Adenergy

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone else seen the ad for Adenergy by Optimum. In bold letters across the top of the page it reads..."Add over 170lbs to your bench press in just 14 days with Adenergy!"...WTF...lol...:eek:

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I didn't see the ad, but after reading your post I've decided to buy 3 bottles, triple the reccommended dose, and add 510lbs to my bench press. :p

Mungz42

Awards
Read the ad carefully bro, They increased their one rep max, added 2 extra reps to their first of 3 sets and increased their total lifting volume by an avg. of
172 lbs per subject. That doesn't mean their BP went from 300 to 470 in 2wks. The total amt of wt. they were able to use in a BP workout increased 170 lbs. Need to read more than the headline in anything you read.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Ohh I read the entire ad, just thought that it was funny how they put that particular phrase in big bold letters at the top of the page..

Mungz42

Awards
Anything to get your attention. That's advertising. I'm putting a bottle to work this week, let you know how it works when I'm done.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
bump

fiddler

Awards
I didn't see the ad, but after reading your post I've decided to buy 3 bottles, triple the reccommended dose, and add 510lbs to my bench press. :p
knowing you, you'd stack it with 100mg of m4ohn/day :p , and lose 10lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs of muscle/day.

if your liver doesn't do a alien and burst out of your thorax then we will see you at the O next year!

fiddler

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
So is this stuff just complete bs or what? I've never known ON to make totally useless supps. I wouldnt think they would put something out that they knew was bs.

I guess the almighty $ is the bottom line though....

Nobody else has any experience with it?

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
knowing you, you'd stack it with 100mg of m4ohn/day :p , and lose 10lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs of muscle/day.

if your liver doesn't do a alien and burst out of your thorax then we will see you at the O next year!

fiddler
Why didn't I think of that!!!? :D I swear, you guys know me way too well. :rolleyes:

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
On another board I post on, one guy kept a very detailed log of it, and loved the stuff. He's a cardio nut, and said he had much more energy throughout the day, and not a jittery energry like from an ECA. He also said he had minor strength gains, but major gains in endurance, in both lifting and cardio.

If anyone is interested, I can dig it up and post it.

DougMan

Awards
There is a long list of negative feedback here:

http://www.1fast400.com/product_reviews.php?products_id=977

Yes, surprising that a good company like ON would go this route...but not that surprising.
The thing I hate about those reviews are that people post way too early. You will notice that some person there posted a review after 1 week. 1 week? These arent crack rocks (heck even crack takes longer than a week to ruin your life). This stuff could take a little while to take effect. You have to test it longer than a week to give it a negative review.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So even if you toss the best two and worst two reviews, you have a large chunk of very unfavorable user data. If you do a meta analysis of the feedback, it certainly is that Adenergy is B.S. I agree that review boards need to be taken with a grain of salt, but when the overwhleming consensus points in one direction, I feel I can form an opinion on it's efficacy. Look at a product like S1+, for instance. If there were only one or two reviews that said it was great, than I wouldn't think much of it. But once you get over 10, you're starting to get some significance.

And what in hell could possibly jusify the cost of this crap, other than the expensive marketing campaign? Maybe that's why it's called "AD"energy.

DougMan

Awards
Yea I agree with you. I was just mentioning a particular trend... not so much for adenergy. I cant believe the postive feedback on S1+... amazing. I guess that is what happens when you make a product that actually works.

I dont like supplements like "AD"energy because I feel a lot of it is placebo effect. If you need energy caffiene is cheap as heck and is proven to work. I dont think there is much reason to mess around with all this crazy jive. Whenever I hear something like this...

"More Lean Muscle: ADENERGY combines polyphenols and catechins (including EGCG), theophylline, caffeine, and ATP in precise proportions to support weight loss and help decrease fat mass."

Without a study or a reference it makes me wonder. "precise proportions" is a key phrase to a BS supplement. You can get a kilo of caffeine for the price of 1 bottle of this stuff. And I bet a lot of the eneregy boost you feel is from caffiene anyway.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Whats S1+ ? too many supps to keep up with...

n/m i looked it up

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wedgylx Supplements 4