Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCL by Primaforce

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took this stuff today for the first time. Took it pre-workout. It made me sleepy. My workout went to crap. The thing is I have taken regular nutraplanet Propionyl-L-Carnitine and it didn't make me sleepy at all. In fact I had a great workout while using it.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats weird, I've never tried GPLC without caffeine tho...

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
It is the patented material. I use a scoop pre workout with 2-3 scoops of novem.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't like caffeine pre-workout and don't use pre-work energy booster type products. I took it today pre-cardio and it wasn't bad but I don't think I'll purchase it again and just use it for cardio until I run out.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I'm not super fond of it and i make so go figure. It does really well internationally for some reason.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Glycine is a relaxing neurotransmitter for your brain. It is making you sleepy with the high doses.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, thats interesting. I wonder if others have experienced this. Maybe it would be good pre-bed then as a sleep aid haha!

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I took it with a pre-workout that made me jittery the first time I took it. So on the second day I added a serving of GPLC to it and the nervous jittery feeling was gone. So I did find a good use for it.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The fact that both nitrates and GPLC make you sleepy leads me to believe that you are very prone to hypotension.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Very weird. GPLC does not affect my level of alertness at all. Love it for pumps though.

I tried a sample of Powermax yesterday and thought it was pretty good, don't know how it could make you sleepy.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fact that both nitrates and GPLC make you sleepy leads me to believe that you are very prone to hypotension.
Yeah it seems to depend on the product and dosage though. I seem to be fine with Jack3d Micro. I don't get much if any energy from it but it helps a lot with endurance.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yea thats one thing that we talked about, as well powermax contains Citrulline + Agmatine as well, so if it is hypotension then those def. wont be helping