!!!!!! Attention Company Owners......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Mods/Admin, I am placing this here due to the high traffic and improved chance that company owners will see it. Hopefully this is ok. If it must be moved, I understand.

Please read this through and consider it a humble request for assistance from an AM.com member, on behalf of a lot of people, many of which are children, who desperately need help.....

Let me begin by saying I sincerely hope this finds you doing well, loving life, and full of joy. If not, hopefully better times will be right around the corner for you. Life is good (as usual) in my world. I am healthy, active, and not sure I could be more blessed.

I am writing because I want to share with you an opportunity that I have been given. This summer I am going to Haiti for a short term mission trip. This is the first trip like this that my very young church has planned. We are all very excited and eager to see what God is going to do with us, through us, and to us when we are there. No doubt you have probably heard by now about the earthquake that has destroyed much of the country, including the capital city of Port-au-Prince. The devastation of this disaster leaves an already economically struggling country in even more danger.

Ten to twelve of us will be traveling there in July. We will be working with children in orphanages, helping to serve local ministries, and, I can only guess, helping with disaster relief from this earthquake.

Here are a few things that are important to know about Haiti.. 50% of the population does not get enough food to eat daily. Haiti has an 85% unemployment rate; DAILY minimum wage is $2.50. Approximately 60% of Haitis population is under the age of 25. These facts, and many others, can lead to a grim looking future for the country. We want to go over to share Gods love with the less fortunate, gain a new perspective on poverty, help use our hands to make a difference, and put ourselves in a position to be changed by God. FWIW, If Christianity is not your religion, please take no offense at my faith.

I am posting this for 3 reasons.
1.) To inform you of what is going on in the life of a fellow AM.com member, and hopefully demonstrate a positive side to the people we all interact with daily,
2.) To ask for prayer and/or well wishes for our team as we prepare, and also prayer or well wishes for the people of Haiti, and
3.) To ask you to consider partnering with me financially with this trip.

The cost of the trip is approximately $1,200 and we are responsible for raising that money. As a group, we are going to do fundraisers and explorer other possibilities to raise money, but I also wanted to approach others, like yourself, who have shown support for good causes over the years, and see if you have interest in partnering with me.

My goal is to ultimately raise well over the approx $2500 to cover my wife and I. I hope to be able to offer assistance to other members of our church who are proceeding without any financial backing towards something they feel called to do. Any additional funds will be applied towards the Mission of Hope Haiti.

Can you please Help Us Help Haiti?​

Any gift you may be able to give would be greatly appreciated and it is all tax deductible (a letter recognizing the donation will be provided by the church). I would also love to share my experience with you upon my return. I'd like to request that any companies who donate also send me a T-Shirt. I will wear this shirt in pictures that I can bring back as proof of your companies generosity in helping the people of Haiti. All shirts will be donated to the people of Haiti prior to my return to the U.S. With all the scams going on, this is a simple way for you to know without a doubt that your money made a direct impact on the people who need it, and didn't go to line the pockets of some executives. If you are unable to give financially, your prayers and well wishes are extremely important to me as well, as there is a lot to be done.

Please PM me with any and all questions, and for further info on how you can go about making a donation. (i.e. Checks made payable to the church, addresses, etc)

Thanks for your time. I honestly appreciate you taking the time to read this long post and look forward to hearing from you soon.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Man that is awesome. I have traveled in to south america, mainly Ecuador, and done many mission trips, building schools and churches. It is unbelievable how blessed our country is even when the economy is tanked. I just gave some funding to a mission group last night in spain, but will try to help you out a little also if I can. I will be in court next week over a personal injury I recieved while in the line of duty, fire fighter and was run over by a motorist. If this go well I will kick a few bucks your way.
I would like to say this to all members. I realize our country and many of your households I am sure are under financial strain, but if you can help another person it is a great feeling. If you can help with only 10 bucks it would help this guy. Tragedy never sets in until it effects you, and hopefully someone will be as generous to you as you have been to others. I go out of my way to help others, I do it on my job, but also on my own time. My wife hates riding with me cause I always stop to lend anyone a hand. I have the attitude of one day that could be me, or my kids, or my parents. I know he is asking for companies to help, but if we all could at least help with what you spend in supplements for one day.
Also bro on the mission field, candy and lots of it is your best friend. It forms a common bond and puts everyone in a better mood

