Overwhelmed, are there too many supplements and companies?

zv3

zv3

Awards
I gotta admit, keeping up with the newest supplements is a little overwhelming. There are sooo many companies and sooo many supplements.
Unfortunately I am always on the look-out for what works and feel as though I am missing out if I don't try out almost everything out there! It's like a full-time job studying ingredients and dosages and company profiles etc. And companies keep changing their quality, so a company that sucked a couple years ago can re-invent itself and sell better products now, and visa-verse.

I wonder if they are all making money because there seems to be a limited market but tons of supplement companies and tons of product out there. I also go to another website that show me what's in development and almost every company is coming out with new products!

How do you guys keep up with this crap? Do you wait until other guys have reviewed supplements, or do you just go and buy what's out there that's new? Do you have TOOO many supplements like I do?

Ballesteri

Ballesteri

Awards
There are really not that many compounds. There are to many companies trying to sell the same compounds under various clever names and repetitious blends thus confusing and overwhelming you and others.

Find what works for you and put blinders on the hype. Personally I like companies such as usp that innovate and seek out new compositions than those continuously reformulating blends that vary not much from those already available

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
you'll get a basic understanding of what category the different supps fall into. its alot of fancy names but in the end it does about the same as their competetor

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
for me, there arent many compounds that are out there they are a really decent product. Just alot of bulk products. USPLabs and PES have my heart right now for some of their formulas like Versa, Erase pro...etc :D

You just have to spend time studying basically. Once you post consistently, you will hear and see the names of supplements enough that you will pick up on what they are.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Learn about individual ingredients rather than whole products. Many products contain the same ingredients, as has been mentioned. Understanding the ingredients will allow you to understand more about various products, if that makes sense?

Reviews, personal experiences.. Both good ways to determine the quality of a product. Good luck, bro!

One more thing.. Someone mentioned USPLabs being dependable. I second that statement. And would like to add PES in that category as well. Very few companies continue to innovate and produce quality products

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Learn about individual ingredients rather than whole products. Many products contain the same ingredients, as has been mentioned. Understanding the ingredients will allow you to understand more about various products, if that makes sense?

Reviews, personal experiences.. Both good ways to determine the quality of a product. Good luck, bro!

One more thing.. Someone mentioned USPLabs being dependable. I second that statement. And would like to add PES in that category as well. Very few companies continue to innovate and produce quality products
steal my answer why don't you. lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yep, worry about ingredients + doses, and pay attention to what and what % extracts are standardized to. It does take time and research, but its also worth it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
research the ingredients and find companies you trust

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
I know what you mean...but I usually just stick with the same 3 or 4 companies...

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah I have way too many supplements lol. I stick with three company's tho. Purus, Finaflex and USP. They always make great stuff and I'm hardly ever let down by any of them.

Loudy Rowdy

Loudy Rowdy

Awards
Yeah I have way too many supplements lol. I stick with three company's tho. Purus, Finaflex and USP. They always make great stuff and I'm hardly ever let down by any of them.

have you tried Finaflex/Redefined Nutrition's PumpMax? (or is is MaxPump?)

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Companies can come and go, but one thing that will always be there is the science. Keep up with the science and the companies that follow it...and you won't be lead astray ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Companies can come and go, but one thing that will always be there is the science. Keep up with the science and the companies that follow it...and you won't be lead astray ;)

some companies may use only scienced back ingredients....if their marketing isn't on point then they won't make it, also could use science backed ingredients and if they aren't "quality" raw materials and again they won't be around long, and last but not least a company could use all science proven ingredients and underdose those ingredients....science isn't the only answer

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
some companies may use only scienced back ingredients....if their marketing isn't on point then they won't make it, also could use science backed ingredients and if they aren't "quality" raw materials and again they won't be around long, and last but not least a company could use all science proven ingredients and underdose those ingredients....science isn't the only answer
but it is the backbone for solid companies.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I completely agree, nor was I contending such

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
ok it just sounded like u meant as long as companies use science that they'll be fine
Nope, I was speaking from a consumer standpoint. If the consumer buys science-backed, quality products, they generally can't go wrong. Sure, other things go into the equation, but it's not like I made a disclaimer saying "this is the ONLY FACTOR THAT MATTERS!!!!" :D