What is YOUR "go to" supp that you refuse to do without?

R

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Other than protein supplements and DS/PH. What pill, mix, herb, cream, etc is a must have for YOU. And why?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Really depends on my goals a product i turn to often when i dont know what to use is Prime. Theres nothing i absolutely need just little things to aid in my everyday life and lifting.

b9cist

b9cist

Awards
Multivitamin- because I know I don't get all the nutrients I need from food.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Beat me to it. Multivitamin starts the base of supplements. Essential aminos come next.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Forgot that one i too dont get enough nutrients from my food so this is essential. My current Multi is MVP, but i got the MVP,ZMK stack so yipee:bigok:

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
NONE of those, beta-alanine/creatine/LCLT/PLCAR/GPLC nough said LOL

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
orange triad, WPI, and cissus

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
R

reptone

Awards
  • Established
poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Usually Cre02. Strength and endurance, with immune support. Awesome.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pfffttttt, I figured some juice was going to be spread... :rolleyes:

There's NO pill that I cannot live without; however, Migra Eeze by Life Extension is taken on a daily basis. As far as taking a multi-vitamin: NOTHING can beat Life Extension Mix Tablets with Extra Niacin, in my opinion.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't even want to have to think about being limited to just one supplement. :lol:

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that I think about this, I'd probably have to go with SLIN. If I was only allowed my basics and one other product, that would be it.

T

TinoZee

Awards
Coffee, Vitamin C & some form of creatine. I try to get the rest from food.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Animal Pak, MWF with food.
On Pro Complex

I havent gone without in YEARS.

I dont see how a mult-V and protein is not always listed.

Edit, I dont follow instructions well.:) I see the original post considered protein a given.

I would add in BCAA's, EAA's and Cycle Support depending on my goals at any given time. Though I dont run them year round.

Greek Elite

Greek Elite

Awards
Orange Triad for MV and joint help, and Purple Wraath. Got me through a very rough tackle football game this weekend. I was still going strong while most others were crashing :cool:

meathed

meathed

Awards
Oddly enough, a GNC sport vita-pak. Not that they are particularly special, I've just taken this for years now. Honestly, just about all GNC products are under-dosed and over priced.

I'm also a big vit. B complex junkie.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Protein Powder..been using it straight for 14 years.

D

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
For supplements, a good protein shake and creatine are number 1A and 1B for me. Add in a multivitamin, and I am all set.

Extras?

For pain: Aleve
For workout energy: coffee

S

simpleton

Banned
Awards
Pfffttttt, I figured some juice was going to be spread... :rolleyes:

There's NO pill that I cannot live without; however, Migra Eeze by Life Extension is taken on a daily basis. As far as taking a multi-vitamin: NOTHING can beat Life Extension Mix Tablets with Extra Niacin, in my opinion.
AOR?

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Torrent would be my pick. Recovery is so important and nothing else does the job as well.

R

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Some great answers/suggestions so far. Keep em coming.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I think my vote would go to Vitamin C as it is the best and most cost effective supp you can get, hormone support, anti-oxident, immune system, cortisol control etc, etc.

Next vote would go to Glutamine, as far as supps go next to my stims this has my vote, AMAZING recovery, minor GH increase, digesting, glucose purposes etc I love it!

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
Other than protein supplements and DS/PH. What pill, mix, herb, cream, etc is a must have for YOU. And why?
Vitamin C. Overall health maintenance, skin, hair, immune status. Cornerstone supp.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i like the libido boost i get from IGF-2. also the recovery and sleep so i'd go with that :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...As far as taking a multi-vitamin: NOTHING can beat Life Extension Mix Tablets with Extra Niacin, in my opinion.
Agree. Due to the price, I could only buy it at a relatively deep discount, especially during their Annual Sales. Used it for a few years.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
My Whey, and Casein protein powders.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not a very popular name ATM but, AXcell. It's great stuff.
What makes it great, Jim? I've really not seen too much feedback on it. I am a huge BCAA junkie, so your thoughts on it spark my curiosity. Wait, it is a BCAA product, correct?

J

jim623

What makes it great, Jim? I've really not seen too much feedback on it. I am a huge BCAA junkie, so your thoughts on it spark my curiosity. Wait, it is a BCAA product, correct?
Well, the Artic Berry taste pretty good, my endurance during my wo is increased, and recovery time is shortened substantially. It has a bit more than the norm 2:1 or 4:1 BCAA's on the market.

J

jim623

This stuff.
AFO-x Technology™! Advanced Fatigue Opposition, or AFO-x Technology™ was strategically designed to provide you with additional and advanced opposition against the crippling affects of fatigue-induced exercise failure. AFO-x Technology™ functions on a multitude of levels where it adds to the powerful anti-fatigue properties of BCAAs, and will be pivotal for taking your performance to that next level.

