Ron Paul wont ban supplements, is great for the economy, AM peeps can make him win!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Apparently Michele Bachman's entire staff has resigned, and Newt Gingrich's entire senior staff has resigned, all by choice. Talk about bad press! This our opening Ron Paul fans! Now if your not a ron Paul fan yet, Ill tell you why you need to be:

Paul says some things that are revolutionary, like when he was asked about how he would bring the troops home, and he said that he would just simply bring them home. Obama recently did this and is being praised for it. He also whants to legalize weed, and break up drug cartels. And before anyone says drug cartels are no big deal, I advise you to acknowledge the existance of the show Board Walk Empire. You dont even have to whach it, but just acknoledge the fact that there is an entire hit show dedicated to the criminals created by the Alcohol prohibition.

1. Getting pot smokers out of jail will be like a small bailout.
2. Taxing weed will be a BIG bailout.
3. States will still be able to run their drug laws. I doubt that anyone will really legalize heroin, accept maby Deliverance town.
4. As a fitness nut who just likes to smoke and still be a good citizen, I will never have to deal with an unsavory character again.
5. Lets face it, we live in a country where teenagers and baby boomers smoke. Many of them smoke way more than they drink. This really inforces 2 and 4!

Oh, and he wont let the FDA BAN SUPPLEMENTS!

Now remember 4 years isnt time for a president to do much of anything, but at least hell get the ball rolling on some things that NO ONE ELSE IN OUR LIFETIME WILL GET THE BALL ROLLING ON!

Im calling my local headshops and telliing them to carry ron Paul memorabelia.

Im sending out text messages telling people do the same, and to register as Republican 3 months before the primary so we can get him into the top two running. I make sure to mention that hes a libertarian first though to make sure people dont just say "I hate republicans!" and toon outthe rest of the message first, and I appeal to the yout starting with the fact that he whants to legalize weed. I end by telling people to forward it and the "We need to get this across the country!"

Im doing the same on Facebook and Youtube.

Now I suggest that anyone who is a fan of Ron Paul, and a highly into follow what I do. Why? Because WE ARE BADASSES! We have natural testosterone that inspires us to work harder on something that were not getting paid for than many eople will work at their jobs! We get stuff done! The media wont give him the attention he deserves but we can! Sure some people here inject testosterone, but that doesnt channge the fact that we are balsey and do what we say will accomplish! Rise up AM! Tell the other fitness websites about the plan! Lets put our collective will powers together and work tirelessly to get the information to the people that the media wont!!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Feel free to copy and past this to other forums. No Plagerism complaints from me.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude ron paul is awesome. this is america; the fda shouldnt have anything against my right to be huge

owenz

owenz

Awards
im voting for him. its a tragedy the major news organizations give him NO air play. its like they WANT him to be hidden from the world

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like some of what he is saying and I hate some of what he is saying. I do respect that he stands by what he says and does not just say what the public wants to hear. That said, we can't get people to agree what kind of creatine is best to take on these forums let alone who would be best to run the country lol.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am with Alek.

I like a lot of what he says and what he stands for. I disagree with some also.
(just my opinion, don't hate.) ;)

-coming from a 100% Conservative Republican.

drrockzo

drrockzo

Awards
I am voting for him. What I put into my own body is my business. I dont need big government telling me what I can do to myself.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Even with his flaws, I doubt that hell do much damage in four years. But he will get the ball rolling on some really good stuff!

To the people who said they would vote for him, remember you have to convert to republican 3 months befor the primary to even get him into the top two running, and he could use all the help he gets since the media gives him no attention. You votes not enough. Spread the word!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Good news everybody! Pretty much all media, both conservative and liberal, has recently admitted that the 999 Plan will be terrible for the middle class. One more ounce of hope!

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Sorry - but we don't elect a dictator - we elect a President.

"President Paul" won't be able to do a damn thing to legalize supplements because the Congress will either be controlled by the ban happy Dimmocrits (as it is now) or the ban happy Rethuglicans (as it may be in 2013).

