Strategicmove’s Partly Sponsored IGF-2/Drive/DCP/Shred-XS HC/Lipo-PM/RPM Stack Log

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strategicmove’s Partially Sponsored IGF-2/Drive/DCP/Shred-XS Hardcore/Lipotrophin-PM/RPM (maintenance dose) Recomp+Endurance+Strength Stack Log

Start: Sunday, December 9th, 2007
Planned End: Wednesday, March 5th, 2008
Total Duration: About three straight months.

Vital Statistics (Sunday, December 9th, 2007):

Height (m): 1.9
Height (ft) 6.3
Weight (kg): 109.4
Weight (lbs): 241.1
Body Fat (%): 30.2
Muscle (%): 33.1
Water (%): 48.0

Objectives:
1) The core objective of this stack is to secure significant body recomposition. More specifically, my target is a 10%-point reduction in BF% over a three-month time span.
2) Dramatic increase in muscle mass to about 38% to 40% (from current 33.1%), following drop in body fat
3) Noticeable increases in endurance, strength, muscle fullness and density, and vascularity.

Success Criteria (Important Things to Measure During the Stack):
- Dramatic Improvements in Thermogenesis and Lipolysis
- Increase in Lean Mass
- Increases in Strength
- Improvement in Endurance
- Improved Muscle Fullness and Density
- Improved Vascularity
- Increased Anti-Catabolism

Frequency of Body Parameter Measurements:
I will measure my Weight, BF%, Lean Mass %, and Body Water % once a week on Fridays.

Frequency of Log Update:
Minimum of three times a week.

Overall Comments:
My workout will consist of weight training and cardio. I will do cardio three times a week, preferably prior to workout (for warm up) and at the end of my workout. I will not report on the amount of tonnage I move in the gym, nor would I go into details of the different exercises that I would do every day, and the amount of reps per exercise per body part. I will do full-body, not split, training. The key for me is to ensure my base metabolic rate stays elevated, and to ensure the existence of supportive conditions for anabolism.

I will eat three meals per day.

I would like to thank Dirk/Dan and the rest of the team at AN for making my stack feasible at this level of convenience. Many thanks!

Products in my Stack:
- IGF-2 (altogether 1 080 capsules would be required for 90 days at 12 capsules per day. Applied Nutriceuticals graciously sponsored 840 capsules)
- DCP
- Drive
- Lipotrophin-PM
- Shred-XS Hardcore
- RPM (maintenance dose of 2 capsules per day only). Applied Nutriceuticals sponsored one bottle.

Other supplements to be used daily: Multivitamins, BCAAs, EAAs, Whey-Soy Protein, Leusteron (a blend of Leucine and ß-Ecdysterone), Omega-3 Fish Oil, CoQ10, ZMK, Now Natural Resveratrol, Forskolin, NOW Silymarin, and an Acetyl-L-Carnitine/Alpha Lipoic Acid blend.

I will add Somnidren-GH and additional green tea (Tea-GCG caps) in the course of my log. I have ordered Post Cycle Support for the versatile benefits of Trans-Resveratrol and would consider how to fit it in this log in the course of time. By the way, the stack does not require any post-cycle therapy!

Justification for the choice of products in stack:

Achieving significant body recomposition, preserving (and enhancing) lean mass, increasing endurance, strength, and vascularity are complex but intertwined processes and outcomes. Consequently, a broad approach is required. In order to achieve these outcomes, some of the important metabolic processes to be triggered include, but is not limited to:
1) cAMP boosting, cGMP boosting, muscle contractions, endurance, strength (achieved by icariin, rhodiola, forskolin, dodder seed, methlyxanthine/caffeine, naringin/naringenin, cordyceptic acid, ashwagandha, ginseng, OPC. Compounds are contained in Drive, RPM, IGF-2, Shred-XS Hardcore)
2) Glucocorticoid antagonism / prolactin inhibition / growth-hormone release / testosterone modulation (achieved by icariin via increased dopamine, rhodiola via increased dopamine and serotonin, mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa), phenylethylamine, bacopa monnieri, safed musli. Compounds are in Drive, RPM, IGF-2, Lipotrophin-PM, Shred-XS Hardcore)
3) Glycogen and creatine-phosphate boosting / insulin modulation (rhodiola, corosolic acid (banaba extract), mucuna pruriens. Compounds in IGF-2, Lipotrophin-PM)
4) Protein synthesis (icariin, green tea extract. Compounds in Drive, RPM, Lipotrophin-PM)
5) Aromatase Inhibition (Icariin, OPC, Naringin/naringenin. Compounds in Drive, RPM)
6) Thyroid metabolism, fat metabolism, appetite modulation (bacopa monnieri, green tea extract via CCK, forskolin, tetradecylthioacetic acid, salvia miltiorrhiza, propionyl-l-carnitine, phenylethylamine, synephrine, theobromine, raspberry ketones, hordenine, caffeine. Compounds in Drive, RPM, DCP, Shred-XS Hardcore, Lipotrophin-PM).
7) Adrenal support (Ashwagandha, Ginseng. Compounds in Shred-XS Hardcore).

