JW....Straight up how many pounds did you gain???

How many lbs?

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • 1-3

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 4-6

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 7-10

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 10+

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
I am starting an 8 weeker of JW in a few weeks and want to know how many lbs did you gain on the cycle? I find very few threads that actually say how much was gained. Did you eat to bulk? If so, how much more than maintenance or how much more than a natty bulk, if at all? Did you do a light PCT or anything? Did you lose any gains after the cycle was over? Lean out or retain the same BF%?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I used the original back-in the day for a pct after the original PP.

I think I did 6 weeks but can't remember.

I didn't gain much; I think around 4-5lbs but I was eating below caloric level (1000 cals below weekly).
Also, I never noticed much, if any, strength loss during those 6weeks. I actually set a new maximum on bench during this time, albeit, just 10lbs more.

I ran it with powerful, and toremifene, and a crap load of fenu for 4 weeks then continued JW for 2 more weeks...

This was a few yrs ago. There's tons I don't remember though so take this with a grain of salt.

Edit for caloric correction.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I used the original back-in the day for a pct after the original PP.

I think I did 6 weeks but can't remember.

I didn't gain much; I think around 4-5lbs but I was eating below caloric level (1000 cals below weekly).
Also, I never noticed much, if any, strength loss during those 6weeks. I actually set a new maximum on bench during this time, albeit, just 10lbs more.

I ran it with powerful, and toremifene, and a crap load of fenu for 4 weeks then continued JW for 2 more weeks...

This was a few yrs ago. There's tons I don't remember though so take this with a grain of salt.

Edit for caloric correction.
the original was a pro hormone and shouldn't have been used for pct. it was stated as all natural but i think later found out that it contained ingredients not labled. so the experience with the old and new version won't be the same

Azaloth

Awards
Yes, the original was improperly marketed as an all natural supp when it was in fact a pro hormone, ALRI lost me forever as a customer because of that nonsense. I don't recommend that anyone supports a company that is not honest about the ingredients their products contain.

jfk

Awards
I used the newer version a few months back and responded really well to it. Initial gains were about 8 pounds. A few pounds were water since JW makes you very thirsty. I ended up keeping like 6 pound since I ran a very mild pct of 6 oxo....mainly because of the reports that the maker wasn't so honest in disclosing the actives. I ran 3 pills a day, bumping to 4 for a week. Started to get itchy at 4 so I dropped back down to 3 with no problems after that.

Post cycle, I kept most of the strength, but lost some endurance. Headaches can become a problem because it makes you hypo....carb up an hour after you take it to prevent headaches....bananas are great because they have carbs and potassium to prevent headaches

I ate above maintenence, roughly 4000 to 4500 calories/day. I didn't lean out on the JW, but did on the 6-oxo, so it worked out pretty well in that respect. Ran the 6 oxo 300/200/100. Like many people have said, ARLI isn't honest, and I won't buy from them again. Run it, have some mild pct planned to be on the safe side. Good luck.

bryan101b

bryan101b

Banned
Awards
just so y'all know, both the old version, and what you call "new" version, contain the same anabolic steroid in it.

but before they did list it, but it was listed as 17a-methyl-5a-dehydroetiocholane-4,6-dien-3-one-17-ol no one knew what it was, and now they list it as ADED. they are both the same thing. and it is still marketed as an all natural compound.
im not 100% sure, but I think it is in a way, similar to 6-bromo, in small dosages, acts as an A.I. but in higher dosages, has an anabolic effect. not sure what ever came of that thread where P. arnold said 6-bromo can convert into a steroid 2x more anabolic than test causing false blood readings of elevated test.
but anyways,

here is a letter found here on am I c&p'd on bb.com a while back in my pct info thread.

Originally Posted by ALRI
Please let me get this straight. ...

... Now, JW has an analog of ATD in it called 17a-methyl-5a-dehydroetiocholane-4,6-dien-3-one-17-ol = 6-dehydromethyltestosterone. It certainly could have anabolic value if dosed pretty high but certainly not comparable to D-Bol any more than 11-oxo-Testosterone is an illegal hard core steroid just because it is a testosterone analog. ....

1) D-bol= 17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-1,4-androstadien-3-one (1-dehydromethyltestosterone)

2) Boldenone= 1,4-androstadiene-3-one-17β-ol

3) Oral turinabol= 4-chloro-17?-hydroxy-17a-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one (4-dehydromethyltestosterone)

4) ATD=1,4,6-androstratrien-3,17-dione

5) JW compound =17a-methyl-5a-dehydroetiocholane-4,6-dien-3-one-17-ol = 6-dehydromethyltestosterone (JW compound)

this whole debate started after people reported gyno and natty test shut down from using an AI= aromatase inhibitor (shouldnt be producing gyno side effects)

ive been doing ALOT of research after getting JW<-didnt take it (thank god)

"JW = ADED = 6-dehydromethyltestosterone, which is 40% as androgenic and 60% as anabolic as methyltestosterone, mg per mg"
-----------
on a side note, this compound should work well, and depening on you as an individual, will depend on results, side effects. but just know, it isn't all natural. if you want ph/ps/ds effects, go with bold/tren(dienelone)/hd etc....

also, research pct info before going this route, just to be on the safe side.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
gains

JFK,

How much over your maintenance was that? Any fat gain? Are you endo or ecto?

