Supplements to help with pump?

luv2fight

Awards
Hey guys I know there's a laundry list of sups that will help increase pump but I'm looking for ones to help avoid it. I enjoy a good pump when I'm lifting but not when I'm grappling. I do Jiu Jitsu and ever since starting my TRT I have had the most insane forearm pumps. I mean painful to the point where I was competing and with 2 minutes left in a match the use of my fingers and hands were impossible. I couldnt tie my belt after the match. Mind you this was my first of the day. I have to pack ice on them in between and still this wasn't helping. If this was a one time deal I wouldn't be asking but it happens every time I train now. If anyone has any input that would be great. Thanks!!!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What supplements are you taking as of now? I know you said TRT but what else?

Taurine would be a nice supplement to help reduce the pumps.

luv2fight

Awards
Honestly not much. A multi, Vit C, D3, Lysine occasionally (cold sores) and some whey after hard training. I eat pretty clean and include tons of bananas, avocados and no sugar added chocolate milk which I feel replenish me pretty well. I took taurine years ago but dont remember if it helped or not.

luv2fight

Awards
Citrulline, Beta Alanine, L Carnatine? Any suggestions guys?

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Reduced carbohydrate and fluid intake until after your work out?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Compete should help big time with your endurance/recovery while grappling, but will not provide you with a big pump like Hemavol would.

I'd say give 1-2 scoops of Compete a try.

Right now you can buy Hemavol and get a free tub of Compete, so you can use the Hemavol for weight days, and Compete for grappling days.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys I know there's a laundry list of sups that will help increase pump but I'm looking for ones to help avoid it. I enjoy a good pump when I'm lifting but not when I'm grappling. I do Jiu Jitsu and ever since starting my TRT I have had the most insane forearm pumps. I mean painful to the point where I was competing and with 2 minutes left in a match the use of my fingers and hands were impossible. I couldnt tie my belt after the match. Mind you this was my first of the day. I have to pack ice on them in between and still this wasn't helping. If this was a one time deal I wouldn't be asking but it happens every time I train now. If anyone has any input that would be great. Thanks!!!
Def sounds like focus xt is what you want.

On sale at nutraplanet now.
I ordered pina colada last night. http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/focus-xt-240-grams.html?sel=2986

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def agree with the Hemavol + Compete, awesome endurance and muscular energy, being non-stim.

Mike

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Hemavol & compete are amazing together. I also throw in 2 scoops of craze for unreal workouts...