My Supplementation Protocol:

Non-Workout Days (Non-Gym Days)

Before Breakfast (empty stomach):
6 IGF-2

About 45 Minutes Before Lunch (On Empty Stomach):
5 Lipotrophin AM
5 DCP
3 Shred-XS Hardcore
2 Forskolin (10mg each)

Before Dinner (empty stomach and about 45 minutes before dinner):
5 Drive
2 RPM (maintenance dose)
4 DCP

Before Sleep (30 - 45 minutes; empty stomach):
6 IGF-2
2 ZMK
2 ALCAR/ALA (1 000mg ALCAR and 600mg ALA)

Workout Days (Gym Days)

Before Breakfast (empty stomach):
6 IGF-2

About 45 Minutes Before Lunch (On Empty Stomach):
5 Lipotrophin AM
5 DCP
3 Shred-XS Hardcore
2 Forskolin

Before Workout (empty stomach and about 45 - 60 minutes before workout):
5 Drive
2 RPM
4 DCP

Immediately after workout:
6 NO3 Overload

Before Sleep (30 - 45 minutes; empty stomach):
6 IGF-2
2 ZMK
2 ALCAR/ALA (1 000mg ALCAR and 600mg ALA)

Results and Comments:

Day 1 (Sunday, December 9th, 2007)

I took the stack as listed above for a non-workout day. This is the first day of full supplementation after three days of ramping up.

Dramatic Improvements in Thermogenesis and Lipolysis
I felt the supplements working in my system. I felt the need to drink more often than usual. I did notice some slight bloating, though. Nothing bothersome, yet noticeable. During the day, I did feel the supplements working. I did not really feel much in terms of thermogenesis, as I did not register a noticeable change in body temperature.

Appetite Suppression
This is dramatic. I hardly felt any need to eat anything in-between meals. I noticed I lacked a ravenous appetite. Yet, I tried to eat enough protein, carbs, and fats with every meal.

Increase in Lean Mass
This is too early to tell. Reliable results should start emerging after the first week or so.

Increases in Strength and Endurance
I felt strong with a clearer drive to attack some of the chores that I would usually prefer to postpone.
I did feel some improvement in endurance, especially when I clear a flight of stairs without a change in the rhythm of my breathing.

Improved Muscle Fullness and Density
Nothing unusual occurred here. But the real test should be a gym environment.

Improved Vascularity
While a workout should produce more noticeable results, it is still fair to say that this is also a function of BF%. Lower BF% should reveal more vascularity.

Increased Anti-Catabolism
This will become clearer when I step on a scale. Changes in the percentage of muscle mass should clarify this.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Awesome, SM!

I will be following this one for sure!

SuBBeD!!

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ha-Ha!!! Stragpedia! Dude, that sooo fits him; It's amatter of time before a great company picks this man up - If I could, I would. He's a great addition to this board!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thank god at least I now know you aren't muscular + ripped (yet)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am in good luck bro was only a few short years ago i was 30+% bf go get'um:head:
Will do! The annoying thing, though, is that I do not look fat in any way. I like my frame. Not ripped and dry, which is not my goal, yet pronounced. I can see the outline of my abs, but the ridges are not well-defined (yet). I expect to end up with about 20% - 22% BF with my current stack within three months. Mid-to-long-term, I'll be very satisfied with about 18% BF. I would not aim for less than that. I hear someone saying "Wait until you hit 18% BF, you'll definitely want to go lower!". May be. But let's get there first!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 2 - 5 (Monday, December 10th – Thursday, December 13th)

Thermogenesis (increase in metabolic rate) was not noticeable. While this is not to deny its occurrence, I did not notice an increased propensity to sweat during the day. Night sweating was more likely, although this could have been due to the winter heating in my room. Lipolysis (an increase in the rate at which fat is expelled from the body) was definitely present.

The slight post-DCP bloat was still noticeable. I supposed my body was still getting used to the product.

Appetite Suppression
Appetite suppression remained significant.

Increase in Lean Mass
This is too early to tell. What was more significant was the anti-catabolism and muscle-mass preservation.

Improvements in strength and endurance are noticeable. In general, I felt as though I had a spare set of lungs!

Muscles looked full and dense. A fullness that is not related to fluid retention.