They will look at Ron Paul's plans to legalize drugs and laugh - nothing will happen.

BUT - Ron Paul's DANGEROUS views on foreign policy - yeah - he would have the power to implement those - no thank you.

These are dark times brother - government is spending too much money ... trying to do too many things - and both political parties are schizophrenic.

Much better bet is to buy a K-Bar knife, some heavy duty ammo and a high powered rifle and get ready to hunt wild pigs when the economy goes under for the last time.

That's what I'm doing.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
I'm under the assumption that Ron Paul would veto any anti supplementation legislation? Also that the pharmaceutical industry/lobbyists have direct interest in requiring FDA approval of supplements

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even with his flaws, I doubt that hell do much damage in four years. But he will get the ball rolling on some really good stuff!

To the people who said they would vote for him, remember you have to convert to republican 3 months befor the primary to even get him into the top two running, and he could use all the help he gets since the media gives him no attention. You votes not enough. Spread the word!
What stuff? I'm just curious and explain in detail. Not just about his "plans", but more importantly how he'll go about executing those plans?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
What stuff? I'm just curious and explain in detail. Not just about his "plans", but more importantly how he'll go about executing those plans?
Well the stuff i already mentioned would be a huge deal. Getting government out of health care so that people could pay for medicine instead of some large government bill is another win. Getting it out of schools so it would be cheaper and not focusing millions of tax dollars on things like steroids on base ball make him a hit with me. How much of it could he accomplish? I dont know. But at the end of the day we need a president who will at least talk on these things, inspiring people to see the way things should be, instead of telling us we need another bailout.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well the stuff i already mentioned would be a huge deal. Getting government out of health care so that people could pay for medicine instead of some large government bill is another win. Getting it out of schools so it would be cheaper and not focusing millions of tax dollars on things like steroids on base ball make him a hit with me. How much of it could he accomplish? I dont know. But at the end of the day we need a president who will at least talk on these things, inspiring people to see the way things should be, instead of telling us we need another bailout.
Okay great. But if you can please explain HOW HE'S GOING TO GO ABOUT EXECUTING ALL OF THOSE PLANS?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Like I already said, its not completely about execution. Whoever we elect wont be able to execute everything they are gonna promise, but at least making some effort to say, "Hay, lets not just try to throw more government money at this" will certainly put the ball rolling in a better direction than it will be rolling with any one else who will ultimately look at everything and say, "Lets throw some government money at this"

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
anyones gotta be better than the clown we have in office now right? i'm sure we could all agree on that

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome rationale.
well it can't get much worse than what we have now...someone with no experience ruining our country with liberal handouts is not the answer

it's just bad when obama makes george bush look like a decent option for president

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
well it can't get much worse than what we have now...someone with no experience ruining our country with liberal handouts is not the answer
The throw more money at it approach just isnt working, and its only robbing people of their tax dollars. In summation, Ron Pauls biggest acheivement would actually be the part where he whants to leave a lot of **** alone.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I'm under the assumption that Ron Paul would veto any anti supplementation legislation? Also that the pharmaceutical industry/lobbyists have direct interest in requiring FDA approval of supplements

an increase in my rep power has inspired me to write up some basic paul info:
on his site, ronpaul2012.com, he says he opposes all fda regulation of supplements and argues for their effectiveness. ive never been involved in politics because i always find out the polititian is a fraud. ive heard this guy on tv talking about the specific crimes and the specific people behind them, such as with the bailouts, which no one on the take says. i saw him in person at UNH; the place was packed and i had to illegally park in the deans driveway. he said he and some other proposed a vote the day republicans and teapartiers were bragging they cut 10 million from public radio. the vote ron paul proposed was for 160 billiion in useless oversees intervention costs, and nearly all 80 of these supposedly conservative tea partiers voted against it.

