Have to take a break from supps and lifting.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Another set back this year.

Earlier this year/late last year I was lifting heavy and got hit with a stomach virus. C. Diff. to be exact. I went from 190 to about 160 in a matter of a month or so. Once recovered I got back to about 195 butmore fat then I wanted. I started working out harder and was getting back into a shape near where I wanted or at least happy with in the amount of time.

I recently ordered White Flood and XTend. I was on that for 2 weeks and loving it. Well last Sunday I got a very bad pain. It was appendicitis. Had that removed last Monday and now I don't know how long until I can resume exercising and lifting.

This sucks but will give me more determiniation once back in the gym.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
Another set back this year.

Earlier this year/late last year I was lifting heavy and got hit with a stomach virus. C. Diff. to be exact. I went from 190 to about 160 in a matter of a month or so. Once recovered I got back to about 195 butmore fat then I wanted. I started working out harder and was getting back into a shape near where I wanted or at least happy with in the amount of time.

I recently ordered White Flood and XTend. I was on that for 2 weeks and loving it. Well last Sunday I got a very bad pain. It was appendicitis. Had that removed last Monday and now I don't know how long until I can resume exercising and lifting.

This sucks but will give me more determiniation once back in the gym.

Dang man, Im sorry to hear that. We'll keep you motivated though!:clean:

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
My ex girlfriend had an appendectomy and was fully recovered in around 1 month. Keep your head up bro, keep eating clean and use the time off to rest and recover. Also, she felt fine after about 2 weeks, the wound wasnt sore anymore or anything so light lifting or moderate cardio like walking might be ok at that point, but be sure to ask you doctor first.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You will get back to form very quickly when you come back, I am training my son and he was out of it for about 16 months and after 5 weeks he's gotten back a lot of what he lost. Amazing really.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Use the rest to your advantage. Stay on the boards and research new exercise programs and techniques.

You have some more time until Prime is released too, so it's all good. We're holding off for you!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I agree! Use this time to reevaluate your game plan and also to rest up, you'l come back when your healed and dominate the weights!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sorry to hear that bro! I was in the same boat last summer, I'd spent years working on my physique and then I got E Coli on a business trip in Guadalajara...went from 195 to 167 in less than a month.

don't sweat it, it comes back pretty fast! a year later I'm up to 198 and leaner than I was when I got sick.

Good luck man, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've taken about a year off due to illnesses, constant work issues and my 20 month old daughter takes the rest of my energy.

It really isn't that big of a deal IMO. The weights will always be there when you get back on your feet. I view it as a new and very big challenge to get my strength and size back.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i'm just into finishing my 4th week off after i got a ready bad case of the flu and i'm thinking about taking a 5th week off.

I feel heaps better for it as i train hard and use stims so it's good to give the neuro's a rest as well.

Breaks are good in the long term picture.

stay positive

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Dang... exercise is the only thing now that's keeping me going. I train myself and I train others. If something happened where I couldn't train I'd fall apart... If I had something happen that I dramatically lost weight or became weak/feeble... I think I'd slip into some comatose depression.