Can't lift for weeks and want to preserve muscle

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Due to injuries and upcoming surgery, I can't lift for at least 6 weeks. I will be doing some moderate intensity cardio during this time. I would appreciate anyone's advice on supplements that would minimalize muscle loss during this off time. I am considering making a 6-oxo/7-oxo transdermal. BCAAs, L-glutamine and milk isolate protein will be used, as will clen for part of the time. Thanks

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have it covered. I just try to keep calories/carbs high and put up with a little fat gain just to keep from loosing muscle. Crude, but it works for me.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you have it covered. I just try to keep calories/carbs high and put up with a little fat gain just to keep from loosing muscle. Crude, but it works for me.

Bump, Good advice on adding fat..it works

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Due to injuries and upcoming surgery, I can't lift for at least 6 weeks. I will be doing some moderate intensity cardio during this time. I would appreciate anyone's advice on supplements that would minimalize muscle loss during this off time. I am considering making a 6-oxo/7-oxo transdermal. BCAAs, L-glutamine and milk isolate protein will be used, as will clen for part of the time. Thanks
If you have a good amount of money to spend you could try HMB at a high dosage.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
I guess I will consume just above maintenance calories and keep the cardio moderate and short. I'm not sure how much I believe in HMB. I prefere BCAAs. Maybe I just didn't take large enough doses of HMB. Thanks for the advice guys!