Fatigue is a crippling and limiting force that blunts maximum human performance and anabolic activation of muscle fibers. As you crank out the sets and reps, fatigue perception and toxins such as ammonia, lactic acid, and other nitrogen-based byproducts begin to accumulate inside your blood stream. As concentrations grow, these fatigue toxins wage a full scale brutal assault that results in a devastating loss of power, stamina, performance, and the ability to push forward. Ironically, it is at this very point when fatigue sets in, that you must overcome it in order to stimulate new muscle growth and force the body to adapt to a higher performance capability. So how do you get past this juggernaut of a roadblock?

Citrulline Malate:Citrulline Malate is a combination of two compounds that are naturally occurring in the body. Citrulline is a nonessential amino acid produced from glutamine. Citrulline plays a role in the Urea Cycle, a cycle that converts nitrogen based wastes, like ammonia, into urea to be removed from the body. So how does this benefit YOU? Ammonia and lactic acid build up can lead to severe fatigue, and excessive ammonia can be heavily toxic. When fatigue sets in, athletic performance is hindered and grinds to a halt! Malate acts as an intermediate in the Krebs cycle and is dehydrogenated to produce oxaloacetate. When oxaloacetate concentration levels decline, so too does the production of aerobic ATP, thus leading to lower levels of energy and performance.

Citrulline Malate plays a crucial role in crushing the competition. When fatigue sets in, the mind can be a greater adversary to overcome than the weights. However, supplementation with Citrulline Malate has proven to significantly reduce the feelings of fatigue! With ATP being a major source of fuel during exercise, Citrulline Malate dramatically enhances the rate of oxidative ATP production during exercise by 34%! Citruilline Malate can also increase the rate of phosphocreatine replenishment after exercise by 20% (7). And Citrulline Malate can also dilate your blood vessels the size of garden hoses by elevating blood plasma levels of endogenous L-arginine, thereby increasing levels of Nitric Oxide!

L-taurine: L-taurine, the second component of AFO-x Technology™, is the second most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue. It is involved in numerous metabolic reactions inside the body including its beneficial effects on the cardiovascular system, functioning as a neurotransmitter (8), and maintaining cell membrane stability. Taurine’s contributions to AFO-x Technology™ are wide ranging and highly beneficial. First, taurine is one of the most abundant amino acids found in the heart muscles. It is very beneficial to the heart and cardiovascular system (9), a system that is vital to any level of athletic performance. Taurine can also act as a potent antioxidant (10). During exercise, consumption of oxygen can increase by a factor greater than 10 (11). This results in a large increase of oxidant production, resulting in damage contributing to muscular fatigue both during exercise and post workout. In fact, supplementing with taurine has been shown to prevent oxidative stress created by exercise (12). And, some evidence suggests that taurine may even be necessary for skeletal muscle to function normally (13)!

Glucuronolactone (DGL): The final component of AFO-x Technolgoy™ is Glucuronolactone (aka DGL), a naturally occurring compound created by the metabolism of glucose in the liver. Contributing to AFO-x Technology™ is DGL’s effect on glycogen. DGL may have a significant effect on the synthesis of glycogen while simultaneously protecting an athlete’s glycogen stores (14). Glycogen is the primary source of energy for the body, allowing muscles to ferociously contract over and over without fatiguing. The more glycogen that is synthesized and retained, the greater the energy resources YOU will have to call upon, thus delaying the onset of fatigue. DGL also has many other beneficial effects for the athlete. DGL is believed to have protective effects on the liver, improving the physical state and function of the liver while reducing damaging effects (14). It is an important structural component of nearly all connective tissues, including tendons, ligaments, and cartilage. Therefore it may help to improve the elasticity and tensile strength of cartilage, as well as help protect the tendons and ligaments of hard training athletes. Greater protection and maintenance of these connective tissues allows for superior and prolong performance. And DGL may also help hormones to be freed up in the liver, allowing for greater use of endogenously produced hormones (15,16).

Achieve Superior Absorption Through LPC, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C.As you have seen, Axcell™ is driven by a mega-dose of powerful ingredients. But what good does that mega-dose do you if your body can’t absorb it? LPC (Lysophosphatidyl Choline), Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C greatly increase the absorption of the BCAAs into the blood stream. Enhanced absorption capabilities backed by superior utilization of ingested proteins makes Axcell™ the perfect training partner!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought this stack, though I haven't run it yet. You like??
Absolutely. Used properly and diligently it will transform the way your body process carbohydrates and/or utilize adipose for fuel.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah Essentials has a lot of the Staples in it. Pretty cost effective when you think of all the stuff you don't have to buy.