What are YOU using?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
A twist on the standard stack thread......

What supplement(s) do you use that is probably NOT in use by the majority of others here on AM.com? A ton of guys are using whatever is trendy and new... so let's see what secret weapon you keep in the arsenal.

For me:

Beverly Mass
NOW Bromelain
Magnum Performance Edge

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sesamin (which for some reason fell out of favor)
B-50
Magnesium
Psyllium Husk

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
x2 on magnesium oil, love coating my worked muscles with it post workout (after i shower)

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
What effects do you guys personally notice from Magnesium oil? This stuff really has my interest.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
What effects do you guys personally notice from Magnesium oil? This stuff really has my interest.
i find it helps relax the muscles a little to help recovery and not keep me so tense. it was cheap and lasts forever so i had to try it. its supposed to also increase natty DHEA levels somehow, which helps everything. its basically like taking an epsom salt bath but much easier and cheaper to do. just apply a thin layer over whatever bodypart you worked or u can just use the same spot. its supposed to also help relieve sore joints if thats a problem for you

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established

What supplement(s) do you use that is probably NOT in use by the majority of others here on AM.com? A ton of guys are using whatever is trendy and new... so let's see what secret weapon you keep in the arsenal.

For me:

Beverly Mass
NOW Bromelain
Magnum Performance Edge
For Me:

NOW Digest Platinum and/or Super Enzymes
Psyllium Husk
Bob's Old Mill 100% Oat Flour and/or Brown Rice Flour in my shakes - used as a supplement, so I listed it. :)

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Primordial Performance IBCAA, Beta alanine,
maximize v2
Peptopro in the form of Maximum absorbed protein
size on max performance,
zma
Opti-men

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Preworkout: Maximize V2
Cardio: Athletic Xtreme Stim X
Dymatize Fusion Protein
Orange Triad
Fish Oil
Mass FX
Bottled Water
Dymatize BCAA 5500
Universal Torrent Zero
VPX Power Shock
VPX Fiberteq

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Orange TRIad (multivitamin)
Sustain Alpha (test)
Golden Gains (protein)
Green BULGE (creatine)
Nutraplanet fish oil
Blue GrowtH (GH)
Uniliver

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Coq10 (200mg a day minimum)
gaba complex (has gaba, Mg, zinc)
calcium citrate
super enzymes
super greens
joint supp
carlson lemon fish oil
taurine/BA/creatine mono/bcaa
ALCAR
green tea caps

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
Bcaa's, protein powder, and occ some creatine!
Basic, yet highly effective for me!!

krebz

Awards
Pre: Shotgun
Intra: Synthesize
(yeah i wanted to try this stack lol i dont see many ppl here talking about this)

Multi-vit (puritan´s pride)

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These are my things i use i don't know if many others use:

L-Lysine
8 Billion Acidophilus & Bifidus
Holy Basil Extract

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
Nitro Peak protein
iForce Creatine Monohydrate
Maximize V2 preworkout
Hemavol Preworkout
NOW SUper digestive enzymes
SciFit karbolyn PWO+BCAA+CM

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Lean beef aminos
Sublingual B12 tabs for appetite and energy
Mycogreens
Dicreatine malate ( picked up a bunch more during nutra sale!)
Coffee (black)
Trutein
Orange triad and fish oil.

BoBaby

Awards
EndoAmp Max
Toco-8 (staple)
Sustain Alpha
TCF-1
Garden of Life Vitamin Code for Men (staple)
GLC 2000 (staple)
Primaforce Cissus caps (staple)
Now D3 2000IU (staple)
Now Ultra Omega 3 (staple)
Beta Alanine (staple)
Protein Powder (using Dorian Yates Tempro right now, have some Combat Powder on the way)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established

For me:

Beverly Mass
NOW Bromelain
Magnum Performance Edge
Rogue
Digestive Enzymes with EVERY meal
HCA 50% powder (raw, scooped into mouth 2x/day)
Greens
Liver Tabs

Those are the supplements I'm taking I consider 'out of the norm,' for a majority of lifters.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
These are my things i use i don't know if many others use:

L-Lysine
8 Billion Acidophilus & Bifidus
Holy Basil Extract
Gave me the ****s so bad.