i dont support these oversees operations because ive studied them, so i like pauls plan to cut them; we have 90 bases worldwide and we are now intervening in foreign civil ; i wouldnt like it if some foreign country decided help the gov and intervene if my people here were fed up with how things were going. anyway, paul wants to have defense, but going oversees everywhere isnt really defence, and alot of countries really dont like americans for all the occupation we have there; i say the afganistan footage where a USA tank shows up on some guys lawn and he starts shooting at it. we dont know if he was an enemy; they just wanted to talk, but if you saw a tank show up would you feel threatened? also, we have set up governments for countries that turned out to be way worse and agressive against the USA that would have naturally been the case. Look, there are hundreds of people sleeping in the sewers in nevada, ok? the foreign aid (handouts) never get to the poor people; the warlords get them, or the corporations ( USA sends money for roads that in a foreign land that just happen to lead to a certain corporate franchise and USA gov guys who made it happen get kickback).the site infowars.com really loves him and they have alot of news unbiased by the lame-stream media.

the supplement threat is a real one. the company life etentension has had a ton of problems; so much they started a site called the fda holocaust which states the offenses. basically, bogus charges are made, but most companies back down because they are told they face a legal team that has unlimited funds (taxpayer support). they quit instead of fighting. life extension fought and got every one of over 50 charges put against cleared at the legal cost of like 50 million bucks. the charges were like "vit E added to borage oil is not an fda recommended heart product" ect. stupid charges, but the gov litterally went in there with machine guns and confiscated supplements. if youve studies bank robberies, you know that alot of people are ****ed up for life after you stick a gun in their face; thats the idea. a law cleared the senate that forbids companies to cite any peer reviewed study anywhere in connection with their product; its one of those laws that people wont know how they got screwed, you just wont find helpful information in a conveinient spot. ive seen laws that attempted to pass that would make all supplements illegal; there are billions of dollars at stake if people seek the alternative and win; this is wraith of god money, so using profits to corrupt our laws is no big deal. paul is the only guy we all know isnt corrupt, and everyone else running we all know have their ties in the corrupt establishment. why try a little cut here or a job bill there when the people on top are litterally looking everything? corruption is the problem here, and the worst part is this country knew it at one point; in the 40's, corporations were illegal unless deemed for the good of the people (such as roadwork ect). in the 80's, 10 laws were violated that enabled banks to get so hugh they could become "considered essential" to the economy. year later those laws were changed to allow them to do what they were illegally doing; this enabled the crash, and alot of people got rich

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
well the executive branch has power to actualize immediate change; paul says he will cut five major beureos off the bat. tsa is one of them. another part of this is that, like paul said, polititions start getting interested in the ideas when they see the money supporting them. when he raised a 5 million dollar money bomb, he said they flocked around him for the first time and asked him about his ideas; i believe that when a message is sincere, a sluggish senate ect actually look bad; i see our president try to blame the other guys for a law not passing, but it wasnt exciting to the people (excepting some dudes who helped the gov formulate it). a sincere voice is alot more powerful speaking this arguement

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
nice. i have a solution. if sarah palin is in office, i wont need a test booster anymore.... :D

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice. i have a solution. if sarah palin is in office, i wont need a test booster anymore.... :D
If Sara Palin is elected to office, you probably won't need a test booster, but more likely you'll end up overdosing on Focus Factor.

Kdvwest

Awards
I think a lot of people are voting for him for the wrong reasons. A lot of his plans would be left to the state to decide, since most would slip away from the FED level and be brought up to the state. I think that a lot of his ideas would be difficult to implement, but it seems when you ever elect a "corrupt" "bad" "****ty"(whatever you want to call it) President. A lot of their cabinet people and other people of influence, usually are appointed along side them. There would have to be a big government cleanse and I think that cleanse would come by influence. If the nation wanted his ideas and thought that once in office, that he could implement them, a lot of people would have to sway to the way of the nation. Otherwise those people couldn't bet on being in office for long since "some" are there to represent the people, it seems today corporations have every branch/twig/leaf of the government tree in their pocket and they have some big pockets.

