Need a supp stack for my 15 Year old brother-

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
He wants like 10 things for who knows what reason, but heres what we've come up with so far for a lean mass cycle.

Protein
Multivitamin
V-12
Nitrous
ZMA

What else would you recommend? I was thinking maybe some BCAAs, but all opinions are welcome.

Squatking

Awards
i dont think he needs much, the kids 15, just stuff tons of food down his throat, but u can give him some whey, multi's, glutamine, and maybe creatine a few months down the road.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A cell volumizer might be fun for him (I see you have Nitrous on the list). Good pumps usually bring people back to the gym.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
He wants like 10 things for who knows what reason, but heres what we've come up with so far for a lean mass cycle.

Protein
Multivitamin
V-12
Nitrous
ZMA

What else would you recommend? I was thinking maybe some BCAAs, but all opinions are welcome.
I like it :) That, a proper training method and a good diet should do the trick :thumbsup:

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Seriously dude... That and a fuckton of relatively (but not religiously) good calories plus proper training (don't screw his joints up ;) ) and he'll grow like a weed!

ManBeast

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
This is just my opinion, but have him train w/out the V-12 and let him use it if he shows he can be dedicated on a daily basis, sort of like a reward. I know this is tough for a 15 year old, but it can serve as motivation and it helps him develop good eating and training habits at the same time.

1.Protein
2.Multi-Vitamin & Minerals
3.Vit. C & E

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
what the **** is this ICE product by xtreme formulations, i thought it was just some BCAA's, he keeps bitching that he NEEDS it like it's test enan or something ;)

Last edited:
JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is just my opinion, but have him train w/out the V-12 and let him use it if he shows he can be dedicated on a daily basis, sort of like a reward. I know this is tough for a 15 year old, but it can serve as motivation and it helps him develop good eating and training habits at the same time.

1.Protein
2.Multi-Vitamin & Minerals
3.Vit. C & E
Haha thats what i told him. He wont listen, he thinks creatine w/ get him highly anabolic, like it's the key to it all, who knows? I figure theres no better push in bodybuilding than creatine mixed w/ newbie gains, so i say what the hell.

Last edited:

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Jon, keep it simple. Multi....extra C&E......whey....LIVER TABS..
natty PB.....creatine.....flax/fish/olive oil.....and of course lots of good food.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
When dealing with 15 year olds, they know everything ;) But it does look like a good start and just keeping him training correctly

Lich

Banned
Awards
Some advice:

Stay away from the v-12. V-12 is a poor choice for a few reasons. V-12 does supply a decent pump ect, but if u notice it doesnt actually supply creatine. It supplies to PRECURSOR to creatine. Now think about this, how useless is that? U can take creatine straight, so packing in tons of the precursor just leaves excess unconverted material and is harder on the liver. Also with this it can also lead to a heightened chemicle that is a risk for cardio disease. With all this being said: Try to just get reg creatine, or maybe some type just with some ala. If uve alrdy got the v-12, just go through one bottle if u want, wont be a huge deal, and next time get something diff. STAY AWAY from SwoleV2. Not only does it contain the precursor to creatine, but has a nother dangerous chemicle called GPA. Some type of acid that can block ur creatine transporters, and keep in mind creatine helps ur whole body function properly, not just ur muscles. Check out http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=295naked2 For a good article on creatine overall.

OK next:

Multi vits are good. LOTS of protein and food. Nitrous is good, ZMA isnt a bad choice either. Everything looks straight. As for the Ice. Teach ur brother that is kind of a waste of time. BCAA's come from proteins and most time u can find a list on ur protein bottle that will show u which ones and how many. Also tell him hes still going to get Arginine which is a Amino Acid from most proteins that has been shown to help get good pumps, which the new crteatines/NO2 have in them.

I go down to my local safeway to look at some of their proteins, and in fact they actually have some decent weight gainer ones at times. I found one thats a protein with lots of cals/carbs and vitamins and its PACKED with bcaas. About 20+. So ICE is basically a bad choice for ur money ;)

Train hard and proper, ive got some good beginning training routines to pack on some great mass, but im sure uve got enuff knowledge to get ur bro going. GL and GL to him.

I also like Irons idea, it does help ppl work harder to be able to use something, but make sure it doesnt have an adverse effect to where he doesnt like to train hard unless hes on the supp. ;)

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
EC / Y .. i love the boost it gives me in the gym.

what does he need all that **** for.. whne I was 15 I didn't have money to spend on supps like that

other than EC/Y..protein powder, creatine, fish oil, and multi vit are all I'd bother with. get the cheapest creatine that you can, i dont know why people bother with all the hyped overpriced creatine crap?

Blindfaith

Awards
i dont think he needs much, the kids 15, just stuff tons of food down his throat, but u can give him some whey, multi's, glutamine, and maybe creatine a few months down the road.
I totally agree with this...remember the old K.I.S.S. acromnyme?

He is 15 years old and still has a few more years to mature into his body...proper diet and training routine 3-4x/week is all he needs for now...try the other stuff when he hits like 18 years old.

