introductory sale. Plus, I definitely do not need another shaker. I already have too many!

I usually train fasted and when I don't, my pre workout meal and post workout meal are about 4-5 hours apart. So I'll sip on them intra then.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
^^^ even with meals speed 4-5 hours apart there would be no need for BCAA's due to food overlap . It would be best to take the BCAA as a bolus instead of "sipping" on them which cooper dictated above.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^^ even with meals speed 4-5 hours apart there would be no need for BCAA's due to food overlap . It would be best to take the BCAA as a bolus instead of "sipping" on them which cooper dictated above.
Followed this advice today, thanks.