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cheers bud! I'm not going to haiti, but I am going to the dominican republic to volunteer for 10 days in march...I fly in the 6th and leave on the 16th.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Man that is awesome. I have traveled in to south america, mainly Ecuador, and done many mission trips, building schools and churches. It is unbelievable how blessed our country is even when the economy is tanked. I just gave some funding to a mission group last night in spain, but will try to help you out a little also if I can. I will be in court next week over a personal injury I recieved while in the line of duty, fire fighter and was run over by a motorist. If this go well I will kick a few bucks your way.
I would like to say this to all members. I realize our country and many of your households I am sure are under financial strain, but if you can help another person it is a great feeling. If you can help with only 10 bucks it would help this guy. Tragedy never sets in until it effects you, and hopefully someone will be as generous to you as you have been to others. I go out of my way to help others, I do it on my job, but also on my own time. My wife hates riding with me cause I always stop to lend anyone a hand. I have the attitude of one day that could be me, or my kids, or my parents. I know he is asking for companies to help, but if we all could at least help with what you spend in supplements for one day.
Also bro on the mission field, candy and lots of it is your best friend. It forms a common bond and puts everyone in a better mood
Thank you so much for the support and the tip. I'll remember to stock up on candy. I'm going to pass that tip along to the others as well. Ecuador is on my list of places to see. A mission trip will be a good way to make that happen in the future.

cheers bud! I'm not going to haiti, but I am going to the dominican republic to volunteer for 10 days in march...I fly in the 6th and leave on the 16th.

I went to the Dominican Republic a few years ago for my honeymoon. Resorts on the eastern tip are gorgeous and absurdly cheap. We traveled inland through the countryside one day on a tour to see how the normal people lived. Very poor, yet everyone smiles and waves. Bless you for what you're doing to help them out. Drink some "mamajuana" for me.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Very worthy course indeed. Understand entirely how missionary funding works and how scary it can be (scares me).

Full support and prayers bro.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's like people posting threads in the wrong section on AM, because they felt asking for money was more convient that way. If you want to do a good deed in life, it means YOU sacrifice for your own belief and cause. Asking for everyones, or let me me rephrase this "company owners" to give you the ride means you better worry about yourself, because thats just sad. We live in a country with thousands upon thousands entering a depression. I hope this message opens a eye. The bible states very, very clearly that only belief in Christ as your savior, and most important thing in your life will save you. No man is judged by so called "being a nice guy to 3rd world countries, or even the guy next door" i'm not overly religious, but I do ask someone to show me a passage in the Bible that says good deeds will save you......Stand on your own two feet for a belief. I can ask everyone to give me money to save a 7-11. I did a good deed, and used other peoples money to do so. If it really mattered, preperation way in advance would have been a priority. Either way I do wish you strength, but when a so called good deed becomes a charity event, something is wrong......Try helping people in your own community to grow as people, and create a band of truth of Christ before you expect to save a country. Save yourself.....

