Looking for a new Protein choice

symbianblack

Awards
I'm ditching Optimum Nutrition gold standard being multiple claims state they use the worst and cheapest form of filtration, which is ion exchange. What do you guys suggest? I've been using ON Gold standard for so long

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You should look into Select by PES. Each scoop of Select has 24 grams of protein with only 1 gram of carbs and 1.5 grams of fat. The blend of protein used is the most optimal blend. Check out this link for more info, and feel free to ask me any questions you may have:

http://selectprotein.com

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You should look into Select by PES. Each scoop of Select has 24 grams of protein with only 1 gram of carbs and 1.5 grams of fat. The blend of protein used is the most optimal blend. Check out this link for more info, and feel free to ask me any questions you may have:

http://selectprotein.com
This, Pronom, XF, BioX, or Scivation

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
don't forget to test drive IFNs Protean in the brown sugar maple cookie flavor... yum!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Select and XF Ultra Peptide are great choices.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Betancourt nutrition big blend
Dymatize elite xt

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a few go to: iForce Protein, Cellucor Cor Whey, MTS Whey, SAN Titantium Whey, PES Select, Controlled Labs Pronom, Universal Whey, and XF UP 2.0. You cannot go wrong with any of those.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you don't hear too much about this protein blend, but it is actually pretty strong profile, and very unique taste
I love it. Using their white chocolate currently and it tastes amazing.

Not to mention their protein is PERFECT for baked goods

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a few go to: iForce Protein, Cellucor Cor Whey, MTS Whey, SAN Titantium Whey, PES Select, Controlled Labs Pronom, Universal Whey, and XF UP 2.0. You cannot go wrong with any of those.
Can't forget the Cellucor COR whey!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I love it. Using their white chocolate currently and it tastes amazing. Not to mention their protein is PERFECT for baked goods
Looks like I have a new one to try thanks Tyga.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PES Select, OxyElite Protein, Controlled Labs ProNom.

symbianblack

Awards
I see people don't like to use the "big name" trio Optimum, Cytosport, BSN. I was looking at Dymatize but since I herd Post bought them I went leary of a big company take over and adding they're taint

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
My favs are:

PES Select
Cellucor
Beverly International
XF
BPI Whey
SAN

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if money isn't an option i'd stick with pure isolates like isotean, isolyze, tc-f isolate

symbianblack

Awards
if money isn't an option i'd stick with pure isolates like isotean, isolyze, tc-f isolate
I read that the overall benefit of a non iso protein outweighs the benefit of a slightly faster absorption

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I read that the overall benefit of a non iso protein outweighs the benefit of a slightly faster absorption
you mean a blend? because blends still have isolate in them, i'd still recommend a straight isolate from what i've read, as long as cost isn't any issue...if it is something like protean or any 100% whey will do

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
IFN Protean Brown Sugar Maple Oatmeal Cookie.

Tastes great when added to oatmeal before my workouts.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I think you're splitting finite baby hairs
if you are that concerned about it, then skip the powders and simply eat real foods
steak, ftw

symbianblack

Awards
I think you're splitting finite baby hairs
if you are that concerned about it, then skip the powders and simply eat real foods
steak, ftw
Oh I consume whole foods. I actually eat whole foods pre workout and only hit the shake afterwards. But I still want overall quality.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
only hit the shake afterwards. But I still want overall quality.
even of less overall importance then, if you are speaking minimal use in isolated fashion like this
now - if you were consuming more frequent reliance on shakes (say, half your daily protein intake - which would be problematic in itself to begin with), then maybe quality of said protein becomes exponentially more important..

as long as you are not getting bamboozled by advertising budget of what you believe to be "the big three" you mentioned earlier, or looking at bottom-barrel prices in order to be cheap, you really have quite a few options as there are a lot of quality products out there

symbianblack

Awards
even of less overall importance then, if you are speaking minimal use in isolated fashion like this
now - if you were consuming more frequent reliance on shakes (say, half your daily protein intake - which would be problematic in itself to begin with), then maybe quality of said protein becomes exponentially more important..

as long as you are not getting bamboozled by advertising budget of what you believe to be "the big three" you mentioned earlier, or looking at bottom-barrel prices in order to be cheap, you really have quite a few options as there are a lot of quality products out there
I'm also concerned with the whole amino spiking trend

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm ditching Optimum Nutrition gold standard being multiple claims state they use the worst and cheapest form of filtration, which is ion exchange. What do you guys suggest? I've been using ON Gold standard for so long
http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/muscle-pharm-combat-4-lbs..html been using this over 3 yrs now. It is one of my all time fav's in terms of quality, mixture, and cost for the amount you get. My wife even puts it into my pancakes mix and is very tasteful. Also I will get the chocolate Pes select protein very good and one of my companies.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cellucor COR-whey is my typical go to for a general whey. Allmax Isoflex if you want an isolate, plus the taste and additional bonuses (like chocolate chips) are delicious!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
you don't hear too much about this protein blend, but it is actually pretty strong profile, and very unique taste
I enjoyed the White Chocolate version mixed with chocolate milk.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
PES Select hands down, snickerdoodle is insane

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
just tried the snickerdoodle flavor of select protein, so good!!

symbianblack

Awards
With the suggestions I went ahead and tried Cellucore Core Whey. Funny I'm in the Tampa bay area (Largo/St.Pete) and my local GNC AND Vitamin Shoppe did NOT have the PES Select let alone the entire line of supps and the Corporate Headquarters is located here. Sad because I see ALOT of PES love in the forum

SheddingSkin

SheddingSkin

Awards
I constantly see Cellucore Core Whey being mentioned as a great blend and can never find it on any of the sponsored sites. Is it exclusively offered on Cellucore's website?

symbianblack

Awards
I constantly see Cellucore Core Whey being mentioned as a great blend and can never find it on any of the sponsored sites. Is it exclusively offered on Cellucore's website?
My local GNC carries also my local Vitamin Shoppe

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
With the suggestions I went ahead and tried Cellucore Core Whey. Funny I'm in the Tampa bay area (Largo/St.Pete) and my local GNC AND Vitamin Shoppe did NOT have the PES Select let alone the entire line of supps and the Corporate Headquarters is located here. Sad because I see ALOT of PES love in the forum
Wait. Wut? You actually go to GNC?