TheUsual's CEE (Creatine Ethyl-Ester aka Super creatine) Log

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Background
I will be running CEE from www.customnutritionwarehouse.com for 30 days at 3g's a day.

I am NOT a creatine responder. I have tried a few different creatine monohydrate products with absolutely no effects, mental or physical. Recently a few new versions of creatine have come out that are supposed to help us that do not respond to creatine and CEE is one of those.

I am currently taking no supplements except protein, so any new effects, positive or negative, can be safely attributed to the CEE.

Days 1-3: I took the 1/2 tsp every afternoon but did not workout due to taking a few rest days. My only comments are that this stuff tastes pretty bad. NOT as bad as some of the other stuff out there (nolva and phenibut come to mind), but bad nonetheless. Definitely tolerable though, just shoot it and wash it down with water.

I also seemed to of gained 2 lbs since I started using the CEE. Might be just due to normal fluxuation in weight or it might be because of water retention from the CEE, who knows.

Day 4: Ok my first WO since starting the CEE. I must say it went quite well. I seemed to have a bit more energy and endurance than normal. Endurance is a big problem for me as I am coming back from a month away from lifting and I find myself often dreading the last exercise or 2 of every workout. I also had slightly better pumps than normal. Strength seemed to be about the same, but like I said, I was able to force out a few more reps per exercise.

It is still early but so far I am liking this stuff. I am curious if this will help with DOMS... guess I will see tomorrow. I will also see how this stuff affects aerobic activity tomorrow.

darius

You should take 3g's twice a day, (thats what it says on the back of VPX Cex), another CEE product.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have 100 grams in the mail. Like you I am skeptical since I'm a mono non responder, but we shall see :)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
You should take 3g's twice a day, (thats what it says on the back of VPX Cex), another CEE product.
Everyday or 3g's on non workout days and 6 grams on workout days. Great log usual...good luck.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
CEX does ceommend 3g's twice a day but you have to remember that Cex contains both CEE and C-AKG. So when you take in 6g's of Cex a day, you are actually only taking in about 3g's of CEE.

Thanks for watching my back though, I usually screw up details like that :)

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
what are custom's recommendations?
cc

Last edited:

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you want to take 2g/2X day, 4g total per day.
What is the reasoning behind that dosing? (not saying it's wrong, just curious why you recommend that amount, and at twice per day instead of once)

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what are custom's recommendations?
cc
Custom recommends 1/2tsp (~3g's) once a day.

An important thing to remember is alot of the stuff that applies to monohydrate does not apply to CEE. Such as taking it right before, during, and after WO (that is only neccessary with monohydrate because that is when absorption is best, but CEE has no absorption issues), and also taking it with carbs or ALA to increase absorption (again, not neccessary).

From what I understand, you should only need to take this stuff once a day to keep your creatine levels high in your muscles, but we will see what others say.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The problem is, you are starting a program in which your strenght is guaranteed to rise so its going to be difficult to see what its actually doing.

IHateGymMorons

Banned
Awards
The problem is, you are starting a program in which your strenght is guaranteed to rise so its going to be difficult to see what its actually doing.
Very true, after a long break like that, you'll gain strength very fast. Neurologically you'll become stronger.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Custom recommends 1/2tsp (~3g's) once a day.

An important thing to remember is alot of the stuff that applies to monohydrate does not apply to CEE. Such as taking it right before, during, and after WO (that is only neccessary with monohydrate because that is when absorption is best, but CEE has no absorption issues), and also taking it with carbs or ALA to increase absorption (again, not neccessary).

From what I understand, you should only need to take this stuff once a day to keep your creatine levels high in your muscles, but we will see what others say.
On the label of Nutrabolic's CEE product, and I think Thermalife's as well, they recommend taking it 15 minutes before, and 15 minutes after a workout.

I heard of others recommending 30 minutes before and after.

I dunno.... mine's in the mail anyways from Custom... :)

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have heard alot of conflicting info. on different dosing times.

For example, CEX is supposed to be taken at least 2 hrs before WO. This is completely in contrast to the other CEE products mentioned. I think for now until better info comes along I am going to split up my dose into

Last edited:

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep this is true. I am mostly taking it for its endurance/energy effects as well as better recovery (I will need it on those leg and back days you have me doing, you bastard). But it should be noted that any strength gains I report are likely unrelated to the CEE.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then again you might explode in strenght ;)

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is the reasoning behind that dosing? (not saying it's wrong, just curious why you recommend that amount, and at twice per day instead of once)
CrE2 dosing directions. sounds good to me.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Everyday or 3g's on non workout days and 6 grams on workout days. Great log usual...good luck.
This is how I've been taking it. 3g once a day on non-training days. And 3g twice a day on training days, once sometime before training, and once sometime after training. Always with taurine, carbs, and protein. Can't hurt, right? :)

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 5: Again, I seemed to have better endurance and a little more energy. Pumps seemed a little better as well. Strength was the same. DOMS from my WO yesterday didn't seem to be any better than normal, so no change in recovery time (yet).

Didn't get around to aerobics today so I have yet to find out how it will effect that. Hopefully will find out tomorrow.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
This is how I've been taking it. 3g once a day on non-training days. And 3g twice a day on training days, once sometime before training, and once sometime after training. Always with taurine, carbs, and protein. Can't hurt, right? :)
You haven't tried to inject it yet? <g>

I was just wondering since it is some sort of ester if we could pin it...

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

No, but I did snort it. Also made an enema out of it. So far I prefer oral.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established

I do beleive you might be on to something. :twisted: Spot inject 3g in each bicep maybe... :drunk: :D

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 8: Good workout today, my first day of the Bobo program. It was pretty intense with a lot of volume.

So far my effects of CEE are:

1. Gives a moderate increase in energy/endurance.
  2. No significant effect on strength.
  3. Slightly better pumps, but nothing significant.
  4. NO positive effect on DOMS/recovery. My body has been sore as hell all week.
  5. It has caused me to gain a few pounds of water. Definitely more bloated in the chest/abdomen.
  6. All in all, the effects aren't super, but at least it is having SOME effect, which is more than I can say for Monohydrate. So yes, creatine non-responders would do well to use this instead.
I haven't yet had a chance to see how it effects aerobic activity.

I have also had some diarrhea the past 2 days, and that is right about when I decided to up my dose of CEE to twice a day. It might be unrelated, I'll see if it continues.

I will also be running SWOLE after I finish off the CEE to contrast the 2 products.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok the diarrhea passed after a day or 2 and was probably unrelated to the CEE, although I did drop the dose down a bit and that might be responsible for it going away.

I am still having good WO's, so far all the effects are pretty mild but positive except I have had a bit of bloating. This stuff seems to make me not tire as easy, that is definitely the most pronounced effect. Good for aerobic activity.

Angular Air

Awards
The Usual, is that you in your avatar?

I just started taking CEE today as well - sure tastes bad and fvcks my teeth all up, like eating lemons or something - I wonder why the taste is so different?

LowKeyLifter

Awards
Just bumping this thread for an update. Do you still use CEE and how we're the final results, I'm also a creatine mono non-responder. Also, did you find anything better to mask the taste?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No that's not me in the avatar (thank god).

As for the CEE, it did me well and yes I still use it until I find something better. I am considering trying kre-alkalyn. Dont get me wrong, the CEE worked to an extent, I just still feel like I am missing "something".