Ephedrine Vs. Yohimbe Transdermal

Edge

Awards
What properties does yohimbe have that make it such a good Fat burner as a topical (instead of Ephedrine). Ive never heard of anyone using Ephedrine in a topical formula and was just curious as to why not?

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What properties does yohimbe have that make it such a good Fat burner as a topical (instead of Ephedrine). Ive never heard of anyone using Ephedrine in a topical formula and was just curious as to why not?
Ehedrine interferes with the dopamine transporter, so it results in higher levels of dopamine (check out bromo and pergo, if you do not understand the significance of dopamine for bodycomposition)

I have never seen Y to inhibit dopamine uptake, in the literature, though i cannot 100% say it does not do this. Y is also more problematic centrally, because it blocks the primary pathway of NE inhibition centrally (for more on NE excess centrally, read Spook's leptin articles).

Y also blocks the negative feedback on lipolysis, peripherally, while E meraly increases such signalling peripherally (and, if you look at how homeostasis opertaes, blocking negative feedback is generally a more frutiful approach.

IOW, E tend to work better systemically, and Y does better if it avoids systemic access (expecially to the CNS).

So, it is not that E will not work locally delivered, it just is not as advantageous as Y and it does not have as many drawback delivered systemically (especially to the CNS)

Edge

Awards
Ehedrine interferes with the dopamine transporter, so it results in higher levels of dopamine (check out bromo and pergo, if you do not understand the significance of dopamine for bodycomposition)

I have never seen Y to inhibit dopamine uptake, in the literature, though i cannot 100% say it does not do this. Y is also more problematic centrally, because it blocks the primary pathway of NE inhibition centrally (for more on NE excess centrally, read Spook's leptin articles).

Y also blocks the negative feedback on lipolysis, peripherally, while E meraly increases such signalling peripherally (and, if you look at how homeostasis opertaes, blocking negative feedback is generally a more frutiful approach.

IOW, E tend to work better systemically, and Y does better if it avoids systemic access (expecially to the CNS).

So, it is not that E will not work locally delivered, it just is not as advantageous as Y and it does not have as many drawback delivered systemically (especially to the CNS)
Thanks Par
Interesting!
I wanted to try a Ephedrine hombrew transdermal but guess not.
I have a good source for Ephedrine but I cant find Yohimbe in Canada.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
To be clear, I am not at all saying that it would be worthless to do E transdermally, I am just saying that unlike Y, it works damn well systemically.

Edge

Awards
To be clear, I am not at all saying that it would be worthless to do E transdermally, I am just saying that unlike Y, it works damn well systemically.
Yup I understand. Ive just been hearing alot lately about products like yohimburn and such so I thought Id make a homebrew transdermal to save a few bucks on a test trial.

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Am I allowed to say that Yohimburn is a half-assed knock-off of LipoDerm???

Edge

Awards
LOL, well that's what I would call it :)
Actually Par that might be a good question, I didnt really see the difference...
Do you think I should add synepherine and caffeine to the mix like the lipoderm has?

I ordered some Isoproanol, Benzyl Alcohol and Acetone and I am just about ready to make this brew.

Oh and I found a place that sells Yohimbe in 500 Mg capsules, 100 capsules standardized to 1% for 40.00$ CAD, does that sound too expensive?
This place does have a reputation of being expensive so should I keep looking or does that seem good price?

Edit: I also just located a tincture of yohimbe bark for 25 bucks CAD.
If its 65 mg per serving, and theres 120 servings per bottle, thats 7800 mg of yohimbe. Can this be used as well?
Supplement Facts:
Serving Size* 15 Drops
Servings Per Container *120

*Amount per Serving************************** mg
Extract************************************************* 65 mg +
Dried Yohimbe Bark (Corynanthe yohimbe),
60-70% Pure Grain Alcohol USP, and Spring Water.
Minimum Dry Herb Strength Ratio: 1:2
+ Daily Value not established.
Ecologically Wildcrafted * "
Expiration Date: Approx. 4 years from the date of the purchase.
Brand: Gaia Herbs
2 Fluid oz/60 ml

Last edited:

Edge

Awards
Awwwwwwwwwwww nuts am I looking for yohimbine HCL when it comes to making a transdermal? Thats gonna make things 10% harder.