ProLab Lean Mass Matrix A good bulker/muscle builder?

Superus

Awards
I was planning on buying 20 boxes of this stuff to last me a month

Now is this a good quality mass builder/weight gainer if i took 2 packets 7 times a day with my food?

thats like 530grams of carbs quality carbs i'm guessing what do you guys think?

size

Awards
  • Established
You must have plenty of money to spend. :)

You do not want to use more than 1 or 2 of those packets daily. It just is not necessary as you can get all the nutrients you need from whole fresh foods.

GuyinLA

Awards
I think VPX Micellean MRP is a better value. At bulknutrition it costs three dollars less per 20 pack box. But aside from cost, I think Micellean is a superior product because:

1. There is no whey concentrate in Micellean, a cheaper and not as desirable form of protein. Lean Matrix's first protein listing is whey concentrate which means it is the primary protein. By contrast, Micellean's primary protein is casein, which I understand to be the most desirable protein if one is looking for slow-digesting protein (which you should be in a MRP).
2. There are 5 grams more protein per packet in Micellean (45 vs. 40).
3. Micellean throws in a little flax seed meal.

Superus

Awards
Protein found in lean mass matrix is a little weaK...

But I'm buying it for the carb count lean mass has quality carbs where as VPX doesn't

xil

Awards
Buying it for the carb count...? Why not opt for real food, much much cheaper, more nutrients, and probably tastes better

GuyinLA

Awards
Protein found in lean mass matrix is a little weaK...

But I'm buying it for the carb count lean mass has quality carbs where as VPX doesn't
That isn't accurate. VPX also has quality carbs. No maltodextrin. Look at the ingredients.

size

Awards
  • Established
That isn't accurate. VPX also has quality carbs. No maltodextrin. Look at the ingredients.
I agree with you. VPX Micellean MRP is a great product.
However, the real point should be that you do not need to be consuming 3+ MRP's daily.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I would just add ground oats to Micellean if you wanted more quality carbd and a great product. BTW, you could also do a poor man's MRP of 2 scoops of allthewhey with a cup of oats and some with water, it's not as bad as it sounds and it's dirt cheap which is great for a cheap bastard like me.

GuyinLA

Awards
I agree with you. VPX Micellean MRP is a great product.
However, the real point should be that you do not need to be consuming 3+ MRP's daily.
I agree. I consume Micellean once daily, in the morning on my way to work. I want something easy and convenient in the morning and Micellean fits the bill.

GuyinLA

Awards
I would just add ground oats to Micellean if you wanted more quality carbd and a great product. BTW, you could also do a poor man's MRP of 2 scoops of allthewhey with a cup of oats and some with water, it's not as bad as it sounds and it's dirt cheap which is great for a cheap bastard like me.
After the holidays, I'll have to look into this. Micellean costs $1.80 per packet. If your way is a lot cheaper I may give it at try.

Superus

Awards
Reasonw hy i asked about this product being a mass builder if taken 2 packets 7 times with meals the effects will be great. i plan on added this supp to my cycle starting in jan.

FunkMasterFlex

Awards
Reasonw hy i asked about this product being a mass builder if taken 2 packets 7 times with meals the effects will be great. i plan on added this supp to my cycle starting in jan.
Ive used it for as much as 3 meals a day. Cinnamon Oatmeal is the best tasting MRP ive ever had. The choc isnt too bad either. IF you are really using 14 packet a day. Im guessing you dont have time to eat. I would def try to get some Fruit in there and some veggies, but hell VPX's puts a not in my stomach but i did like it as far as ingredients. As someone who needs bout 5-6k cals over 10 meals i feel your urge to drink them hehe. I give it a thumbs up as the fiber will be your friend too. You can also cook and freeze brown rice and chicken breasts for the weekends. I did that 4 meals a day, and reheat at the micro at work and i just ate whatever on saturdays being i was bulking and using lots of ALA and partioning supps.

Edge

Awards
I always liked sans infusion, though its a little low on carbs....and expensive....

Superus

Awards
So i'm going to be buying a couple boxes of MRPS

Which one is a Good Solid Choice?

VPX or PRolab lean mass?

Grant

Awards
  • Established
They are both solid choices, though the VPX one has more fiber though I think. I like micellean better, though Prolab tastes a bit better.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree...I have both kinds right now, and LMM is much better tasting...

size

Awards
  • Established
Which one is a Good Solid Choice?
VPX or PRolab lean mass?

You could get both to add some variety. Both are good products with solid nutritional profiles. Overall, I think the VPX is a better choice.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
Another you may want to try is Up Your Mass by MHP. It's technically a weight gainer(so it's not individually wrapped), but has low GI carbs, 510 cals, 44g protein.

I think it's a little inferior to LMM and it really isn't any cheaper, but you might wanna try it if you're looking for something different(I haven't yet, but it looks tastey).

Only thing I don't like about VPX is the fewer carbs.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
VPX Micellean looks pretty good, I'll have to try that soon. MHP's Up Your Mass contains soy protein, and I know some people don't like that.
This is what I was using a while back: MRM's Meta-Meal http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=926 after comparning MRM's Meta-Meal to VPX's Miccelean I think Micellean has better/cleaner ingredients.

GuyinLA

Awards
I switched from Myoplex Deluxe to VPX Micellean for the reasons stated in my post above. I will admit that the VPX doesn't taste as quite as good (I always buy vanilla) but it isn't bad. I have started to throw in a little Crystal Lite to liven up the taste a little and add some variety. That helps.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
:goodpost:

All this talk of MRP's is making me remember how I used to blow money on MRP's and such when I could just simply alter my diet with whole foods and "supplement" maybe once a day or so with a pre or post workout shake. I say make your own in a blender if necessary and save yourself some coin, JMO. :)

Don't mean to be rude, but 7 times daily is about the biggest waste of money I have ever heard of with protein. That's absurd.

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
agreed.

7 packets a day would be a huge waste that would make you loose all your friends cuz you rip ass so much. its supplemental not primary.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Schmicc Anabolics 2
Supplements 2
RJW719 Supplements 1
ammoarsenal Anabolics 23
Supplement Logs 5