Best form of creatine:HCL or nitrate?

P

Palash

Awards
I have tried many different types of creatine, the most powerful - the hydrochloride.
Now it and drink.
But I have not tried nitrate.
In this forum, it is praised as the number one.
Please - only those who have tried both: Describe what was effective.

W

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have tried many different types of creatine, the most powerful - the hydrochloride.
Now it and drink.
But I have not tried nitrate.
In this forum, it is praised as the number one.
Please - only those who have tried both: Describe what was effective.
I've tried con-cret a couple of times and I've also had a bottle of creatine nitrate. IMO they both have great strength gaining properties with CN working a little faster than con-cret. However, CN was far more superior in pumps,vascularity,and fullness.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
nothing beats creatine nitrate pre workout
but id use creatine mono or magnesium chelate all other times

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HCl doesnt have any significant benefits over mono

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I dont like any nitrate products, they arent the best for your body

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine Nitrate, no contest!

P

Palash

Awards
Thanks all.
Now I need to define the product.
Pure Creatine Nitrate not.
Is on the market:
1. APS Creatine Nitrate (Proprietary Blend 3000mg:
Creatine nitrate, Dicreatine malate, vitamin C
but exactly how much nitrate is not specified)

2.ThermoLife: C-Bol
Creatrate ™ - U.S. Patent Pending Creatine Nitrate, Creatine Anhydrous, Creatine HCL 3,000 mg
the same thing - do not know the value of the nitrate form

3. S.A.N.: CM2 Nitrates
i-L-Arginine-L-Malate 2grams †
B-Alanine 1.6grams †
Creatine Nitrate 1gram

4. Cellucor: C4 Extreme
Creatine Nitrate 1000mg

5. Mesomorph (388 grams)
Manufacturered By: APS
but exactly how much nitrate is not specified

What options are there?
I know the forum would like to purchase wholesale party creatine nitrate.

T

tefunk

Awards
Muscle Feast: Anabolic Ignite
Creatine Nitrate 1762mg
BCAA Nitrates 587mg
L-Citrulline 1175mg
Citrulline Malate 2350mg
Beta Alanine 2350mg
B3 117mg
B6 70mg
B12 176 mcg
Vitamin C 587mg

W

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks all.
Is on the market:

Creatrate ™ - U.S. Patent Pending Creatine Nitrate, Creatine Anhydrous, Creatine HCL 3,000 mg

B-Alanine 1.6grams †
Creatine Nitrate 1gram

Creatine Nitrate 1000mg

5. Mesomorph (388 grams)

What options are there?
I'd go with either Mesomorph(which I believe is roughly 1 gram or so but somebody please confirm/correct me),cellucor( I personally haven't used but my buddy really likes the stuff), or just plain APS Bulk CN

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
cellucor's C4 uses nitrate.. but don't use it if you're sensitive to Yohimbe.. scary as hell

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks all.
Is on the market:

B-Alanine 1.6grams †
Creatine Nitrate 1gram

Creatine Nitrate 1000mg

5. Mesomorph (388 grams)

What options are there?
The Creatine Nitrate for the recommended 8 cap daily serving contains 3g of Creatine Nitrate.

Mesomorph at 1 scoop is 750mg of Creatine Nitrate.

S

spicyer

Awards
For U nutrition Pre Workout - 10 gram serving
Creatine Nitrate 2924mg
Bcaa's 3900mg
Beta Alanine 2466mg
Vitamin C 500mg
N & A Flavors+sucralose 210mg

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Nitrate preworkout on workout days, monohydrate off days
this

as for which product; they all use the same source (PII) so you'll get the same creatine nitrate out of the quality products.

APS is good for simply bulk CN

TL is good for other additional stuff

SAN isn't really good for the price

C4 is a good product for a good price

EDIT: Ergopump has ~3g of CN per serving as well. Good deal there

Mesomorph is a good addition, but shouldn't be treated as the sole source for CN

Muscle feast's product is fine, but id get more citrulline malate in bulk (they sell that too for a very good price)

other one, idk

P

Palash

Awards
EDIT: Ergopump has ~3g of CN per serving as well. Good deal there
Are you sure? Then I'll buy it if 3 grams of nitrate in a single dose, as this is the only product that we sell with CN.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure? Then I'll buy it if 3 grams of nitrate in a single dose, as this is the only product that we sell with CN.
Ive heard ~3g/serving from ergogenix reps.

S

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
at the end of the day I love MCC over them all,monohydrate a close second

S

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Muscle Feast: Anabolic Ignite
Creatine Nitrate 1762mg
BCAA Nitrates 587mg
L-Citrulline 1175mg
Citrulline Malate 2350mg
Beta Alanine 2350mg
B3 117mg
B6 70mg
B12 176 mcg
Vitamin C 587mg
Great pick. I use it and it's an awesome product, dosed correctly.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
Nitrates in too high of a dose can be very harmful. in these doses though, they are very safe.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine hcl is the superior form of creatine.
Most guys are raving about creatine nitrate because they are experiencing the benefits of nitrate use (very noticeable in the short term).

Solution, take creatine hcl with a nitrate source. Profit.

Or just stack the two.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please explain why you think this
There are two studies (one out of Manitoba, and one out of Univ NE Lincoln) that show superior solubility compared to creatine mono (were talking very significant results). There is a ceiling when it comes to creatine saturation. The best thing you can do to make a superior form of creatine is decrease the time it takes to reach that ceiling.

The only other benefits are a form that reduces gastric issues (which a better solubility will do), and perhaps reduce the extracellular/intracellular water ratio (which as far as I know only MCC has been shown to do).

There are currently no studies on creatine nitrate solubility, only a patent. It's possible it has greater solubility but at this point the evidence lies in favor of creatine hcl. I know Ron's team was working on funding a study. Not sure whatever came of it.

To answer your question though, creatine is creatine. Creatine itself doesnt change, only the molecule you choose to bond it with. Nitrates have awesome benefits and people should use it. And right now there are not a lot of supplemental options when it comes to nitrates and last I checked it's hard to come by beet root juice at your local grocer, and I dont want to eat 6lbs of spinach pre-workout and **** my pants half way through. :D

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are two studies (one out of Manitoba, and one out of Univ NE Lincoln) that show superior solubility compared to creatine mono (were talking very significant results). There is a ceiling when it comes to creatine saturation. The best thing you can do to make a superior form of creatine is decrease the time it takes to reach that ceiling.

The only other benefits are a form that reduces gastric issues (which a better solubility will do), and perhaps reduce the extracellular/intracellular water ratio (which as far as I know only MCC has been shown to do).

There are currently no studies on creatine nitrate solubility, only a patent. It's possible it has greater solubility but at this point the evidence lies in favor of creatine hcl. I know Ron's team was working on funding a study. Not sure whatever came of it.

To answer your question though, creatine is creatine. Creatine itself doesnt change, only the molecule you choose to bond it with. Nitrates have awesome benefits and people should use it. And right now there are not a lot of supplemental options when it comes to nitrates and last I checked it's hard to come by beet root juice at your local grocer, and I dont want to eat 6lbs of spinach pre-workout and **** my pants half way through. :D
Solubility is irrelevant in my opinion. Once at saturation it does not matter.

I honestly dont see much of a reason to go with HCl over regular mono

I agree with you with regards to creatine nitrate and solubility. I have yet to see a study showing it has greater solubility, I only hear claims. Altho given a choice between HCl and CN. I would go with CN simply for the nitrate benefits

This is why I stick with MCC when I go with a designer creatine

The new version of White Flood that was just announced today has nitrates from beet root by the way :p

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I agree with you with regards to creatine nitrate and solubility. I have yet to see a study showing it has greater solubility, I only hear claims. Altho given a choice between HCl and CN. I would go with CN simply for the nitrate benefits

The new version of White Flood that was just announced today has nitrates from beet root by the way :p
New White Flood, I wasn't aware.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Meh nevermind, cant post the new profile link yet since I dont have 50 posts ;)

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Solubility does matter though. I suppose it may not to those that are more conscious of their wallet than their appearance (referring to extra/intracellular water retention).

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Solubility does matter though. I suppose it may not to those that are more conscious of their wallet than their appearance (referring to extra/intracellular water retention).
You wont bloat with pretty much any creatine if you stay within 2.5g-5g daily

Appearance should be unchanged for the most part across creatine types once at saturation

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For those that want to see the new nitrate containing White Flood (among other upgrades) you can go here:

http: //anabolicminds .com/forum/controlled-labs/175222-controlled-labs-white.html

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You wont bloat with pretty much any creatine if you stay within 2.5g-5g daily

Appearance should be unchanged for the most part across creatine types
Research shows otherwise to a significant degree. The below study compared intracellular and extracellular water with MCC and no creatine. It was interesting because they found MCC increased ICF and decreased ECF. If you add up the total fluid weight you almost net the same. What this would produce is fuller muscles with less "flat" look.

ICF = intracellular fluid
ECF = extracellular fluid
TBW = total body weight

Metabolism. 2003 Sep;52(9):1136-40.

Magnesium-creatine supplementation effects on body water.
Brilla LR, Giroux MS, Taylor A, Knutzen KM.

Exercise and Sport Sciences Laboratory, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA 98225-9067, USA.

Abstract
This study evaluated magnesium-creatine (MgCre) supplementation on body water and quadriceps torque. Maltodextran (Placebo), Mg oxide plus Cre (MgO-Cre), and Mg-creatine chelate (MgC-Cre) at 800 mg Mg and 5 g Cre per day were used for 2 weeks in 35 subjects in a random assignment, blinded study. Pre-post measures were completed with bioimpedance to determine total body water (TBW), extracellular water (ECF), and intracellular water (ICF), and an isokinetic device at 180 degrees per second for knee extension peak torque (T), total work (W), and power (PWR). Body weights increased for both treatment groups, MgO-Cre Delta 0.75 kg (P <.05) and MgC-Cre Delta 0.4 kg (P =.07). Significant pre-post differences (P <.05) were noted only for MgC-Cre in ICW (26.29 v 28.01 L) and ECW (15.75 v 14.88 L). MgC-Cre had significant peak T (Nm) increase (124.5 v135.8, P <.05), while MgO-Cre (116.4 v 124.9, P =.06) and placebo (119.8 v 123.7, P =.343) did not. Both treatment groups had increased PWR (P <.05). MgC-Cre affects cellular fluid compartments. The peak torque changes were significant only in the MgC-Cre group, which had increases in ICW that may infer more muscular creatine due to its osmotic effect, and with increased cellular hydration, perhaps increased protein synthesis.

PMID: 14506619 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those that want to see the new nitrate containing White Flood (among other upgrades) you can go here:

http: //anabolicminds .com/forum/controlled-labs/175222-controlled-labs-white.html
Oh cool, thanks.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This study didnt compare the effect of the MCC vs regular Creatine Mono. We dont have a baseline for how it varies concerned to regular mono

Not only that. This study was only done over 2 weeks. Time to saturation has not been achieved for other forms of creatine.

Like I said. Give it time to saturation and the differences among creatines are insignificant as far as the creatine goes.

Now with MCC you get the benefit of being absorbed more in the intestine rather than being converted in the stomach...which does not particularly affect saturation. What it will benefit is that those that have GI issues from Mono may actually find that MCC works better for them as it alleviates the GI issues. Plus, as I said before, you get some electrolyte replacement with the magnesium

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
But again, this still gives me no reason to really want to buy HCl

This is why MCC (Green Bulge) is my goto for creatines. Nitrates I can gain from other means such as nitrate containing intras or a preworkout

I still feel CN is a valid form of creatine because you get the nitrate benefits along with the creatine benefits. I simply prefer MCC for its GI sparing properties along with electrolyte replacement

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This study didnt compare the effect of the MCC vs regular Creatine Mono. We dont have a baseline for how it varies concerned to regular mono

Not only that. This study was only done over 2 weeks. Time to saturation has not been achieved for other forms of creatine.

Like I said. Give it time to saturation and the differences among creatines are insignificant as far as the creatine goes.

Now with MCC you get the benefit of being absorbed more in the intestine rather than being converted in the stomach...which does not particularly affect saturation. What it will benefit is that those that have GI issues from Mono may actually find that MCC works better for them as it alleviates the GI issues. Plus, as I side before, you get some electrolyte replacement with the magnesium
This research was not trying to determine time to saturation. It was looking at water retention. Which is well documented when it comes to mono.

Someone just said CL sells creatine nitrate now? If so this is an important fact you should understand because the same issue is improved by using CN vs Mono.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This research was not trying to determine time to saturation. It was looking at water retention. Which is well documented when it comes to mono.

Someone just said CL sells creatine nitrate now? If so this is an important fact you should understand because the same issue is improved by using CN vs Mono.
CL does not sell creatine nitrate

You arent really grasping what Im saying about the study. You cannot really tell much from this study by saying that one form shows greater water retention 2 weeks in. You would need to allow time for all of the forms of creatine to come to saturation, then compare them. MCC may have had the best extra/intra ratio due to having the quickest time to saturation of the kinds used.

The study also doesnt show the level of water retention at the time for straight creatine mono. Which should have been included as a baseline of the study imo (if you wanted to compare to mono).

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you look at the study. The second form of creatine even has less water retention than the placebo in both intracellular and extracellular. Obviously there is something going on there :p

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And lastly (now Im just getting my post count up so I can post links/pics), the ICF was increased and ECF was decreased even in the placebo group (altho it wasnt significant)

This isnt really telling me anything more than I would have already assumed. MCC has an impact on the osmotic balance of a cell compared to placebo

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CL does not sell creatine nitrate

You arent really grasping what Im saying about the study. You cannot really tell much from this study by saying that one form shows greater water retention 2 weeks in. You would need to allow time for all of the forms of creatine to come to saturation, then compare them. MCC may have had the most retention due to having the quickest time to saturation of the kinds used.

The study also doesnt show the level of water retention at the time for straight creatine mono. Which should have been included as a baseline of the study imo.
My point is that the bold portion of your statement has been studied on multiple occasions, which is why it was not included in this study. Read the mono studies. In the short term (6-8 weeks) it's always noted that an increase in bodyweight was due to water retention (not actual LBM). Now go back to where I said:

If you add up the total fluid weight you almost net the same.

Improved forms of creatine that elicit greater solubility actually reduce body weight in the short term. And it is due to the effect we saw in this referenced MCC study.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you look at the study. The second form of creatine even has less water retention than the placebo in both intracellular and extracellular. Obviously there is something going on there :p
You want greater intracellular water retention. Less is not a sign of a superior form of creatine.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My point is that the bold portion of your statement has been studied on multiple occasions, which is why it was not included in this study. Read the mono studies. In the short term (6-8 weeks) it's always noted that an increase in bodyweight was due to water retention (not actual LBM). Now go back to where I said:

If you add up the total fluid weight you almost net the same.

Improved forms of creatine that elicit greater solubility actually reduce body weight in the short term. And it is due to the effect we saw in this referenced MCC study.

Again, why does this matter in the short term when most people are going to be in saturation for the large majority of time? Once at creatine saturation there wont be much of a difference between the forms of creatine unless you have GI issues

There is no reason to really cycle off creatine. Many go on it for years at a time...which makes the speed of absorption irrelevant as they pretty much never have to become saturated again.

I could see merits to greater solubility if I was constantly cycling on/off. But otherwise I wouldnt consider that part of my equation into what to buy

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And lastly (now Im just getting my post count up so I can post links/pics), the ICF was increased and ECF was decreased even in the placebo group (altho it wasnt significant)

This isnt really telling me anything more than I would have already assumed. MCC has an impact on the osmotic balance of a cell compared to placebo
Post #47 explains why this is actually a benefit, and different than mono.