FREE--FREE--FREE--FREE>>>>Product!

I want to thank bobo for his quick professional service!

I urge all to read the cAMPHIBOLIC Series at synergymuscle.com Karl "nandi" Hoffman. We are truley excited about this product.

Not to shy away from matters, I am currently running a Fun contest on the boards I sponsor.

I am looking for the best response not the first response. The winner will recieve a 2 FREEE bottles of cAMPHIBOLIC "Post cycle theraphy Monster" at synergymuscle.com. You can quote research but the answer orginal writing(so copy and paste jobs).

Winner will be chosen Monday. ENJOPY

calpain/calpastatin

What is it?

Would a bodybuilder want to inhibit or Activate the system?why.

Cortisol

what is it?

Would a bodybuilder want to inhibit or Activate the system?why.

Again, the best overall answer wins and your not limited to one anwer. Take your nootrophic and impress with intelligence!

ceosm

RRAdam

Awards
Calpain is a calcium dependant protein degrading enzyme. It breaks down muscles in the body by removing z discs and m lines in myofibrils. There are two types of calpain, m-calpain which requires more calcium than the other type, μ-calpain to become active. Calpain can also degrade cartilage, and an excess of active calpain can lead to rheumatoid arthritis.

Obviously calpain would be undesired when it comes to bodybuilding.

Calpastatin is an ihibitor of calpain. It regulated the amount of active calpain in cells, as there is enough calpain in muscles to destroy them in 10 minutes. An increase of antibodies against calpastatin can lead to muscle atrophy and cartilidge degredation. Also, Calpain/Calpastatin activity is different in double-muscled bulls (like the myostatin bull)
An introduction or activation of calpastatin would lead to less active calpain, and as a result muscle hypertrophy.

Cortisol section coming later...

RRAdam

Awards
Cortisol is a steroid hormone that metabolizes carbohydrates and protein. It is released by the cortex of the adrenal glands. Cortisol is produced when corticotropin releasing hormone (CRH) produced by the hypothalamus releases adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). The ACTH is sensed by the cortex of the adrenal glands, and cortisol is released. There several factors that determine the amount of cortisol produced. Stress can increase the amount of cortisol in the body, as can illness, extreme temperatures, and physical exertion (why you shouldn't do 3 hour workouts).

Cortisol can increase blood pressure, blood-sugar levels, glycogen formation in the liver, lower GH and IGF levels, lower pituitary gonadtropin and TSH levels and can inhibit immune system function and can inhibit bone growth. A very large increase of cortisol of a period of time causes Cushing's syndrome, which symptoms include round face, edema, fat gain, cartilidge degredation, bone weakening, and severe musclular atrophy. Cortisol can be used to treat asthma or emphysema, and can be used to treat allergic reactions.

If cortisol could be inhibited, muscle growth and fat loss could be acheived, though complete inhibition of cortisol, could lead to joint inflamation.

Keep the comming! The winner will be announced on Monday!

ceosm

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol can increase blood pressure, blood-sugar levels, glycogen formation in the liver, and inhibits immune system function and can inhibit bone growth. A very large increase of cortisol of a period of time causes Cushing's syndrome, which symptoms include round face, edema, fat gain, cartilidge degredation, bone weakening, and severe musclular atrophy. Cortisol can be used to treat asthma or emphysema, and can be used to treat allergic reactions.

If cortisol could be inhibited, muscle growth and fat loss could be acheived.
I've seen conflicting reports about cortisol inhibiting immune system function. This misnomer is due to the fact that cortisol often increases during infection. Cortisol inversely inhibits protein degradation which could help deny amino acids to bacteria.

It also has anti inflammatory properties so if eradicated from your system you would experience joint pain as sometimes seen when taking 7-oh. Thus while generally considered "bad" a certain amount is required in your system much in the same vain as estrogen.

RRAdam

Awards
Of course you wouldnt want to completely inhibit something. I suppose I should rephrase that. Though a high level of cortisol is still unwanted - if it can be kept relatively low, the effects can be seen without negative sides.

I was under the impression that cortisol increased the break down of protein.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Of course you wouldnt want to completely inhibit something. I suppose I should rephrase that. Though a high level of cortisol is still unwanted - if it can be kept relatively low, the effects can be seen without negative sides.

I was under the impression that cortisol increased the break down of protein.
Cortisol can also decrease the utilization of glucose by cells by directly inhibiting glucose transport into the cells, hence why we also see decrease in insulin sensitivity.
Excessive levels of cortisol can lead to a progressive loss of protein and thus muscle weakness and atrophy which bbers want to avoid. It is this mechanism that may actually be an immune response to deny bacteria and infections the "fuel" they need to proliferate.

Unfortunately excess levels of cortisol also lead to loss of bone mass through increased calcium excretion and decreased calcium absorption.

In regards to mitigating cortisol to control fat loss, this is becuase it causes a redistribution of bodyfat to occur. I'm not sure the exact mechanism is known but usually the extremities lose fat and muscle(most likely the latter) while the trunk and face become/appear fatter. Part of this may be due to the hypertension it induces as it causes sodium retention and potassium excretion giving you a bloated aapearance.

So as you said the goal is to mitigate cortisol levels while not completely inhibiting them because we need cortisol's anti-inflammatory effects.

RRAdam

Awards
yes, enter cushing's syndrome.

found this on the web...

[cortisol] Suppresses the immune system, especially T-lymphocytes, which are necessary for antibody release (recall that T-cell CD40L receptors interact with B-cells and IL-4 is released from T-cells to activate B-cells). Glucocorticoids can induce apoptosis in lymphocytes. This decreases the amount of antibody available.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
my answer is in your welcome thread, where you also posted this contest, I saw it there first, sorry