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
It's like people posting threads in the wrong section on AM, because they felt asking for money was more convient that way. If you want to do a good deed in life, it means YOU sacrifice for your own belief and cause. Asking for everyones, or let me me rephrase this "company owners" to give you the ride means you better worry about yourself, because thats just sad. We live in a country with thousands upon thousands entering a depression. I hope this message opens a eye. The bible states very, very clearly that only belief in Christ as your savior, and most important thing in your life will save you. No man is judged by so called "being a nice guy to 3rd world countries, or even the guy next door" i'm not overly religious, but I do ask someone to show me a passage in the Bible that says good deeds will save you......Stand on your own two feet for a belief. I can ask everyone to give me money to save a 7-11. I did a good deed, and used other peoples money to do so. If it really mattered, preperation way in advance would have been a priority. Either way I do wish you strength, but when a so called good deed becomes a charity event, something is wrong......Try helping people in your own community to grow as people, and create a band of truth of Christ before you expect to save a country. Save yourself.....
Deep post!
I appreciate your efforts guys to reach others, I will say this besides local and international people, the point and intention should always be to help people in need so that the image of Christ show through you and so that the person can get help period! May God bless you all!

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Yes the bible does talk about Charity Dan, regardless we are open cards; all that we do is shown to the people!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deep post!
I appreciate your efforts guys to reach others, I will say this besides local and international people, the point and intention should always be to help people in need so that the image of Christ show through you and so that the person can get help period! May God bless you all!
We all worship in different ways. Some go to church every Sunday, and nothing else. Others don't go to church, but offer personal sacrifice (not taking credit for other peoples money). I do ask you to show me where you see in the Bible where good deeds are what you are judged on. It's not there .We do good deeds to grow through trust of man, but this is only for our own personal growth, not our judgement.....Only putting Jesus first in your life will save you, ONLY JESUS can save you. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, let those who believe, the kindom of heaven awaits. Andrew you are a very good friend of mine, so I do not in any way dirrect any negativity to you. As you know I'm sure.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Deuteronomy 15:7

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.

Deuteronomy 15:11

There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Leviticus 19:10

Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 23:22

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 25:35

" 'If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.

Psalm 37:25-26

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.

Psalm 41:1-2

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.

Psalm 112:9

He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.

Proverbs 11:24-25

One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Proverbs 14:21

He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy.

The list goes on, all these talk about the essence of charity, bro I understand you, ONLY God can save no doubt about that but without charity our works mean less. Charity is not meant to be done in a vain manner, its meant to help people in need. YES, putting God first before all is the essence of truely loving God and looking for him. You know I am not arguing with you, just merely stating that charity does serve its purpose in a servant of God. I do not d things so that people say oh look at the "good things he does", cause personally I do not care what they think. All I care is what God thinks and that I please him in every way possible.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Deep post!
Yes the bible does talk about Charity Dan, regardless we are open cards; all that we do is shown to the people!
We all worship in different ways. Some go to church every Sunday, and nothing else. Others don't go to church, but offer personal sacrifice (not taking credit for other peoples money). I do ask you to show me where you see in the Bible where good deeds are what you are judged on. It's not there .We do good deeds to grow through trust of man, but this is only for our own personal growth, not our judgement.....Only putting Jesus first in your life will save you, ONLY JESUS can save you. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, let those who believe, the kindom of heaven awaits. Andrew you are a very good friend of mine, so I do not in any way dirrect any negativity to you. As you know I'm sure.
Deuteronomy 15:7

If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.

Deuteronomy 15:11

There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.

Leviticus 19:10

Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 23:22

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 25:35

" 'If one of your countrymen becomes poor and is unable to support himself among you, help him as you would an alien or a temporary resident, so he can continue to live among you.

Psalm 37:25-26

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed.

Psalm 41:1-2

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.

Psalm 112:9

He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.

Proverbs 11:24-25

One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.

Proverbs 14:21

He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy.

The list goes on, all these talk about the essence of charity, bro I understand you, ONLY God can save no doubt about that but without charity our works mean less. Charity is not meant to be done in a vain manner, its meant to help people in need. YES, putting God first before all is the essence of truely loving God and looking for him. You know I am not arguing with you, just merely stating that charity does serve its purpose in a servant of God. I do not d things so that people say oh look at the "good things he does", cause personally I do not care what they think. All I care is what God thinks and that I please him in every way possible.
Thank You Andrew.