I will vote for him, not because of bringing drug laws to the local level, nor supplement regulation, but because he has a track record that leans towards his ideas/goals. Being on the same path for 20+ years of limited government or predicting certain economic problems really comforts my voting decision. Seems a lot of people are fed up with people switching positions/flip-flopping once their put into office, yet it's the same thing every election somewhat. You can kinda tell with certain candidates whether their full of **** or not. Most candidates don't even have a concrete position aside from what they think and that they consult to lawyers/attorneys/anonymous intel, how they're going to run our lives. Why can't we vote for those people giving them the intel, rather than a freaking puppet.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of people are voting for him for the wrong reasons. A lot of his plans would be left to the state to decide, since most would slip away from the FED level and be brought up to the state. I think that a lot of his ideas would be difficult to implement, but it seems when you ever elect a "corrupt" "bad" "****ty"(whatever you want to call it) President. A lot of their cabinet people and other people of influence, usually are appointed along side them. There would have to be a big government cleanse and I think that cleanse would come by influence. If the nation wanted his ideas and thought that once in office, that he could implement them, a lot of people would have to sway to the way of the nation. Otherwise those people couldn't bet on being in office for long since "some" are there to represent the people, it seems today corporations have every branch/twig/leaf of the government tree in their pocket and they have some big pockets.

I will vote for him, not because of bringing drug laws to the local level, nor supplement regulation, but because he has a track record that leans towards his ideas/goals. Being on the same path for 20+ years of limited government or predicting certain economic problems really comforts my voting decision. Seems a lot of people are fed up with people switching positions/flip-flopping once their put into office, yet it's the same thing every election somewhat. You can kinda tell with certain candidates whether their full of **** or not. Most candidates don't even have a concrete position aside from what they think and that they consult to lawyers/attorneys/anonymous intel, how they're going to run our lives. Why can't we vote for those people giving them the intel, rather than a freaking puppet.
Just remember what we have tp do to get him into the primary. Spread the word!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and two more things we can do are request that grocery stores carry Ron Paul pariphinalia, and also request it from any place thats hip. Its pretty easy actually to look up a grocery store online, select contact form, type a quick request, and you really dont even half to fill in your personal information. Just leave that part blank!

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I like what hes trying to do with supps and laws on weed. a lot of his other stuff/views/policy ~ not so much

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I like what hes trying to do with supps and laws on weed. a lot of his other stuff/views/policy ~ not so much
To each there own. I personally think that for the most part, his general stance of pulling government back from a lot of thing the government shouldnt be in, so that the paople wont just be paying more taxes, is really what the country needs right now. A lot of people who are barely getting by would really benefit from him IMO.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
you mean wecan ask them if they will sell the posters or we ask if we can plant posters on their property?

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Ron Paul's domestic policies are pretty decent for the most part.

To me his foreign policy makes him impossible to vote for.

I'm glad he runs every time because he gets people talking about issues the other candidates won't touch but he will not win a single primary.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Ron Paul's domestic policies are pretty decent for the most part.

To me his foreign policy makes him impossible to vote for.

I'm glad he runs every time because he gets people talking about issues the other candidates won't touch but he will not win a single primary.

I hear alot of main stream media say he wont win; i suppose that could be right about anyone. personally, i have a problem with mainstream believing they annoint the next leaders by showering airtime on themand impressing in minds who is viable and who is not. they are the ones who said obama was viable. university of missouri did a study on pauls airtime in the debates and he was given less than half of others.

