Does the type of whey protein u take really matter???

V

viking805fan

Awards
ive been taking this for a while now, its got some decent reviews on the site. But i really wanted to know if it really matters what type of whey protein you take for better results....

walmart[DOT]com/ip/Body-Fortress-Dietary-Supplement-Strawberry-Super-Advanced-Whey-Protein-32-oz/10322372

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
pretty much... if the label isnt a lie, then its all the same. some companies may lie about whats actually in their "blend" tho. so when it says 24g... it could be 12g... but that being said, walmart is just as good as anything else. assuming were talking about regular whey and not like hydrolized and peptopro and all that stuff. a little different level there

V

viking805fan

Awards
ah alright, well the label on mine says 26g of protein per scoop. I was just wondering

E

ekdevil

Awards
aside from some that are lactose-free,all pretty much the same

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whey concentrate doesn't absorb as good as an isolate does, i don't have the the exact numbers of the difference, other whey proteins may have creatine in them, which isn't a bad thing, just really matters if you want that or not

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
theres this heavyweight(looks exactly like the animal pak guys on their site) BB'er at my gym using walmart protein. he agreed its all the same... so thats sayin a lot

but the price of isolate vs concentrate... theres usually a large gap u can just take a extra few grams of concentrate if it doesnt absorb as well

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Buy what your wallet can afford, i'd say.

After a work out, isolate is better. Adding protein to your diet, Isolate just cost more.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Walmart Protein! I actually really like the taste and it's cheap.......not a discernable difference but I am sure somebody is about to get on this thread and go on and on about absorbtion blah, blah blah...............anyway, I don't care. I just keep buying it but I have this LOVE/HATE relationship with Walmart....I just get really pissed off when I am in there! Makes me want to push old people down!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Walmart Protein! I actually really like the taste and it's cheap.......not a discernable difference but I am sure somebody is about to get on this thread and go on and on about absorbtion blah, blah blah...............anyway, I don't care. I just keep buying it but I have this LOVE/HATE relationship with Walmart....I just get really pissed off when I am in there! Makes me want to push old people down!!
For me I think that I get a better quality for about the same price with NutraPro and a way better macro breakdown but I used Walmart protein when I was in tight financially and didn't mind it. I did however have some minor digestion/gas issues that really got annoying to those around me at the time.

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
buy based on taste and protein quality and brand reputation...

if you think all protein powders are legit and meet label claims... you are wrong! Support reputable manufacturers like Optimum, Dymatize, etc

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
buy based on taste and protein quality and brand reputation...

if you think all protein powders are legit and meet label claims... you are wrong! Support reputable manufacturers like Optimum, Dymatize, etc
Or the board sponsored brand that is arguably better than both ;).

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i thought i read somewhere where dymatize was way off on their protein label claim? ill look for it later

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Or the board sponsored brand that is arguably better than both ;).
Yup, and when there choco PB comes out, I will really support em!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yup, and when there choco PB comes out, I will really support em!
All of the new flavors sound pretty awesome, I may have to order 10-15 pounds so I am set for months and can mix it up. Loving chocolate but I need a change ASAP! Some cinnamon sounds like a great change or the chocolate graham cracker :).

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
or you can go here and buy 50lbs @80% for 160.00 bucks. It's what the supplement companies do, then they just add cocoa or vanilla flavoring and WHAM you got a new "formula", don't buy into the hype brothers, take it from me, I am a business major specializing in marketing and the supplement game is geared towards YOU.
That is great if you can stomach whey concentrate... and want to work all of the flavoring issues out. To each their own, it comes down to time and convenience for many of us and I really don't have the time to mix my own protein powders.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
or you can go here and buy 50lbs @80% for 160.00 bucks. It's what the supplement companies do, then they just add cocoa or vanilla flavoring and WHAM you got a new "formula", don't buy into the hype brothers, take it from me, I am a business major specializing in marketing and the supplement game is geared towards YOU.
I don't know why this made me think about this but:

A buddy of mine's father in law owned several gyms around here and was a bodybuilder back in the 70s and early 80s. He was big and freakin ripped but anyway, he used buy 50lb bags of CALF FORMULA and drink it for snacks during the day. I mean the formula that we used to feed the calves when I worked on a dairy farm. He needed a ton of calories and back then there was not a huge supplement industry.

I thought that was funny......we got it made today boys!

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I don't know why this made me think about this but:

A buddy of mine's father in law owned several gyms around here and was a bodybuilder back in the 70s and early 80s. He was big and freakin ripped but anyway, he used buy 50lb bags of CALF FORMULA and drink it for snacks during the day. I mean the formula that we used to feed the calves when I worked on a dairy farm. He needed a ton of calories and back then there was not a huge supplement industry.

I thought that was funny......we got it made today boys!
We have some things better, but in regards to some of the new gimick stuff out there id rather have calf formula.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Had to quit Muscletech..............I was getting too f*cking big!!! And Ripped!!! Looked like a shaved Gorilla!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had to quit Muscletech..............I was getting too f*cking big!!! And Ripped!!! Looked like a shaved Gorilla!!
Yeah, Cell Tech hardcore is not called HARDCORE for no reason...:chairfall: