Is there a supplement that helps before a long run?

vinnys025

Awards
Can some ephedrine or caffine help with a long distance run? Or would it be better to just take nothing the morning of the run?

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
HM

Iv noticed that caf pills make me very very sick and puke if taken before running at all.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
CM works pretty well. Maybe stack with some siberian ginseng.

If you use caffeine try it in a transdermal instead of oral..works like a charm.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Caffeine trans is pretty effective, and none of the anxiety...actually, this would probably help a lot for a long run, provided you got dosing right, b/c studies show that small metered doses over time are better, and increase endurance in exercise lasting over 30 minutes. And BIG BUMP on the CM-->I was very surprised how effective.

Jedi Master

Banned
Awards
A handful of ultra 40 liver tabs 1 hour before your run, CM works well too.

size

Awards
  • Established
You are looking at a bad site for these type of supplements. Look into sites for endurance athletes like cyclists and triathletes.

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Check out Coolrunning.com, ( I post there and I get my races from there),it's a good site and you can get some good runs that way to :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You are looking at a bad site for these type of supplements. Look into sites for endurance athletes like cyclists and triathletes.

Are you inferring that we have no endurance here at AM? :hammer:

I'll have you know I can run very far and fast when there is a lot of house work to be done.
lol

quasar

Awards
cytomax makes a product called pre-formance that's specifically for endurance athletes and contains a lactic acid buffering compound called alpha-l-polylactate along with co-q10, phosphates, AAs, etc