SIDE NOTE:

I have read the millions of threads about JW and its shady ingredients. I would prefer for people not to jack the thread with these arguments. I do appreciate the concerns, but you are beating a dead horse. I just want to know what people gained, who actually took the product. Thanks.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
JFK,

SIDE NOTE:

I have read the millions of threads about JW and its shady ingredients. I would prefer for people not to jack the thread with these arguments. I do appreciate the concerns, but you are beating a dead horse. I just want to know what people gained, who actually took the product. Thanks.
well people can't assume that you know that information.

jfk

Awards
JFK,

SIDE NOTE:

I typically eat at least 3000 calories a day for maintenence. I'm pretty much an ecto build....not looking like it as much anymore, but I have an ecto metabolism still. Got some fat/water gain. Very minimal though.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
the original was a pro hormone and shouldn't have been used for pct. it was stated as all natural but i think later found out that it contained ingredients not labled. so the experience with the old and new version won't be the same
Yes, I know this, however, i purchased it in a presale. This was WELL before it was known to contain a proH, also, I did blood work about 2 weeks after my 6 week run as a pct and EVERYTHING was in order, this including endocrinologist blood work.

I have no idea if the powerful, and fenu, plus toremifene stemmed some of the "negatives" of a very WEAK proH from JW or not...however, I had no ill effects after pct'ing with it. Believe me, I am/was well versed in the anabolic field, so I wouldn't recommend someone else do what I did; however, it's your life not mine.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I used it with BAM to get strength, but ended up losing fat % and feeling wonderful. I ate right at 3500 calories a day, and couldn't gain any more fat than I already had. That stuff causes aches in the joints if you don't consume enough carbs with each dose. I learned the hard way. And the methyl part I was aware about before I purchased or used.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of how it was marketed, it is a kick @ss product. Just do your research.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
stats

babyhulk,

What is your age, height, weight? I am trying to get an idea of how many calories I should eat. I've been doing 3300 at 5"11, 195-200lbs, 20 year old (21 in a month) endo, 15%bf. This is a natty bulk, no cardio routine (besides life and work) and I'm gaining about .25lbs a week (not 100% muscle).

Typical gains on this stuff seems about 5-8lbs. Doing the math, that would be about 3750 calories to gain that much. Were you guys really eating like 750cals over maintenance? I'm at 15%+ and I can't really afford to put on much more fat and still look good. I could do scheduled low intensity cardio, but I havent done that since the summer (only use cardio to cut). So that would kinda of screw up my idea of how much calories I need to gain because I'm so used to not doing actual "gym" cardio.

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
6ft.,225 lbs., 18%. While I was on that stack, I lost about 1-2% bodyfat, but my weight didn't reflect that change as much because it was mostly fat I lost. I was doing 3 days HIIT weight training, and 2 days cardio for 30min-40min. I firmly believe that if I would've increased my caloric intake, while decreasing the cardio, I could've had some pretty good gains. I am also an endo.

jfk

Awards
If you're worried about wanting to bulk but not gain fat then cardio seems like the best thing. Plan it on your days off from lifting, so you ensure you have caloric excess when hypertrophy is enduced.

srx600

srx600

Awards
  • Established
just started

Just took my first cap. How long before this stuff "kicks in"? Like 2 weeks?

fayd

Awards
Best strength gains come week 3 generally. But you'll start feeling it after about 1 week. Probably get a raging sex drive for a few weeks and better pumps. Then mass'll really pile on end of week two til week six or however long u run it. That's my exp anyways. I took the original though, supposedly stronger.

json75

Awards
I truly think that Restore is a better product over JW (sorry for subject change).

JW made my joints hurt like hell, but worst of all it destroyed my libido.

Restore gave me better gains (standalone), made me feel better and improved my libido.

JW gave me 1-2 pounds.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Starting a bottle of Restore with around maintenance calories. Excited about this. I would recommend by the ingredients to go for Restore as opposed to JW :)

fayd

Awards
Starting a bottle of Restore with around maintenance calories. Excited about this. I would recommend by the ingredients to go for Restore as opposed to JW :)
Recommending based on the ingredients is silly w/ ALRI. There's a thread at bb.com which states that PA found andro of some form in restore when he tested it. And hell JW of course has the old 6dmt in it. Personally, I'd go w/ JW, if I had to choose. It's at least been used with success and some relative safety by ppl.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Recommending based on the ingredients is silly w/ ALRI. There's a thread at bb.com which states that PA found andro of some form in restore when he tested it. And hell JW of course has the old 6dmt in it. Personally, I'd go w/ JW, if I had to choose. It's at least been used with success and some relative safety by ppl.
Im well aware of the episode of the DMT which was found in JW a while back, personally I found it disappointing and wouldn't have touched any more ALRI products again, but Restore had some solid reviews, and the ingredient profile looks quite solid too this is why im running a bottle in 2 days time.

Anyway I dont want to take this thread off topic, just sharing an opinion on trying Restore instead of JW :)

Thanks

theotherone55

theotherone55

Awards
I have some serious NEGATIVE feelings about JW.I remember when they stated the ALL-NATURAL claim on it....i took it, leaned out while getting stronger...then proceded to test positive on a NCAA DRUG TEST.If you don't know, when a NCAA athlete tests positive for a substance like that...uhh, its a baad thing. Suspended for a year. Had to call my parents and explain the situation...seriously one of the toughest things in my life was telling my teammates and parents about this.Kinda over it now but believe me i sent a ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE letter to ALRI and of course they shrugged it off like it was nothing.