New user; good supplement for weight loss and lean muscle?

Submisfit

Awards
So hey, first post, and I made an account for this question. I'm a 22 year old transgirl, and before taking estrogen, I did a lot of lifting. I used EC stacks and DHEA back then to build some mass and cut fat, but I stopped all of that completely when I started transition. In the course of trying to lose muscle mass and the like I've put on way more fat than I can say I'm proud of; I dropped back down from 240 to 215 in about 3 months on just diet and exercise, but in the past 2 months I've only lost another 5. I want to use a supplement again to lose weight and build lean muscle tissue without getting big, but don't really know what to look for besides forskalin. Does anyone have a good suggestion here? I really don't want to accidentally end up taking something that's gonna make me wide as a house again, y'know? I'm really just looking to have a "fit" body right now, not go back to benching 350 and walking through doors sideways.

Submisfit

Awards
I guess I could say too that a friend of mine who tries to be as big as possible recommended Hot Rox Extreme, but the sheer amount of caffeine in two of those per day made my heart feel less than wonderful. So I guess high caffeine is something to avoid?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hi and welcome to the board. EC will help if you have experience with that, but definitely check out Alphamine from PES. What does your training look like? If you put that up and your diet, we could help you more:) I would obviously avoid anything that will interfere with your estrogen.

Submisfit

Awards
Hi and welcome to the board. EC will help if you have experience with that, but definitely check out Alphamine from PES. What does your training look like? If you put that up and your diet, we could help you more:) I would obviously avoid anything that will interfere with your estrogen.
Thanks for the reply!
Right now I'm doing 1 hour moderate cardio in the pool every day. I alternate an additional hour of cardio in the pool or ellipticals vs half hour weight training daily, focusing mostly on lunges and kickbacks, and really resistance training in general. On weight days I'll also spend 15 minutes on the arm bike at whatever a level 4 resistance corresponds to (don't know the model of the machine at my gym.)
Dietwise I live in a dorm and rely on the dining hall, so it's not the best. 2000 calories/day cap with an average usually coming in around 1800-1900. No processed sugar usually, lots of spinach salad, lots of rice based meals. Apples, clementines, and bananas through the day to keep hunger low between the meal hours (10-2, 5-8 are the only open hours at my small school's dining hall,) and a couple of handfuls of almonds to make sure I'm hitting my protein requirements. I'm trying to cut out dairy as much as possible now, but I haven't really succeeded at that. On cheat day I'll usually allow myself pizza, and an ice cream for desert. Tried a vegetarian thing for a while, but it makes me dizzy and generally messes with my BP; I generally need meat at least 5 meals/wk, with red meat at least 2 of those. Throw chicken or tuna in the salad and I'm good to go on that front.
I'm a biochem major so I understand how the sups work generally once I read about them, but I don't entirely know what to be checking. So far I'm a little concerned about forskolin increasing free T (though can't argue with the results,) and I know to avoid gugguls entirely. I've heard mixed things about what 7-ketos will do to free T. I take Omega-3 and vit. D as supplements now, and want to add something with CLA. Beyond that, I'm pretty clueless.
Until recently I was about 6'3 and 170 lbs, but a combination of starting E and androgen blockers, and taking lithium for what really wasn't bipolar disorder ballooned me to 240 in about 6 months. Didn't help that I quit working out cold turkey to cut muscle mass (22 inch shoulders dropped to 17 in that time.) I look and feel best, at least while living as a guy, around 170-180.
EDIT:
Since I was 16 I've run the gamut from 6'3 and 145 lbs (hardcore cutting as a swimmer/runner) to 260ish when I was building. It took me a bit to realize that the reason I didn't like my body wasn't that it was out of shape, but that because it was male. In the time working out and going between those weights, that 170-180 range is where I felt best, and that's where I get that estimate.

Submisfit

Awards
I looked at Alphamine, and I guess my one big concern with that one is that the caffeine value isn't listed (at least not on . If I know I feel like garbage on 2x 500mg, I definitely know to be aiming for something lower than that. Maybe it's because my anti-androgen is a diuretic(??) but caffeine definitely hits me harder than it did when I was younger.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I looked at Alphamine, and I guess my one big concern with that one is that the caffeine value isn't listed (at least not on . If I know I feel like garbage on 2x 500mg, I definitely know to be aiming for something lower than that. Maybe it's because my anti-androgen is a diuretic(??) but caffeine definitely hits me harder than it did when I was younger.
125mg per scoop. Some people only take half a scoop Alphamine. I would give it a try though.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep, 125mg as kbayne said. 2 x 500mg is way beyond bad!!! I would stop the forskolin because it will interfere with your goals and there are plenty of other ways to lose body fat.

I would also try some HIIT cardio instead of so much moderate pool work. You'll see much better results...faster too :)