im interested in hearing what you dont like about his foreign policy; i know alot of people have misunderstood what he means by cutting things there; somehow the word "national defence" is also being used to include various foreign civil war interventions and nation . we have 90 bases around the world, and it aint like these people are delighted to have us there; this is an occupying presence; drones kill alot of innocent people, and 10 join taliban for every innocent death; we would be ripped if another country did that to us because there was an uprising and our house happened to be nearby. also, i think people are naive in thinking we are actually helping poor countries; rather money is given to build roads leading to franchises; even haiti relieve ends up in the hands of warlords the second you bring it in; poor never get it. money comes from the poor here to the rich there. there is alot of theft oversees that we cant even question or ask about also; i spoke to special forces guy who walked away when he was offered 2grand a week to protect corporate guys where trees were being cut down; his orders were to take care of any locals who opposed what was happening to their land. and we are paying for it, while hundreds sleep under the streets of nevada; im talking people who set up little rooms and laptops there; sad crap when im paying over 40% in taxes and i cant even get decent roadwork.

i get letters from the paul commite because i send them cash every check; they have reported there they have recieved more in support from the people fighting right now than all of the other candidates combined; i take their testimony very seriously, as they are the ones who see how useful or good their efforts there are and not the media presentation we are being fed; dont you think its odd we can see gadhafi mutilated on camera, but we cant show our soldiers in bodybags on tv because it is considered to0 graphic; this is how the wars are allowed to continue, by the ignorance and the propaganda.

ive learned to be skeptical of all cause for war; russia release documents about how while we were being told communism would take over the world, they were told capitolism would; more importantly, this propanda and BOTH sides of the war were funded by the same international financeers, who make a buttload when countries go broke and need to borrow lots. the lamestream media is telling me to hate muslims and i should give a crap if they build a mosque near me, and they are the same people ive always known, but now they are mistreated everywhere because of a group of nuts; in my opinion, a war is when someone storms your beaches, not when a few dudes do something; black flag operations however, are when a few dudes do something and this is construed as intent by the whole country, like when hitler killed a polish man and said he had crossed the enemy lines (after dragging him over) and was thus justified to the people in his war.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I hear alot of main stream media say he wont win; i suppose that could be right about anyone. personally, i have a problem with mainstream believing they annoint the next leaders by showering airtime on themand impressing in minds who is viable and who is not. they are the ones who said obama was viable. university of missouri did a study on pauls airtime in the debates and he was given less than half of others.
I'm not main stream media. He won't win. How many delegates did he win in the 2008 primaries? His supporters (who are well organized and loyal) spam online polls and stack straw polls which accounts for his successes in those arenas. Look at the actual voting results the last two election cycles.

Furthermore, his popularity with many people associated with the political fringe in this country seriously undermines his credibility. The man can't help who waves his signs around, but when you see a significant amount of Ron Paul signs at the various "Occupy" protests, that's not good publicity.

im interested in hearing what you dont like about his foreign policy; i know alot of people have misunderstood what he means by cutting things there; somehow the word "national defence" is also being used to include various foreign civil war interventions and nation . we have 90 bases around the world, and it aint like these people are delighted to have us there; this is an occupying presence; drones kill alot of innocent people, and 10 join taliban for every innocent death; we would be ripped if another country did that to us because there was an uprising and our house happened to be nearby. also, i think people are naive in thinking we are actually helping poor countries; rather money is given to build roads leading to franchises; even haiti relieve ends up in the hands of warlords the second you bring it in; poor never get it. money comes from the poor here to the rich there. there is alot of theft oversees that we cant even question or ask about also; i spoke to special forces guy who walked away when he was offered 2grand a week to protect corporate guys where trees were being cut down; his orders were to take care of any locals who opposed what was happening to their land. and we are paying for it, while hundreds sleep under the streets of nevada; im talking people who set up little rooms and laptops there; sad crap when im paying over 40% in taxes and i cant even get decent roadwork.
If you don't understand how the forward deployment of our armed forces has functioned to not only keep us safe but also to help maintain global political and economic stability over the last 60 years, then I really wouldn't know where to begin. And frankly the story about a SF guy being offered 2 grand a week to protect private business interests is bull****, unless that offer came from a private company, in which case I don't get your point.