Also, i was using Magnesium oil, but for some reason, about 2 weeks after i started using it pre-bed, i started to get a real minor rash from it. It was weird because the first two weeks i didn't seem to have the problem... i might of started applying it too generously. Anyways, it's hard to sleep when you're itchy, so i stoped using it. At first i was very happy with it though.

adawg4929

Awards
  • Established
Im currently coming off some E-bol, that was good, currently taking TT-33, Lean Xtreme and SizeOn precontest, getting towards the end of my cut so thats awesome!!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
x factor, activate extreme, and e Bol used to be a popular stack. I used it and had amazing results in strength and body recomp. That is not very popular on this board.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
NOW CLA

I really like the research I've seen on CLA. Just have to make sure you take a solid dose to get results.

WIULifter

WIULifter

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im just using Universal Storm and GlycoCarn.....seeing some decent results.

Also I am going to start taking ALCAR, I feel its extremely overlooked

fadi

fadi

Awards
  • Established
Ginger Complex for digestion, the only supp that helped my digestion problems. I will try Now Digest Platinum, but Ginger is staple now.

Curcumin

The other stuff are the normal everyday stuff, protein, creatine, yada yada

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The taste i have learned to deal with. Its the initial burn on the way down the throat that is always the issue, but so long as i chase it with equal-parts water immediately after i am golden.
I cant tell you how many times I have opened my ACV bottle, stared at it, then closed it and put it back in the cupboard.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I cant tell you how many times I have opened my ACV bottle, stared at it, then closed it and put it back in the cupboard.
Lol, sounds like what i'd do.

How much are you supposed to drink?

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established
Pineapple juice. I add it to my shakes and also to a glass a milk. It's high in bromelain, which aids in digestion and is also good for the joints.

Add a couple of ounces of 100% pineapple juice to your milk or shake and I'll bet you'll notice better digestion and less bloat, if you're susceptible to that.

Mango juice has similar properties. Mango tastes great with greek yogurt and pineapple tastes great with cottage cheese.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pineapple juice. I add it to my shakes and also to a glass a milk. It's high in bromelain, which aids in digestion and is also good for the joints.

Add a couple of ounces of 100% pineapple juice to your milk or shake and I'll bet you'll notice better digestion and less bloat, if you're susceptible to that.

Mango juice has similar properties. Mango tastes great with greek yogurt and pineapple tastes great with cottage cheese.
My favorite:

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established

What protein are you blending with pineapple juice that comes out tasting good?

Is your juice heavily processed by chance? I've tried it twice with fresh pineapple and it almost immediately makes shakes bitter.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Is your juice heavily processed by chance? I've tried it twice with fresh pineapple and it almost immediately makes shakes bitter.
I've done it in a blender with fresh pineapple chunks, pasteurized egg whites and dymatize elite vanilla and it was nice

marco wolf

marco wolf

Awards
  • Established

Libby's All Natural 100% Pineapple Juice. I use whey and whole powdered eggs in milk.

I don't find it to be bitter, but that's me. Even if I didn't like the taste, I'd probably still use it because it does help with my digestion.

jbono731

jbono731

Awards
  • Established
i find it helps relax the muscles a little to help recovery and not keep me so tense. it was cheap and lasts forever so i had to try it. its supposed to also increase natty DHEA levels somehow, which helps everything. its basically like taking an epsom salt bath but much easier and cheaper to do. just apply a thin layer over whatever bodypart you worked or u can just use the same spot. its supposed to also help relieve sore joints if thats a problem for you
Good notable effects. Magnesium in the medical field, while an electrolyte is a smooth muscle relaxer. Used by paramedics in the field for asthmatics, control bronchospasm, and also for preclampsia in pregnant woman. . .its effects sound just like you described, stops soreness by relaxing the muscle and improving blood flow.

I might have to look into a magnesium specific supplement!!

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
one of my friends orange juice and vanilla whey taste amazing together. but pineapple juice and milk sounds like i would be butt pissing for hours

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One thing I'm using that I doubt many here are is Xtreme Greens (capsules) by NRG-X Labs. Good way to get in more phyto nutrients and it has MSM in it. Also really cheap.

ccnAbolic

ccnAbolic

Awards
  • Established

You are talking fresh pineapple juice right? I ask because enzymes like bromelain are lost once pasteurized...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Greens powder
EGCG
out of curcumin, but it's a staple
Toco8- may become a staple

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
im also a huge fan of greek yogurt. I eat it all the time! I like having it at night with my last meal and in the morning, really helps keep bloat down and my digestion running smooth