"The Arginine Scam"

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bump for any input from Bobo. He'd mentioned the arginine/lysine combo is great for GH secretion, yet they mention at least arg isn't so effective.

Bull6125

Bull6125

Awards
HaHa...exactly the response I expected. Good stuff guys. There's all kinds of great stuff on the red site of doom, like results with .3 grams of creatine monohydrate....and yes that is a decimal before the three.

Jblake

Awards
I wouldn't say the worst site out there. That's a bit much. There's some good information to be gleaned from there. I'd put it a step above mags like muscle and fitness.

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
I dunno... it's a lot like M&F without all the muscletech ads.:lol:

jhferry

Awards
I dunno... it's a lot like M&F without all the muscletech ads.:lol:
I do think there training programs are worth a look. There supplements tho aside from Mag10 and grow protein are all garbage.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
so far I do think argnine products are bullshit

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
nothing but placebo effect if you ask me

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
All substances have nonresponders. It's just the way it is. As for arginine, in conunction with lysine it seems to raise GH, though nothing that'll help build muscle. According to Bobo, who I trust, it's good for metabolizing fat over the long term. The pumps most get from arginine are a good mental boost. As to whether the excess blood in the area actually helps build more muscle, that's debatable. I've only seen one study that actually seemed to show the increased blood flow translating into greater amino delivery to the muscle cells.

One thing I'm interested in is a study posted on Haycock's HST site showing creatine increasing the activity of myogenic stem cells surrounding the muscle cells. Trying to look that up on Pub Med to study it further. Not much time though.

Renton405

Awards
AAKG and creatine definatly give me fuller muscles and better pumps...Im a believer in how well a muscle pumps is in conjunction to how well it grows...I would always lose muscle and get a flat look when my pumps went downhill...

swoosh

swoosh

Awards
Im a firm believer in arginine being a mental thing. If it did increase NO which in turn increases blood vessel size, then there would be a lot of guys with hard ons in the gym.

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
so that's why no one comes near me in the gym...

Im a firm believer in arginine being a mental thing. If it did increase NO which in turn increases blood vessel size, then there would be a lot of guys with hard ons in the gym.