TripDog,

You're entitled to your beliefs. And if you take offense at what I am trying to do, I apologize. The thing is though, I am not looking for a free ride as you'd prefer to think. You act as if I am not giving anything up for this. I am taking 5 unpaid days off work, to go to a place that is fairly dangerous, to live in a virtual hut and work 8-12 hour days for a cause I believe in. Maybe it's not what you consider giving, but to me... giving is something that should take something away from you. Not spare change, not something you no longer need. I am giving a piece of my life, a small piece of myself. It won't be the first time, and God willing it won't be the last.

Because I am trying to raise money to cover the cost, you have assumed that I haven't been saving up a large sum of money of my own that regardless of what I raise will either go to pay for someone else to come on the trip, or will go directly to the mission to buy stuff for the homeless children. You see, I am not doing any of this for myself. I am doing it for my God, my church, my faith, and people less fortunate than me.

I do none of this looking for salvation or redemption. I have my beliefs on how I will be getting to heaven and it is through Christ. I am doing this to show a little bit of Christ to a population who otherwise has been beaten down in life. If you're a Christian, maybe you'll agree that one of the greatest things you can accomplish in your life is introducing others to God and giving them the opportunity at salvation. I can say one thing, I know my life and my blessings here are not strictly for my personal enjoyment. I didn't earn a birth in the U.S. and everything I have any more than they earned a life in ruins; you said as much that you can't earn redemption or salvation...... so what would God have me do with all he has given me?

If you are a Christian; I think you'll agree that your opinion of me in this matter as well as any other is irrelevant and will do nothing to affect my life. But does judging others negatively affect yours in a positive manner?
We'll all be judged someday by the only one qualified to do so. In the mean time, I'll do my thing and you do yours.

Your brother in Christ,

Jammie

Rucksdaddy

Awards

Wow. So V is trying to do something good, and asks for a little assistance (as are many people in regards to Haiti from charities to grocery stores to phone companies). And your response is to cricitcize? You really must be the pillar of your community. Must be nice to hide behind a keyboard and criticize others who are willing to sacrifice their own time and $$ to help a nation that was just devastated. Real classy.

FNG

FNG

Banned
Awards
I want to say thank you for volunteering and trying to make a difference. I do think, however, that too many Americans are placing more emphasize on feeding the poor and helping in "other" countries and turning a blind eye to the population here in the States that desperately needs assistance. I do hope that more people will help their own Countrymen first. Regardless, kudos. My Unit raised over $10,000 in a weekend recently for local agencies, as well as $5,000 for the quake victims in Haiti.

And some donate money just for the T-Shirt "I helped somebody, so I am good!" ... just saying.

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
I believe there are websites that can be set up where people can make donations to your cause... Oh and halfway through this thread I thought I was on the 700club.com

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
This is a great thread.
------------------------------
I side with the "love your neighbour as yourself" Jesus stuff. For those that know about how church/missionary work is funded a request like this is not unusual.

Every empire for 2000 years needed Christianity ... except for the Mongols, Ottoman-Turk Empire and Communists. Actually thats quite alot. The communists didn't last very long but for the rest they tended to endure. Why? I dunno its something to do with unity.
------------------------
The real point is that alot of people are suffering right now. Is that it? Yep its that simple. A guy here decided he wanted to help people who are suffering. No strings its that simple. Great?

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Wow. So V is trying to do something good, and asks for a little assistance (as are many people in regards to Haiti from charities to grocery stores to phone companies). And your response is to cricitcize? You really must be the pillar of your community. Must be nice to hide behind a keyboard and criticize others who are willing to sacrifice their own time and $$ to help a nation that was just devastated. Real classy.
Appreciated, but it's no big deal.

I want to say thank you for volunteering and trying to make a difference. I do think, however, that too many Americans are placing more emphasize on feeding the poor and helping in "other" countries and turning a blind eye to the population here in the States that desperately needs assistance. I do hope that more people will help their own Countrymen first. Regardless, kudos. My Unit raised over $10,000 in a weekend recently for local agencies, as well as $5,000 for the quake victims in Haiti.

