Thoughts on Silk Aminos

mcfrazier23

Awards
Just wondering what you guys think about these Silk Aminos. I've tried a few different brands, but I found this one from ANR called Silk Aminos that I liked better than the Blox from BPI. Its cheaper, you get more servings, and it taste really good. As far as recovery goes, it seems to be making a difference, I've been doing 2-a-days for the last 3 weeks trying to put on some extra mass before a show in June, and I've felt fresh every time I step in the gym. Let me know what you guys think

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i liked the way blox tasted, got a bottle for free.....however i recently heard layne norton talk about silk aminos, they have the lowest luecine content he's ever tested, i'd stick with regular bcaa's

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
they arent worth a purchase

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wondering what you guys think about these Silk Aminos. I've tried a few different brands, but I found this one from ANR called Silk Aminos that I liked better than the Blox from BPI. Its cheaper, you get more servings, and it taste really good. As far as recovery goes, it seems to be making a difference, I've been doing 2-a-days for the last 3 weeks trying to put on some extra mass before a show in June, and I've felt fresh every time I step in the gym. Let me know what you guys think
A silk shirt is more anabolic...

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Hydrolysate bcaa...blah!

Their ads are way too much...bcaa's are a thing of the past lol

Being completely unbiased here but, I haven't found a better bang for your buck Bcaa product that can beat Modern Bcaa

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i liked the way blox tasted, got a bottle for free.....however i recently heard layne norton talk about silk aminos, they have the lowest luecine content he's ever tested, i'd stick with regular bcaa's
Heard that to.. fruit punch tasted good though.

Mike

jaicmi

Awards
i agree with alot of the other folks up here, all tests seem to have been performed on lab rats not humans, i did try some SILK and Blox before and honestly didnt get much off either. I know when i take a good BCAA like inner armour; one that froth's up i feel almost instant positive nitrogen balance - did not get that from SILK aminos.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Apparently any calories are better than SAA lol.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i agree with alot of the other folks up here, all tests seem to have been performed on lab rats not humans, i did try some SILK and Blox before and honestly didnt get much off either. I know when i take a good BCAA like inner armour; one that froth's up i feel almost instant positive nitrogen balance - did not get that from SILK aminos.
You feel a positive nitrogen balance??

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Altough some people are still on the fence about SAA I've been using them for quite a while and they seem to have helped me with extended use. Finaflex has a BCAA+SAA intra worktout that you should really give a shot. The new apple flavor is pretty amazing and there are a few logs happening right now if you want to check them out.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You feel a positive nitrogen balance??
Are you telling me you never eat a meal and think "damn, I can really feel the muscle protein synthesis right now" ? ;)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you telling me you never eat a meal and think "damn, I can really feel the muscle protein synthesis right now" ? ;)
Guess I am not in tune with my body chemistry enough yet. :(

On the real tho I see absolutely no reason to use SAA. Not even sure how they even received any hype. :confused: