Creatine Nitrate vs. Kre-Alkalyn - let's squash it here!

Which one when all factors are taken into consideration?

• Creatine Nitrate

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Kre-Alkalyn

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters
kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I've been using kre-alkalyn for the past few years with great success but all I've been reading about these days is creatine nitrate. When I switched from monohydrate to kre-alkalyn, I couldn't believe the difference. I'm a very skeptical person by nature and don't believe anything unless I see it with my own eyes, and the switch turned me into a believer of kre-alkalyn. I've used it religiously since and I don't plan on stopping unless nitrate is better. Also, there is a pretty big price difference between the two. Kre-alkalyn is about half the price of nitrate.

For those of you who have tried both, is nitrate that far superior to kre-alkalyn? I know some will want to chime in with "mono does the same thing and it's cheaper" to "dude, nitrate is the holy grail of all supps" but please, let's keep it real, honest, and unbiased. If you haven't tried one or the other, please don't bash 'em. I'm trying to get honest feedback and if--at the recommendation of the majority--nitrate is superior, I will give it a shot.

So, taking all things into consideration like price, effectiveness, etc. which one is better?

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've only tried mono, nitrate and CEE. CEE was worthless to me. When I started CN I stopped using mono and although CN gives me amazing pumps during my workout I felt like my overall muscle fullness decreased. So what I do now is take 3 grams of CN pre workout and 5 grams mono post workout. That's what I've found to work best for me.

XJDesertFox

Awards
I used to run kre-alkalyn religiously, but it felt no different than mono. Its LITERALLY just mono + baking soda. Except in each pill youre getting about 1 gram of mono.

I take MCC/Di creatine malate/Creatine nitrate now. MCC gives me great muscle fullness, APS CN(which includes di creatine malate) for the pumps.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive used both, i like kre-alkalyn and creatine nitrate. Nitrate is cool for pumps, and thats about it, i see no strenth differences between mono, kre-a, nitrate, mcc, and nitrate. di creatine malate gives me less strength. I get a lil bloat from mono, if i go over 5g a day or its not creapure. Id say stick with kre-a unless you want some pumps.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
nitrate beats all the other pump products out there if your into that. i dont get anything from creatine no matter what kind... except nitrate pumps

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Creatine Nitrate for the win!

TonyGT

TonyGT

Awards
  • Established
Creatine nitrate on workout day and monohydrate on days off. Kre-alkalyn does nothing for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
creatine nitrate....no contest.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Wow, I didn't think it would be such a lopsided response?! Any more input guys?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Where's the mono option so I can sit back and laugh at both sides?
i dont think mono compares to nitrate pumps, brah. actually theres no possible scientific way it could.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i think hes laughing at ppl spending money on creatine for pumps when the strength gains will be the same and mono is proven to work and validated as well as being cheap.

beni182

beni182

Awards
Kre-Alkalyn is complete garbage. Same thing as mono, but underdosed and soda ash mixed in. One of the worst products in the industry.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i think hes laughing at ppl spending money on creatine for pumps when the strength gains will be the same and mono is proven to work and validated as well as being cheap.
The pump is king.

I guess it all depends on your goals. I stack mono with CN and get the best of worlds.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
then what about magnesium creatine chelate? i think im gonna pick some up just to see if it does anything for me

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
then what about magnesium creatine chelate? i think im gonna pick some up just to see if it does anything for me
its still in the air
it uses a diff channel then mono, it is not proven better or worse. Id say it wont hurt.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
bullshiit, i got some nice strength gains from cn.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
So is APS the only brand to carry nitrate?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
after cn, it's my favorite. the sns brand is cheap and effective.:yup:

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Wow, the last 3 posts were all sent at the exact same time, 5:01pm. So I'll just ask again, is APS the only brand to have nitrate?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've been using kre-alkalyn for the past few years with great success but all I've been reading about these days is creatine nitrate. When I switched from monohydrate to kre-alkalyn, I couldn't believe the difference. I'm a very skeptical person by nature and don't believe anything unless I see it with my own eyes, and the switch turned me into a believer of kre-alkalyn. I've used it religiously since and I don't plan on stopping unless nitrate is better. Also, there is a pretty big price difference between the two. Kre-alkalyn is about half the price of nitrate.

For those of you who have tried both, is nitrate that far superior to kre-alkalyn? I know some will want to chime in with "mono does the same thing and it's cheaper" to "dude, nitrate is the holy grail of all supps" but please, let's keep it real, honest, and unbiased. If you haven't tried one or the other, please don't bash 'em. I'm trying to get honest feedback and if--at the recommendation of the majority--nitrate is superior, I will give it a shot.

So, taking all things into consideration like price, effectiveness, etc. which one is better?
If your not concerned about possible cancer go for it. I had awesome pumps from it but now that I have been reading the idea of cancer from it I went back to con cret.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
If your not concerned about possible cancer go for it. I had awesome pumps from it but now that I have been reading the idea of cancer from it I went back to con cret.
Cancer? Please do enlighten. Or is there some links I could read?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
alright big guy
don't mean to be harsh, but i gotta go by my results. can't believe all these people saying all they get from cn is pumps?????? geez, i had significant strength gains from cn.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
don't mean to be harsh, but i gotta go by my results. can't believe all these people saying all they get from cn is pumps?????? geez, i had significant strength gains from cn.
Same with me and kre-alkalyn. Everyone responds differently to compounds and going from mono to KA was a night and day difference. I know my body well after training for 17+ years and it wasn't a placebo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same with me and kre-alkalyn. Everyone responds differently to compounds and going from mono to KA was a night and day difference. I know my body well after training for 17+ years and it wasn't a placebo.
i agree. after years of noticing very little from mono, the cn really felt like it made a truely significant difference.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
after cn, it's my favorite. the sns brand is cheap and effective.:yup:
word, im gonna pick some of that up tomorrow. then use cn pre workout for the awesomes

to the person asking who else sells creatine nitrate... check out muscle feast. they have some pre workout blend

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
thermolife also has one, as well as san
well maybe its just me but i cant tell a night and day difference since i respond well to pretty all creatine lol. Ill say nitrate is personal fav. But strength wise i cant compare

beni182

beni182

Awards
Are you AR's roommate or something?

Hey guys im about to take a shot of wheatgrass....

Call a doctor quick!!!

XJDesertFox

Awards
im not sure how thats possible. are you saying baking soda gave you strength gains?

Because mono -> kre-alkalyn would have zero change aside from the addition of baking soda into your diet.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you AR's roommate or something?

Hey guys im about to take a shot of wheatgrass....

Call a doctor quick!!!
in all fairness i think he is lumping all nitrates in one package. yes, the nitrates used in lunch meats and hot dogs if eaten in large amounts can be harmful. but nitrates also come from vegetables like beets and spinach, which have a lot of benefits.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
im not sure how thats possible. are you saying baking soda gave you strength gains?

Because mono -> kre-alkalyn would have zero change aside from the addition of baking soda into your diet.
I don't know bro, call me an idiot but I've been in the game for a very long time from competitive powerlifting to competitive cycling, to wannabe bodybuilding, I've been there and done that. And I definitely felt a difference going from mono to KA and I've been on it ever since. Keep in mind that I'm very skeptical when it comes to supps too, and don't believe in most of them. We're not all built the same but since you say so, I guess it's the "truth"?! We all should react the same to all compounds?!

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
I realize what kre-alkalyn is, but saying it isn't worth anything is hard for me to believe considering I got better results from 3 grams of day of kre-alkalyn than 10 grams a day of mono.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I realize what kre-alkalyn is, but saying it isn't worth anything is hard for me to believe considering I got better results from 3 grams of day of kre-alkalyn than 10 grams a day of mono.
Amen. Same here. I'm just simply trying to find out if the price is justified switching over to nitrate?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
just try it? then you will know if its worth it or not. aps is like 33$ for 25 days worth.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
just try it? then you will know if its worth it or not. aps is like 33$ for 25 days worth.
Yeah, I'm about to pull the trigger. I just have 2-1/4 bottles of KA on hand so I wanted to use it up first, but I might go ahead and get some to try. KA is much cheaper and I have it on hand so that's where I was debating.

beni182

beni182

Awards
I don't know bro, call me an idiot but I've been in the game for a very long time from competitive powerlifting to competitive cycling, to wannabe bodybuilding, I've been there and done that. And I definitely felt a difference going from mono to KA and I've been on it ever since. Keep in mind that I'm very skeptical when it comes to supps too, and don't believe in most of them. We're not all built the same but since you say so, I guess it's the "truth"?! We all should react the same to all compounds?!
So, you are stating that you feel a difference with Na2CO3 "sodium carbonate" aka "soda ash" and maltodextrin added with mono? In the end its just mono with basic fillers added. If you say it works then I guess keep using it. But, in reality the product should not have any benefits over plain mono. If it did work better than mono alone, then you are saying that mono stacked with Tums/calcium carbonate would be the cost effective way to go.....

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Amen. Same here. I'm just simply trying to find out if the price is justified switching over to nitrate?
if you only use cn pre it will last a long time. use the kre-alk the rest of the time.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's Kre-alkalyn just baking soda and creatine monohydrate?

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
So, you are stating that you feel a difference with Na2CO3 "sodium carbonate" aka "soda ash" and maltodextrin added with mono? In the end its just mono with basic fillers added. If you say it works then I guess keep using it. But, in reality the product should not have any benefits over plain mono. If it did work better than mono alone, then you are saying that mono stacked with Tums/calcium carbonate would be the cost effective way to go.....
Yup, I guess so then. Tums and mono works for me?! :yup:

beni182

beni182

Awards
It's Kre-alkalyn just baking soda and creatine monohydrate?
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6399661.html

I mostly see it in Capsule form so.....

Read directly from the Kre Alkalyn Patent

"In capsule form, the capsule includes the following formulation:

Creatine Monohydrate 1000 mg
Maltodextrin 200 mg
Magnesium Stearate 5 mg
Magnesium Glycerol Phosphate 25 mg
Soda Ash 5-1000 mg
Natural and/or Artificial Flavors 20 mg

The method for making capsules is to place 1000 mg of creatine monohydrate in a mixing vessel. The pH is adjusted to be between 7 and 14 by adding soda ash. The maltodextrin, magnesium stearate (a flow agent) and natural and/or artificial flavors are added to desired taste and sweetness. The pH is again checked, and magnesium glycerol phosphate is added to adjust the pH to be between 7 and 14. The mixed powder is then processed by a conventional encapsulation machine which prepares capsules of the powder. "