Fish Oil: Once a day or spaced out?

Rock Lee

Awards
Is it better to take your fish oil in one large dose or space it out throughout the day?

Also I know people always say not to combine fats and carbs because the insulin will shuttle the fat into adipose...does this rule apply for good fats as well, like fish oil?

the_destroyer55

Awards
Is it better to take your fish oil in one large dose or space it out throughout the day?

Also I know people always say not to combine fats and carbs because the insulin will shuttle the fat into adipose...does this rule apply for good fats as well, like fish oil?
I like to space it out. How much are you taking?? It would likely be such a small amount of fat that it would have negligible effects, even if combined with carbs.

sawastea

Awards
Most people space it out...I like taking it as a bolus at night, with some casein protein.

Jay Mc

Awards
Whats a bolus?
heh. large dose given rapidly so that you quickly see the desired effect. ALthough you usually only hear it used w/IV drugs and fluids. Like for a hypotensive patient you might give a 500cc bolus.

Also, a bolus can refer to a ball of food. When you chew then swallow, the thing you are swallowing is a bolus

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I take 4 fish oil caps 3x daily, just as long as it's not post workout :)

Squatking

Awards
i like to take 5ml with a meal and another 5-6ml before bed with a casein protein shake.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19