The rest of your post is vague and rambling and doesn't seem germane to the topic

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont think politicians should make more money than grade school teachers, or patrol police officers, firefighters, you get the idea.

instead of cut jobs, they should cut their pay down to the level of the people who really make a difference.

but that isn't ever going to happen. it doesn't matter who is in office, this country is slowly going down the toilet because of political greed.

yes, still the best country to live in, that is undisputable, but, for how long?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
he truly is the best candidate

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I'm not main stream media. He won't win. How many delegates did he win in the 2008 primaries? His supporters (who are well organized and loyal) spam online polls and stack straw polls which accounts for his successes in those arenas. Look at the actual voting results the last two election cycles.

Furthermore, his popularity with many people associated with the political fringe in this country seriously undermines his credibility. The man can't help who waves his signs around, but when you see a significant amount of Ron Paul signs at the various "Occupy" protests, that's not good publicity.

If you don't understand how the forward deployment of our armed forces has functioned to not only keep us safe but also to help maintain global political and economic stability over the last 60 years, then I really wouldn't know where to begin. And frankly the story about a SF guy being offered 2 grand a week to protect private business interests is bull****, unless that offer came from a private company, in which case I don't get your point.

The rest of your post is vague and rambling and doesn't seem germane to the topic

well i dont argue your first two points; i am aware of the past, but I would also like to propose that things are changing and people are becoming more aware. people who couldnt win one presedential election have come back and won another; paul has gained alot of support; he's raising millions and millions more than he ever has, so i think there is something to be said for people seeing a demand for alternative thinking, especially since all the other candidate promis more of the same.

yeah, you are right about fringe people; but are they even on the frindge at this point? obviously ive heard the tv tell me i shouldnt approve of protestors and they are frindge. people said that about the protestors against vietnam too. honestly, i dont blame them because the corruption is out of control. people are paying obscene income tax rates, and we dont have much to show for it.

about foreign policy, im not sure its a topic we the american people can figure out or debate; we are igorant about what really happens there. I dont doubt the soldiers story, and there are more outrageous ones out there. what i dont see is a reason to have expensive bases all over the world. if there was a draft i wouldnt be stirred to go; in fact, i wish we had a draft so it wouldnt be so easy for people to say "well i feel safer anyway with the boys over there, so i will put this out of mind."

i am deeply concerned about giving the gov more and more power in the name of protection. ben franklin said something to the extent that whenever a gov tells you it is protecting you, it is a ruse to take away your liberty. in the name of keeping us safe, we have 2hour delays with tsa at every flight, and now tsa is doing their thing on roads in tennessee. people are groping me the way nazies did for the same sorts of reasons, and as it turns out, (even though its not legal to directly state tsa failure rate the senatorial oversight has said their failure . rate is astounding. airport security was fine before private guards were dissallowed from carrying guns for our safety. THEN it became necessary for expensive gov to step in for our safety. then it became necessary for funky xray machines to scan us for our safety. gov jesse ventura just had his case against tsa thrown out because he wasnt allowed to have a jury of his peers there due to security reasons and our safety; they refered him to a circuit court with no jury; its a basic premise of our constitution to have a jury of our peers. Ive noticed alot of people who are worried about the enemy dont seem to give a crap about the constitions or the bill of rights

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
well i dont argue your first two points; i am aware of the past, but I would also like to propose that things are changing and people are becoming more aware. people who couldnt win one presedential election have come back and won another; paul has gained alot of support; he's raising millions and millions more than he ever has, so i think there is something to be said for people seeing a demand for alternative thinking, especially since all the other candidate promis more of the same.

yeah, you are right about fringe people; but are they even on the frindge at this point? obviously ive heard the tv tell me i shouldnt approve of protestors and they are frindge. people said that about the protestors against vietnam too. honestly, i dont blame them because the corruption is out of control. people are paying obscene income tax rates, and we dont have much to show for it.
I'd say that most of the OWS protestors who actually have a clue about why they're there and what they want are on the fringe. There's a fair amount of anarchists and communists (which is amusing, really, because the ideologies conflict), both of which are on the fringe. There's also a fair amount of antisemitic zealots there too, with signs protesting some imagined global Jewish conspiracy.

