Anyone tried Xpand xtreme? White flood?

Rowdyhurst77

Awards
I got great deals on both n jumped on em.. Which is better and a little off topic, I work out early in morning and I am hungry when I wake up, I know all the products work better on empty stomch, but can I at least drink a protein shake.. I dont want to work out all for not and my body just catabolize my muslces...

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
i love xpand and yes make a shake skim milk banana cup of oats and add whey

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
white flood is pretty good, i add some creatine to it as well. also i wake at 645 and sometimes if i feel like i need to eat something i have about a half a shake, so maybe 20grams protein. wait a bit, then around 730 i take white flood. i usually consume some bcaas during my morning workout too.

Rowdyhurst77

Awards
ok cool, I was thinking I should add some creatine in my WF so that answered another question.

JComp

Awards
I only tried a sample of white flood it seemed like it worked the same as jack3d, but the taste was unbearable, i gagged the whole time i was trying to drink it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You guys are doing it wrong. Don't take protein an hour before or after your pre-workout pump stuff, it interferes. If you get up at 645 and workout at 730, take the pre-workout first thing upon waking, then the protein 45-60 later.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
You guys are doing it wrong. Don't take protein an hour before or after your pre-workout pump stuff, it interferes. If you get up at 645 and workout at 730, take the pre-workout first thing upon waking, then the protein 45-60 later.
huh... really:dunno:. i still feel the effects. can you explain a little more for me?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sure, you feel the effects; caffeine isn't affected by your protein shake. Beta alanine isn't either. But the pump aspect certainly is. Glutamine reduces NO, iirc, and in general taking aminos with whole protein reduces their effects, bcaas and arginine included.

You'll still get some benefits, just not the full effect. If you have time issues, like in the morning upon waking, take the NO first: its absorbed quickly. The protein will take a lot longer to digest, so you'll have to wait longer to have an empty stomach.

testiesac

testiesac

Awards
  • Established
Sure, you feel the effects; caffeine isn't affected by your protein shake. Beta alanine isn't either. But the pump aspect certainly is. Glutamine reduces NO, iirc, and in general taking aminos with whole protein reduces their effects, bcaas and arginine included.

You'll still get some benefits, just not the full effect. If you have time issues, like in the morning upon waking, take the NO first: its absorbed quickly. The protein will take a lot longer to digest, so you'll have to wait longer to have an empty stomach.
As i stated in my prior post its only when i really need something in my stomach. it doesnt happen that often but its good to know about when to take supps. thanks