And some donate money just for the T-Shirt "I helped somebody, so I am good!" ... just saying.
Thank you. We spend a good chunk of personal cash, time, sweat and tears helping locally, as well as numerous other causes.... So trust me when I say I know that "need" doesn't only exist in 3rd world countries. What did you guys do to raise $10,000 in a single weekend?? That is phenomenal! Your use of "unit" makes me assume you're military. Thanks for what you do.

I believe there are websites that can be set up where people can make donations to your cause... Oh and halfway through this thread I thought I was on the 700club.com
Thanks for the idea.... I may look into it! lol on the 700 Club. Difference is, I really hope members here have greater than a 3" ROM on leg press (Pat Robertson) :D

This is a great thread.
------------------------------
I side with the "love your neighbour as yourself" Jesus stuff. For those that know about how church/missionary work is funded a request like this is not unusual.

Every empire for 2000 years needed Christianity ... except for the Mongols, Ottoman-Turk Empire and Communists. Actually thats quite alot. The communists didn't last very long but for the rest they tended to endure. Why? I dunno its something to do with unity.
------------------------
The real point is that alot of people are suffering right now. Is that it? Yep its that simple. A guy here decided he wanted to help people who are suffering. No strings its that simple. Great?
Thanks man. :thumbsup:

And to everyone, this wasn't intended to turn into a religious discussion, and as far as I am concerned- that aspect of it is now done.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You guys are a bunch of self-centered *******s. Just because you want help someone in need, you have to bring religion into it. Seriously, what the **** man? Why can't you just give money and help the people other there in need, without having to put your religious beliefs into their heads. It will not do them any good. Haiti has been in poverty way before the earthquake even struck. Crime problems, lack of food and education, etc. I think the last thing they need to worry about is not believing, in your religion. I am sorry, but religious beliefs do not magically make food appear before your eyes. You have to be educated to learn to obtain it. In contrast the bible doesn't teach you have to filter water or even how to cook food.

I am just saying, you can ask and do donations and actually physically help them if you want. But please, don't be an ******* and make it about religion. The country has been in poverty for most of its existence, religion will not help them. Food and education will.

Food will help, since you will not starve to death and will be able to have the energy to do something for yourself everything. You will have the energy to go outside and get an education. An education will lower the crime rate. Lower the crime rate, less disorder in the country, and people are generally more happy. With that education, you will be able to get a job and earn money. That money will buy you a place to live, food and medicine.

Most importantly, do this because you want to, not because some un-credible source of information, The Bible, says that you should. Basically, do this because you actually want to, not because it will help your spread you religion.

Also, about those verses. Neither of them mention anything about education. It only talks about money, there is more to poverty than money.

Give them only money, they will waste it. Give them an education, they will learn to use that money wisely.

Just to clarify, don't be an ******* and try to bring your religious views and beliefs in this. The country of Hatti is in ****ing poverty. That means there education and money is lacking, not there damn religion. By you bringing religion into this, you are doing no one any good. You need to bring education to these people. Education will help them get a job, earn money and obtain food. Religion doesn't do that. It just talks about how poverty is bad and giving is good. And that is all. What about the fact that religion teaches you to discriminate, *cough* homosexuality. Haha! Well played Christianity, well played.

Btw, why were you guys not in Hatti before the earthquake. I mean,

I don't see anything about, "Wait until the televised news tells me that I should do something about it."

Does not seem like you are "good" Christian after all. Waiting until someone tells you to help someone, rather than provide help when it was still need.

Think it through man, honestly, your views are pretty backwards. Some book should not tell you to be good. Good should come from the heart. From your own will to decided to help someone. If you wait until someone tells you to do something, then you are just a poser. Just a, "Oh look at me! I am helping too!"

I don't know much about the bible. But being a douchebag and helping someone only if it benefits you, doesn't seem like the best way to go about your life. And hopefully is not something acceptable to this heaven you speak of.
Man your posts are less than ridiculous. You do know that a majority of charity and good deeds come from religious organizations correct?

You don't like it, ****ing leave the thread. Don't be a jackass.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better yet Noot... go back to that thread and defend your stance on how supplements are more important than diet... you seem to do well with logic.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To your point(s) the Bible very clearly states that you should help your neighbor if at all possible and not to turn him away if you have the means to help him- in any way possible (Prov. 4:27-28). Prov. 19:17 also explains that if you help the poor, you are lending to God, and he will repay you......

He gives us the opportunity to help others- you either choose to or you don't- and Jammie is taking the opportunity to do so. This can be on all different levels- local, regional, national, international.....and to your example about the 7-11, this would fall under helping someone as well, as long as you are helping someone in need- there are no defined limits to what kind of help- it can be labor, money, clothing, food, just about anything pertinent to the situation.

As far as the country falling into a financial depression- you are correct- and there is one of several ways to help: offering education on household budgeting and finances, creating new jobs in our economy, bringing back certain industries and their related mfg. to the US via vertical integration of companies, creating responsible corporate finance and accountability, creating a government that does not handcuff small and mid-cap businesses with taxes and liabilities so they can create more jobs, the list of ways is endless.

My question to you is, are you currently doing anything personally to help others (not judging you, just asking)? If you are taking steps to do this, I commend you, and hope you will continue. If you aren't, I can be of assistance- there are numerous options to help alleviate the budding financial depression in this country. My wife and I teach a class on household budgeting and finance, and it helps individuals achieve financial freedom via getting rid of debt. There also several volunteer positions that I know of if you are interested in this area if you want to help some individuals with financial counseling, or even from a health aspect (since you have a background in this)- many impoverished individuals have poor nutrition/diet, and are setting themselves up for catastrophic health consequences down the road. All of this can help people in our back yard- like I said, if you are interested and haven't already taken steps to helping others, I can steer you in the right direction....

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth at times. This thread would be a good example of this. I apologize Lebane.

-Dan

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To your point(s) the Bible very clearly states that you should help your neighbor if at all possible and not to turn him away if you have the means to help him- in any way possible (Prov. 4:27-28). Prov. 19:17 also explains that if you help the poor, you are lending to God, and he will repay you......

He gives us the opportunity to help others- you either choose to or you don't- and Jammie is taking the opportunity to do so. This can be on all different levels- local, regional, national, international.....and to your example about the 7-11, this would fall under helping someone as well, as long as you are helping someone in need- there are no defined limits to what kind of help- it can be labor, money, clothing, food, just about anything pertinent to the situation.

As far as the country falling into a financial depression- you are correct- and there is one of several ways to help: offering education on household budgeting and finances, creating new jobs in our economy, bringing back certain industries and their related mfg. to the US via vertical integration of companies, creating responsible corporate finance and accountability, creating a government that does not handcuff small and mid-cap businesses with taxes and liabilities so they can create more jobs, the list of ways is endless.

My question to you is, are you currently doing anything personally to help others (not judging you, just asking)? If you are taking steps to do this, I commend you, and hope you will continue. If you aren't, I can be of assistance- there are numerous options to help alleviate the budding financial depression in this country. My wife and I teach a class on household budgeting and finance, and it helps individuals achieve financial freedom via getting rid of debt. There also several volunteer positions that I know of if you are interested in this area if you want to help some individuals with financial counseling, or even from a health aspect (since you have a background in this)- many impoverished individuals have poor nutrition/diet, and are setting themselves up for catastrophic health consequences down the road. All of this can help people in our back yard- like I said, if you are interested and haven't already taken steps to helping others, I can steer you in the right direction....
I volunteer my time as an EMT to help save peoples lives.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, you do that for free?
Yea, I spent Feb-Sept of last year in EMT-B, then right into EMT-I school. I did them back to back, then took Psych, and advanced Eng till Jan. I plan to attend Fire Fighting Academy once I get back to Florida in a month. I want to take it to the next level, so the 15 week full time schools they have is my next stop. Many EMT's volly, even if paid they don't make much. Basics make like 12 bucks hr. and Intermediates make like 14hr.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
My Unit raised over $10,000 in a weekend recently for local agencies, as well as $5,000 for the quake victims in Haiti.
What did you guys do to raise $10,000 in a single weekend?? That is phenomenal! Your use of "unit" makes me assume you're military.
he's a well endowed male stripper....

