Pre-workout/protein/bcaa help

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
So first off its been a year since I bought protein and gotta say prices have jumped a ton. I was getting 5 lbs for about $27 now it's like 35-40 for the same thing! Wth happened!

Ok so my question I am sorta on a budget and am looking into getting a Pre workout, protein, and bcaa's

I've tried tons of different kinds of all 3 but what would you recommend for each of these while on a budget. Preferably Pre made, I made my own Pre w/o from base materials but would like an easy mix this time.

I've looked into nutras bcaa and seemed like the best bulk deal.

And as far as protein I was in shock at prices, dare I say it actually made *** not look so bad

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can get cheap crappy protein from costco or sam's. I'd rather get something I don't have to choke on while I drink it. As for pre's, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you want lots of energy/stims, then go with something like Maximize or Craze. If you want more focus and nootropics then try Focus XT. Or you can just make your own with single ingredients like caffeine, agamatine, citrullene malate, creatine, or whatever combo you like. For BCAA's that give you a lot for the value and taste good then I'd go with Red Raspberry RecoverPro by AI.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
If you like heavy Stims you can go with Muscle Marinade, we have 2 delicious flavors of Fresh Fruit and Cherry Limeade or our new preworkout we just released called ConDense. This product is 1,3 and creatine free with patent pending Nitratene for insane pumps and vascularity! So far it has been a hit and we have flavors of Crisp Apple and MelonBerry Cooler. As for BCAAS I love RecoverPro and Purple Wraath... Both very delicious. Whey you don't have to over complicate. If you have the money and wanna treat yourself I'm a fan of iForce Protean Vanilla Mint Swirl or Red Velvet Cake or I'm using MyoFusion Probiotic.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Thanks!!! I will look into your suggestions and see if it fits my budget haha!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
kswiss

kswiss

Awards
i wouldnt advise to get a cheap protein from the store, its gona do more harm then good, my personal favorite would be gold standard whey, i usually get it between 80-100 for a 10 pound bag, if you do want to go cheaper american pure whey is like 60 bucks for a 10 pound bag decent protein. As for a pwo what works for one person may not work for you i like 1mr but u may what something that isnt caffein based. Hands down my favorite bcaa is Extend. I put a scoop in a gallon of water and drink it throughout the day, Having the flavor def helps get down all my water for the day. Dont just buy from the first site you see something on shop around and look for sales and discounts their everywhere. Hope this helps

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
i wouldnt advise to get a cheap protein from the store, its gona do more harm then good, my personal favorite would be gold standard whey, i usually get it between 80-100 for a 10 pound bag, if you do want to go cheaper american pure whey is like 60 bucks for a 10 pound bag decent protein. As for a pwo what works for one person may not work for you i like 1mr but u may what something that isnt caffein based. Hands down my favorite bcaa is Extend. I put a scoop in a gallon of water and drink it throughout the day, Having the flavor def helps get down all my water for the day. Dont just buy from the first site you see something on shop around and look for sales and discounts their everywhere. Hope this helps
Thanks for the advice. Do you really notice a diff in gold standard other then taste/mix-ability? Cause I don't mind chugging like a champ to get it down, I've used lots of scivation protein that I got on sale last time a bought protein. Was not delicious but do able.
Extend do you mean scivation xtend?
I almost bought 1mr, but ive always been a white flood kinda guy but looking for something diff so maybe...

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
If you like heavy Stims you can go with Muscle Marinade, we have 2 delicious flavors of Fresh Fruit and Cherry Limeade or our new preworkout we just released called ConDense. This product is 1,3 and creatine free with patent pending Nitratene for insane pumps and vascularity! So far it has been a hit and we have flavors of Crisp Apple and MelonBerry Cooler. As for BCAAS I love RecoverPro and Purple Wraath... Both very delicious. Whey you don't have to over complicate. If you have the money and wanna treat yourself I'm a fan of iForce Protean Vanilla Mint Swirl or Red Velvet Cake or I'm using MyoFusion Probiotic.
I also like the fact that the condense is creatine free! Never understood why add that to Pre w/o's

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
I also like the fact that the condense is creatine free! Never understood why add that to Pre w/o's
Muscle hydration but I don't really notice it

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Muscle hydration but I don't really notice it
Same, well i don't mind creatine, but for cycling off and what not, kinda screws it up if it's in Pre w/o unless you want to cycle those at the same time. Prefer to take it separate but personal preference I guess!