Most of the people there, however, really don't know why they're there or (more importantly) what they want. I hear a lot of whining about student loans, etc but what do they want anyone to do about it? In the interviews I've seen none of them seem to know. They just keep talking about fairness and needing help. What kind of help? Why is it my problem that someone took out $150k to get a degree in theater and now they can't find a job?

about foreign policy, im not sure its a topic we the american people can figure out or debate; we are igorant about what really happens there. I dont doubt the soldiers story, and there are more outrageous ones out there. what i dont see is a reason to have expensive bases all over the world. if there was a draft i wouldnt be stirred to go; in fact, i wish we had a draft so it wouldnt be so easy for people to say "well i feel safer anyway with the boys over there, so i will put this out of mind."
Our expensive bases around the world are the reason why we are the economic and political power that we are now, and the reason why South Korea, Japan, and pretty much all of Europe (among others) are friendly trading partners to us and not under communist rule. Not only does the presence of our troops deter aggression, but it also allows us to respond quickly to situations that endanger our security or that of our allies. This isn't the 18th century - global alliances are important in a way that the founding fathers could never have foreseen.

i am deeply concerned about giving the gov more and more power in the name of protection. ben franklin said something to the extent that whenever a gov tells you it is protecting you, it is a ruse to take away your liberty. in the name of keeping us safe, we have 2hour delays with tsa at every flight, and now tsa is doing their thing on roads in tennessee. people are groping me the way nazies did for the same sorts of reasons, and as it turns out, (even though its not legal to directly state tsa failure rate the senatorial oversight has said their failure . rate is astounding. airport security was fine before private guards were dissallowed from carrying guns for our safety. THEN it became necessary for expensive gov to step in for our safety. then it became necessary for funky xray machines to scan us for our safety. gov jesse ventura just had his case against tsa thrown out because he wasnt allowed to have a jury of his peers there due to security reasons and our safety; they refered him to a circuit court with no jury; its a basic premise of our constitution to have a jury of our peers. Ive noticed alot of people who are worried about the enemy dont seem to give a crap about the constitions or the bill of rights
I suggest you reread what you saw about the Ventura thing; your report of it isn't even close to accurate.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
I'd say that most of the OWS protestors who actually have a clue about why they're there and what they want are on the fringe. There's a fair amount of anarchists and communists (which is amusing, really, because the ideologies conflict), both of which are on the fringe. There's also a fair amount of antisemitic zealots there too, with signs protesting some imagined global Jewish conspiracy.

Most of the people there, however, really don't know why they're there or (more importantly) what they want. I hear a lot of whining about student loans, etc but what do they want anyone to do about it? In the interviews I've seen none of them seem to know. They just keep talking about fairness and needing help. What kind of help? Why is it my problem that someone took out $150k to get a degree in theater and now they can't find a job?

good conversation here. i spend half of my week in New York City. I would say there are plenty more people with anti-corrupt government focus than the media is giving credit for; i have also found, like youve said, some odd strains; for example, theres this almost brainwashed element there that just wants wealth redistributed from wall street, and ironically, they still love obama; i suppose i dont have to mention here that obama recieved more contributions from wall street than anyone. I personally believe the focuse here should be about making the corrupt laws right that enabled wall street to do what they have done and about punishing those who have enacted laws that led to our country being looted, and while those particalar protestors agree with me, they dont think the distinction is a critical as i do; i think they dont know how the media is converting their statements to cmmunism, and in the end i think they would be happy if the crooks were punished and the legitamitly rich were left alone.

there is something to what you say about college loans, but there are other aspects to that. alot of people dont know how crooked the college loan process can be; its the same as the housing fraud actually; why should any loaner invest in a student who wamts that 150$ degree in theatre? you see its designed to fail; they pay what they can and fail eventually, and the gov ends up bailing things lout, not at a negotiated price, but 100cents on the dollar after a disgustingly interest inflated figure has formed, like the bank bailouts.