Blindfaith

Awards
Some advice:

Stay away from the v-12. V-12 is a poor choice for a few reasons. V-12 does supply a decent pump ect, but if u notice it doesnt actually supply creatine. It supplies to PRECURSOR to creatine. Now think about this, how useless is that? U can take creatine straight, so packing in tons of the precursor just leaves excess unconverted material and is harder on the liver. Also with this it can also lead to a heightened chemicle that is a risk for cardio disease. With all this being said: Try to just get reg creatine, or maybe some type just with some ala. If uve alrdy got the v-12, just go through one bottle if u want, wont be a huge deal, and next time get something diff. STAY AWAY from SwoleV2. Not only does it contain the precursor to creatine, but has a nother dangerous chemicle called GPA. Some type of acid that can block ur creatine transporters, and keep in mind creatine helps ur whole body function properly, not just ur muscles. Check out http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=295naked2 For a good article on creatine overall.

OK next:

Multi vits are good. LOTS of protein and food. Nitrous is good, ZMA isnt a bad choice either. Everything looks straight. As for the Ice. Teach ur brother that is kind of a waste of time. BCAA's come from proteins and most time u can find a list on ur protein bottle that will show u which ones and how many. Also tell him hes still going to get Arginine which is a Amino Acid from most proteins that has been shown to help get good pumps, which the new crteatines/NO2 have in them.

I go down to my local safeway to look at some of their proteins, and in fact they actually have some decent weight gainer ones at times. I found one thats a protein with lots of cals/carbs and vitamins and its PACKED with bcaas. About 20+. So ICE is basically a bad choice for ur money ;)

Train hard and proper, ive got some good beginning training routines to pack on some great mass, but im sure uve got enuff knowledge to get ur bro going. GL and GL to him.

I also like Irons idea, it does help ppl work harder to be able to use something, but make sure it doesnt have an adverse effect to where he doesnt like to train hard unless hes on the supp. ;)
Always take what T-Mag has to say with a grain of salt because they too are in the supplement selling industry...i find that the only ones that they say is the best stuff is their own...V12 is an awesome product...dont kid yourself.

Lich

Banned
Awards
Just ask around, ull get enuff feedback from many other ppl/sources.

V12 is not a bad product. Irts just that id rather take straight creatine than a bunch of the precursor. Its just added stress to ur body and rlly doesn do anything. It can also cause more risk for cardiovascular disease. If v12 took that out, and put reg creatine mono in id buy it for sure.

I also wouldnt suggest anymore than one would need at 15 years old.

Dan

Awards
You could always get an empty container, fill it with gatorade powder or something, then tell him its some crazy expensive supplement. The placebo effect should be enough to get him going.

size

Awards
  • Established
I say nothing. Everybody should take fish oil and a multivitamin for overall health but after that I would say just eat. Starting with a dependence on supplements at his age will lead to nothing but problems.

If he "has to have" something then give him some protein and some liver tabs.

Blindfaith

Awards
Just ask around, ull get enuff feedback from many other ppl/sources.

V12 is not a bad product. Irts just that id rather take straight creatine than a bunch of the precursor. Its just added stress to ur body and rlly doesn do anything. It can also cause more risk for cardiovascular disease. If v12 took that out, and put reg creatine mono in id buy it for sure.

I also wouldnt suggest anymore than one would need at 15 years old.
Cardiovascular disease!?!? Wow from taking in creatine? Sorry bud but you have been reading some bad info...there is no way shape or form of creatine that would give you cardiovascular disease enless it came in cigarette form.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
V12 and Swole v2 both contain creatine in the form of creatine malate. This is not a precursor, it is creatine.

Lich

Banned
Awards
Swolev2 does cary GPA which is a semi-dangerous ingredient which I have discovered through many different ppl/places. Obviously everyone wants to overlook this because they either alrdy invested money into the product, or want to, or hear the good pumps ppl are getting.

Some review I read up on from random ppl at bulknutrition.net for Swole V2 implicating GPA effects:

http://www.bulknutrition.com/product_reviews_info.php?reviews_id=965

http://www.bulknutrition.com/product_reviews_info.php?reviews_id=879

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Homocysteine levels are effected when there isn't methyl donor present and in V-12 there is in the form of Betaine. Please understand what your posting before calling a product dangerous.

Glucocyamine is included for its insulin mimicking abilites and also becuase some people do not repsond to exogenous creatine yet respond to a precursor. This is ALSO why some creatine nonresponders love V-12 because it actually works where monohydrate failed.

As for the more stress on your body, that is simply false and your not taking things into context at all. With your reasoning, excess protein would cause significant calcium excretions and cause excess stress on the kidneys.

Lich

Banned
Awards
Im going to step down and stand corrected on this one. Although at the moment im still nuetral with v12 Im going to do some more research and if I get enough good info as u have supplied I may look into it in place of my reg creatine just to see how I re-act.

But as for SwoleV2 GPA can be and to some makes the product "dangerous".