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
Thanks for the advice. Do you really notice a diff in gold standard other then taste/mix-ability? Cause I don't mind chugging like a champ to get it down, I've used lots of scivation protein that I got on sale last time a bought protein. Was not delicious but do able.
Extend do you mean scivation xtend?
I almost bought 1mr, but ive always been a white flood kinda guy but looking for something diff so maybe...
i get the double chocolate gold standard, mixed with milk it tastes just like chocolate milk, sometimes i like to heat some water to luke warm and mix and is like having some hot chocolate i dont have a problem mixing at all i mix two scoops in a half blender bottle and comes out smooth everytime. Yes i ment scivation xtend my bad on the misspell if u decide to get that i would advise to get a few smaller tubs instead of one big one cause the same flavor gets old lol. I have never tried white flood but have heard good things. I switch my pwos often because i become immune to them i like to use my pwo for a few days then use a caffeine based fat burner for a few so i dont get use to them.

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
i miss read what you said but other then taste/mix-ability, i dont mind the price, it has 1g of fat, 1g of sugar, and only 3g carbs, also added bcaas.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
i miss read what you said but other then taste/mix-ability, i dont mind the price, it has 1g of fat, 1g of sugar, and only 3g carbs, also added bcaas.
True if you can afford it why not!? I've been tempted by xtend for along time I may have to try your flavor strategy haha!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Same, well i don't mind creatine, but for cycling off and what not, kinda screws it up if it's in Pre w/o unless you want to cycle those at the same time. Prefer to take it separate but personal preference I guess!
Couldn't agree more! Plus you get 40 servings for around/under 30 ;-)

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
It is a good way to help get in your water cause it has a sweet taste i actually started doing that after watching a video on bodybuilding.com it was like a 12 week video trainer and he advised it for getting your daily water requirements. but since starting i def can tell a difference in my recovery, i use to be sore for two or more days after a workout now every body part except legs twice a week without feeling overtrained

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
It is a good way to help get in your water cause it has a sweet taste i actually started doing that after watching a video on bodybuilding.com it was like a 12 week video trainer and he advised it for getting your daily water requirements. but since starting i def can tell a difference in my recovery, i use to be sore for two or more days after a workout now every body part except legs twice a week without feeling overtrained
They are definitely underrated, just not somethin that people run to when they need a sup, but I really should get on them, feeling sore all the time lol!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
All the more reason I would love it lol!
I'd def take a look at it ;-) there's a few reviews in our company page... Logs will be up soon they are just waiting on the product. Within the first week over 10,000 units were pushed ;-)

jiggamanbill

jiggamanbill

Awards
So first off its been a year since I bought protein and gotta say prices have jumped a ton. I was getting 5 lbs for about $27 now it's like 35-40 for the same thing! Wth happened!

Ok so my question I am sorta on a budget and am looking into getting a Pre workout, protein, and bcaa's

I've tried tons of different kinds of all 3 but what would you recommend for each of these while on a budget. Preferably Pre made, I made my own Pre w/o from base materials but would like an easy mix this time.

I've looked into nutras bcaa and seemed like the best bulk deal.

And as far as protein I was in shock at prices, dare I say it actually made *** not look so bad
Check out Recover Pro from AI Sports Nutrition... if you want to try some samples, shoot me a PM with name / address... Its a 4:1:1 BCAA

kswiss

kswiss

Awards
def give the samples a try, i got some a month or so back and they are pretty good as well