supplement to prevent the feeling of needing to puke after workout?

diezel

Awards
  • Established
Is there a supplement that will help you not feel so sick after an intense workout?

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Oxygen via partial rebreathing mask, aminos sipped during workout.. beta alanine. Honestly its like your body is saying "enough!" and your saying "fk that im a beast" then your body is like "oh beast eh, how do you like THIS!"... "yack".

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Testicles?

Haha, no, I'm not sure. Maybe some ginger or 5htp. It's probably just lactic acid building up. The ill effects should decrease over time.

diezel

Awards
  • Established
Oxygen via partial rebreathing mask, aminos sipped during workout.. beta alanine. Honestly its like your body is saying "enough!" and your saying "fk that im a beast" then your body is like "oh beast eh, how do you like THIS!"... "yack".
hahaha exactly

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
If you have to, I say go ahead and puke. It's the quickest way to make that feeling go away

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
yah, the thing i do is albuterol, but i got asthma so i can get it :p
its more of lack of oxygen than anything i think, at least thats how it is for me, right after lifting i usually have muscle milk, a couple times its come up again.....i think its good, means you had a good day in the gym, and your gunna be f*cking sore the next day lol

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
I would just puke then go back to pumpin iron like a f*ckin beast!!!!!

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
protein helps- will even out the acidic ph in your body- most whey proteins are fortified with calcium- I get a really bad stomach ache/"pukey" feeling most days after/during my training- I train a LOT of lower body/dynamic strength/sprinting/plylos/core so this is pretty commonplace- carbs during your workout help as well- any type of simple carb or maltodextrin will even this out as well

also- too many stims will make this a LOT worse- so keep that in mind....you have the tendency to overexert while on them...

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
also- too many stims will make this a LOT worse- so keep that in mind....you have the tendency to overexert while on them...
This was what I was going to say as well. A lot of pre-workout products raise your blood pressure, and when things lead to things, nausea is common. Sometimes when I'm lagging I'll have some coffee, and even too much of that will bring on some lightheadedness during and after the workouts.

If it's really bad, and you're taking some sort of stimulant pre-workout, drop the stimulants completely and see how you feel.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe working on improving your cardio a bit would help with the weight lifting recovery.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I only feel sick if I take my creatine and/or eat too close to my workout. And sometimes heavy deads..

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Getting sick during workout is usually caused by two main reasons.

1. Lactic acid

2. Low blood sugar

Try an intra-workout BA drink WITH added carbs... The added carbs are important.

On a personal note, on my first workout EVER my father took me to the gym and made me puke doing legs then said "If you survive he pain you are going to be in this week then you can get through any workout. If you don't puke doing legs then get the hell out of the gym!"

He is kinda nuts though...he also said if he ever saw me with weight lifting gloves he would punch me square in the face...

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
great advice. i used to feel like crap after lifting and not wanting to eat or drink post workout recovery shake. but taking xtend and make sure you eat properly during the day and pre workout will get rid of this. u just need more fuel for the fire so to speak

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Getting sick during workout is usually caused by two main reasons.

1. Lactic acid

2. Low blood sugar

Try an intra-workout BA drink WITH added carbs... The added carbs are important.

On a personal note, on my first workout EVER my father took me to the gym and made me puke doing legs then said "If you survive he pain you are going to be in this week then you can get through any workout. If you don't puke doing legs then get the hell out of the gym!"

He is kinda nuts though...he also said if he ever saw me with weight lifting gloves he would punch me square in the face...
your dad sounds pretty cool :D

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
i wish my dad were that cool when i was young, instead he was a d*ck :(
but hey if it werent for him i wouldnt be as big as i am now, hell i wouldnt have ever went to the gym!

EDIT: yeah ginger helps with feeling like crap, it always help me 500 m with Breakfast, lunch, and diner.....super cheap to

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wish my dad were that cool when i was young, instead he was a d*ck :(
but hey if it werent for him i wouldnt be as big as i am now, hell i wouldnt have ever went to the gym!

EDIT: yeah ginger helps with feeling like crap, it always help me 500 m with Breakfast, lunch, and diner.....super cheap to
Cool? Ha...

He made me do full out sets on calves without any warning...

i went to work with him and I could not relax my calves so i had to walk on my tip toes in a half squat position for a 12 hour day doing manual labor. He then got all the guys in the office to look at me and quack like a duck and yell random jokes about how I got ****ed in the ass... I was 15 ha

just93

just93

Awards
  • Established
hahaha that sucks dude, no my dad is not cool, wish i had one a cool as yours, but one day my partner (before he moved to NY :() made me work so hard i couldnt get up the damn gym stairs lol, it seriously sucked, people look at me like i was retarded lol, cant say i have had as embarrassing of an incident of you, thats bad.........duck boy qquuuaaaccckkk! lol