Carnivor: Beef Protein

joelast

joelast

Awards
Was wondering if anyone has tried or heard anything about Musclemeds produce carnivor. I read Kai Greene's column in MD a few months ago and he said he would substitute it for red meat sometimes when on a cut. What are the benefits of taking a beef protein produce as opposed to a whey/casein mix throughout the day?

Tobinho

Awards
It looks interesting. I can't find the amino acid profile anywhere, although it says there are added BCAAs, anyone have it? Also, what is the comparative bv value against whey?

It's lower in fat, carbs and calories than whey proteins and has added creatine. It might be a decent idea to use it for one protein shake a day but I reckon the bv is likely to be far lower than whey so it wouldn't be a good choice immediately pre or post workout.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Obviously this is just a first reaction from me. I dont know about anybody else, but if i want beef protein, Im slapping some grass fed beef on the grill. Im 40 years old, Ill be damned if I m eatting beef in lquid form:soapbox:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Obviously this is just a first reaction from me. I dont know about anybody else, but if i want beef protein, Im slapping some grass fed beef on the grill. Im 40 years old, Ill be damned if I m eatting beef in lquid form.

LMAO!
i work at 5 guys, so i get my share of red meat when im workin. its like 50g protein for a burger and free when im on the clock :)

Tobinho

Awards
I wasn't intending this stuff to replace beef. :D More like to replace one whey shake a day.

Part of the Carnivor marketing blurb is that it contains loads of beef protein without the fat... if you value beef protein then this can give you a lot unless you can afford (in money or physique) to eat pounds and pounds of beef every day.

Anyhow, it mixes well and the Blue Raspberry flavor tastes good. It's not thick like a dairy-based protein shake, it's like drinking juice. The powder is extremely fine though and seems to get everywhere.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
LMAO!
i work at 5 guys, so i get my share of red meat when im workin. its like 50g protein for a burger and free when im on the clock :)
5 guys ROCKS, I ate myself yesterday 3 hamburgers, expensive though LOL

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im using Carnivor right now. Taste is OK at best but who cares i guess. It gets a lil frothy on top and doesnt mix too good. By the nutrition label the stuff is lean as hell 116 cal to 23g of protien everything else is like zero.

So to me its a good any time shake for protein boost plus this stuff is 5g creatine a serving. A unique product i recommend it. I woulndt replace whey with it though, although currently i dont have any so its all i take.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
5 guys ROCKS, I ate myself yesterday 3 hamburgers, expensive though LOL
wow. thats like 18 bucks! for that much you could half a thing of carnivore! lol

if i ever go on a diet im gona eat the fries for breakfast. something about them makes them the most potent appetite suppressant ever. i can eat literally 5 fries, go on break 2 hours later and have to force a burger down my throat. usually if i just eat one burger tho, im more hungry after im done eating it than when i first started.

but as far as this protein goes, i would buy it. just stick to the basics and go for regular food. chicken and turkey dont have many calories. i think deer is also a better alternative. supposed to be a lot leaner. my whole family hunts so im always stocked up :)