Our expensive bases around the world are the reason why we are the economic and political power that we are now, and the reason why South Korea, Japan, and pretty much all of Europe (among others) are friendly trading partners to us and not under communist rule. Not only does the presence of our troops deter aggression, but it also allows us to respond quickly to situations that endanger our security or that of our allies. This isn't the 18th century - global alliances are important in a way that the founding fathers could never have foreseen.

yeah, there is that; on another note though, someone like napoleon or alexander the great would think thus in taking over the world. i personally wouldnt view dropping bombs on libya to determine a new leadership amidst its own civil war as a form of "global alliance"
I also think its a gamble in terms of safety; i mean, maybe the base helps for being there, maybe the occupations alienate; we certainly dont have a good image abroad, and we are talking about bullying here. i aint like we are recieving word of all the good these bases are doing us. i mean, where are the fruits of all that labor?

I suggest you reread what you saw about the Ventura thing; your report of it isn't even close to accurate.

the article i read on ventura that mentions the part mainstream media chose not to pick up on. i cant paste a link because im 13 rep point short apparently. i went to prisonplanet and typed ventura in the search and its one of the top wo articles about the tsa thing that has the reference i made

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
the article i read on ventura that mentions the part mainstream media chose not to pick up on. i cant paste a link because im 13 rep point short apparently. i went to prisonplanet and typed ventura in the search and its one of the top wo articles about the tsa thing that has the reference i made
From what I've read it looks like Ventura's case was dismissed by the judge before it reached a jury, which is common in civil trials. Juries are the triers of fact and judges are the triers of law. A motion to dismiss is a legal matter, not a factual one, and no jury would be required.

Appeals courts also deal with legal issues, not factual issues, so the Courts of Appeal do not have juries.

There is nothing unusual about Ventura's case, from a legal perspective, at all.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
IF the rest of the republicans let him. I mean people just watch fox news and don't read or watch anything else :/

Either way I'm voting for him

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read it looks like Ventura's case was dismissed by the judge before it reached a jury, which is common in civil trials. Juries are the triers of fact and judges are the triers of law. A motion to dismiss is a legal matter, not a factual one, and no jury would be required.

Appeals courts also deal with legal issues, not factual issues, so the Courts of Appeal do not have juries.

There is nothing unusual about Ventura's case, from a legal perspective, at all.

correct. haha i think his twist was that he was being treated unusually due to a metal hip replacement, and he wasnt challenging an existing law but a attempting to persecute a wrong that was affecting him, and i think there is something to the idea that if he had a jury of his peers to examine the particulars that the outcome would be very different.

GameSpeed

Awards
oh Ron Paul needs to be voted in now!! can we get an AM petition/oath that we'll vote for this man!?!?

TxHomeGrown

Awards
He has favorable stances on a lot of things, and he's bat**** crazy on others. An ironic Catch 22 would ultimately take effect if he was voted into office, you can be sure of that.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
correct. haha i think his twist was that he was being treated unusually due to a metal hip replacement, and he wasnt challenging an existing law but a attempting to persecute a wrong that was affecting him, and i think there is something to the idea that if he had a jury of his peers to examine the particulars that the outcome would be very different.
You're not following.

The case was dismissed for some legal failing that had nothing to do with the particulars of the problem. It didn't get to the point of "particulars."

So the fact that there was no jury is irrelevant.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
He has favorable stances on a lot of things, and he's bat**** crazy on others. An ironic Catch 22 would ultimately take effect if he was voted into office, you can be sure of that.
You know I kind of thought that at first but as I follow him more closely even the crazy stuff is beginning to make more sense.