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I have a tendency to put my foot in my mouth at times. This thread would be a good example of this. I apologize Lebane.

-Dan
Class act Trip.

As far as the initial thread goes.

My financial gifts are given to my community, state, and country. In that order.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I volunteer my time as an EMT to help save peoples lives.
Awesome! It also sounds like you intend to take this further and become a fire fighter- so you will be in a profession that helps people day-in and day-out- that is very commendable. Like I said earlier- helping others comes in all shapes and sizes- and I am glad to see so many people in the spirit of kindness on this board.......

My mother-in-law is a volunteer EMT in VA (she is about to start PA school), and my wife is an RN- they both love helping people- keep up the great work!!!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome! It also sounds like you intend to take this further and become a fire fighter- so you will be in a profession that helps people day-in and day-out- that is very commendable. Like I said earlier- helping others comes in all shapes and sizes- and I am glad to see so many people in the spirit of kindness on this board.......

My mother-in-law is a volunteer EMT in VA (she is about to start PA school), and my wife is an RN- they both love helping people- keep up the great work!!!
Hey thanks , I initially went on to EMT-I as preperation for nursing school like my brother Trauma1. Intermediate EMT is advanced life support, so you learn how to give I.V's, injections, advanced airways (combi tubes, LMA's, etc.), med administration via I.V, inject, or through air tubes. After doing it , I realized I have way too much extra energy, and need more excitement than nursing. Nursing would bore me, so I plan to use the EMT knowledge as a base for Fire Fighting Academy. Most fire fighters are EMT's, or deal with many calls that involve advanced life support type situations. I know I am making a good choice, and look forward to the future. Cheers

FNG

FNG

Banned
Awards
Every paid FF in the US is required to be a Nationally Registered EMT (B, I, P), so you will be ahead in the recruit class. The level of EMT is whatever the local municipality calls for. Good luck with all of it, it's a proud profession.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
Class act Trip.

As far as the initial thread goes.

My financial gifts are given to my community, state, and country. In that order.
THis

with all due respect to lanbane , My concerns are more with my fellow countryman as well

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Hey thanks , I initially went on to EMT-I as preperation for nursing school like my brother Trauma1. Intermediate EMT is advanced life support, so you learn how to give I.V's, injections, advanced airways (combi tubes, LMA's, etc.), med administration via I.V, inject, or through air tubes. After doing it , I realized I have way too much extra energy, and need more excitement than nursing. Nursing would bore me, so I plan to use the EMT knowledge as a base for Fire Fighting Academy. Most fire fighters are EMT's, or deal with many calls that involve advanced life support type situations. I know I am making a good choice, and look forward to the future. Cheers
For what its worth...I had faith in you that you would come around Trip. Initially I was shocked...I was like that seemed a bit out of character to me as you came off as a bit of a knucklehead. However, at the same time you made some good points. Jammie is a great person and his intention was more of helping people in general, not to involve religious ideology.

Dan...I wish ya good luck with your future...being a fire fighter is no joke, but I believe you have what it takes. You are a class act like your brother John. :)

Jammie...I think some things just got taken out of context. Regardless, what your doing...kudos to you my friend. Actually, when I am in position to do so...I love helping people to.

Cheers!:cheers:

-Sean-