broading my supplement horizon

chiguy80

Awards
I have been doing some reading for the past few moths on different supplements, and all the questions I put into google, Anabolic Minds always comes up with results. So I figure I had to join this great forum.

First thing first..I spent months putting my diet and workout in check to see where I stand before looking into supplements beyond Whey.
My stats are as follows. 34, 195lb, roughly 19.5%bf (down from 27% since March).

I Started workout with a member at my gym and told him I want to get this bf around 12%. He said "right now don't focus on a cutting supplement or mass supplements" go for your staples (Whey, Creatine, multi, BCAA) and throw in a test booster. His logic was, the booster will help you lift longer and heaver so the more you lift the more calories you burn, the more fat you burn. I hope I remembered that right.

So I ask the great minds of this forum. Being stuck in this situation of wanting to add mass and drop 7%bf would a test booster be my best option?

Thanks in advanced

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can se his rationale behind the test booster reccomendation but if your goal is to lose weight, focus on that. Anabeta elite + alphamine would be a great stack for you and has phenomenal feedback on the forum.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Test boosters aren't worth it if you're seeking LBM enhancement. Diet wise, it's difficult to drop weight and add muscle. If you're seeking a long term recomp, items such as Forskolin, X-Gels, and AnaBeta Elite are top notch products.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
personally I think I would replace the test booster with forskolin, and choose a fatburner that you like. some of the good ones are alphamine, dexaprine, norcodrene, redline UHC, LCH, og OeP.. the list could keep going and going. there are some really great products on the market right now.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
If weight loss is your goal look into the thermos. OTC T-Boosters I find work best for a PCT situation vs trying to cut down. Dexaprine+TT-33 is a great stack.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
You are far from your goal to recomp, so it looks like you should try cutting a while then add lean muscle after that IMO.

http://www.orbitnutrition.com/cart/index.php?dispatch=product_features.view&variant_id=550

Alphamine is the gateway supplement for cutting lol. Or their new Norcodrene.

Either would make a cut a lot easier, and from there I would consider Anabeta Elite.

Lots of other options if you tell us your current specific goal
hey Driven...question...are you saying that ABE would not only be beneficial during a bulk but also during a cut?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'd stick to the staples he recommended, a whey isolate, quality creatine, and instead of bcaa's look into compete, it'll help you lift longer and harder

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
hey Driven...question...are you saying that ABE would not only be beneficial during a bulk but also during a cut?
Not at all its great in a cut just budget wise I don't want to suggest a massive stack, he is just using basics atm.

Also ABE has the hunger side effect and needs some extra willpower in a cut lol.

I use it while cutting though. So budget depending and if OP doesn't mind being hungry it is certainly a good addition

chiguy80

Awards
Thanks for all the recommendations. Used a few fat burners way back when and they would give me bad shakes. I follow directions to the letter so not sure if it was my body's way of responding to them, the ephedrine or anything else. I know everybody is different, but with the fat burners listed (and any other ones you may recommend) what produces the minimal side effects?

As far as current specific goal: would be to get this body fat % down with out loosing the little mass I have.
Long family history of diabetes so doc said to help prevent it the fat has to keep coming down. My frame is not that big so I guess that's what has me stuck wanting to add some mass while cutting fat. Hate sounding like an idiot, but gotta learn someplace.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
No shame in a desire to learn brother

A milder stim and overall great product would be Norcodrene.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MASS 550 would be a very suitable option here.

Strength gains. Lan body mass promotion and a nice leaning effect from the AI that is incorporated into the product.

You could also stack MASS with this little gem,

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/the-supreme-stimul8-stack-stimul8-freebies.html

To further enhance results.

Oh and it's got s kick ass shirt that comes with it :)

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/new-mass-550-free-custom-t-shirt-limited-time.html

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are far from your goal to recomp, so it looks like you should try cutting a while then add lean muscle after .

Lots of other options if you tell us your current specific goal
Good advice here. I think it will be easier to focus on one goal first (like fat loss) and then when you're more satisfied, go for adding muscle mass.

When was the last time you tried a fat burner? If it was back in the 90s, it definitely could have been ephedra based. Otherwise you may have stim intolerance. Do you have issues with coffee/tea/soda?
There are some non-stim options available as well that may help you in your goals.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
X-Factor (arachidonic acid) and Reform (forskolin) will be your best bets for continuing to recomp.