Improved Vascularity
Lower BF% should reveal more vascularity. I should report more on this when my BF% improves.

This was clear. Considering that I did not consume any supplemental BCAAs during this period, this result must be attributable to the supplements in my stack.

Overall comment
Overall, I felt I made the right decision in terms of the composition of my stack. I am still debating whether or not to alter the dosage protocol. For instance, I might switch from taking 9 DCP in two doses to 9 caps in three equal doses. This might provide some relief in terms of the bloats. On the other hand, taking tow doses of 5 and 4 capsules should approximate a loading strategy that might deliver better results. I will revisit this in due course.

Appetite Suppression:

In terms of appetite suppression, I see some likely pathways here. As we all know, the gut secretes two important hormones, cholecystokinin (CCK) and glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), that are also known as "satiety hormones", as they give us a sense of food satisfaction and fullness, usually experienced after meals.
CCK, also known as the "fee-full" hormone, is a peptide hormone that can stimulate the synthesis of fats and proteins. CCK is produced in the intestines when we eat fats and proteins, and signals the brain to stop eating when CCK levels are elevated. Compounds that can stimulate CCK release include EGCG in Green Tea, L-Phenylalanine (also a neurotransmitter booster), Phenylethylamine (PEA), Phosphatidylcholine, Korean Pine Nut (Pinolenic Acid), Kidney Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris), and so on. Phenylalanine, by the way, can be converted into phenylethylamine.

Glucagon-like peptide-1 is tightly connected with fullness and satiety, and is secreted in response to fat and carbohydrate ingestion. Slows food absorption in the gut, thus promoting fullness and satiety and desire for further food intake.

CCK is the more likely pathway with my stack, thanks to Shred-XS-Hardcore and Lipotrophin-PM.

Shred-XS Hardcore's Incinogen-XS complex contains Phenylethylamine (PEA). PEA is a potent nautral appetite suppressant and weight loss agent. PEA is better than amphetamines, as PEA does not increase the rate of eating experienced in amphetamine-based pathways. Furthermore, PEA increases dopamine levels, leading to an increase in physical activity and decreased food intake. Something else: PEA boosts serotonin activity, further leading to decreased food intake.

Shred-XS Hardcore also contains Synephrine. Synephrine is a direct alpha-1 adrenergic agonist. Alpha-l adrenergic agonists stimulate thermogenesis and decrease appetite.

Shred-XS Hardcore also contains Theobromine, a methlyxanthine. Theobromine has a similar, but smaller-scale, effect than caffeine. Caffeine, hordenine (also in Shred-XS Hardcore), theobromine, and PEA act synergistically to potentiate decreased appetite and thermogenesis.

Lipotrophin-PM contains Green Tea (EGCG).

The preservation of muscle mass, increase in strength, endurance, muscle density, and such like are attributable to the synergistic interplay of the compounds in Drive, RPM, IGF-2, DCP, and Shred-XS Hardcore (especially the adrenal-support blend).

If it interests anyone, libido, while never really a problem, has seen further improvements :D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6 (Friday, December 14th)

Here are my current co-ordinates:

Weight (kg): 109.9
Weight (lbs): 242.3
Body Fat (%): 30.1
Muscle (%): 33.0
Water (%): 47.8

The results of the previous couple of days continued to repeat themselves. Sublime thermogenesis, noticeable lipolysis (the thickness of the skin around my mid-section is thinning!), and continued slight DCP-related stomach bloat (not water retention). No cramps were noticed, neither from DCP nor from Forkolin.

Appetite Suppression
Appetite suppression continued to remain significant.

Increase in Lean Mass
Anti-catabolism and muscle-mass preservation were obvious during simple observation.

As in the past couple of days, improvements in strength and endurance are noticeable. In general, I felt as though I had a spare set of lungs!

Muscles continued to look full and dense.

Improved Vascularity
Lower BF% should reveal more vascularity. I should report more on this when my BF% improves.

Considering that I did not consume any supplemental BCAAs during this period, this result must be attributable to the supplements in my stack.

Overall comment
I am considering increasing my Forskolin supplementation to 100mg and higher to take even more advantage of the additional cAMP-boosting, free-fatty-acid synthesis, intestinal fortification, and adaptogenic properties of Forskolin. I see two options. Either increase the amount of stand-alone Forskolin I consume, or increase my Drive intake to 9 caps per day on a regular basis. I will consider both options and decide.

I am seeing considerable improvements in anti-catabolism, lean-tissue synthesis, and boosts in mood and general well-being.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Days 7-11 (Saturday, December 15th-Tuesday, December 18th)

Thermogenesis remained subtle and lipolysis progressed. I suspect my system has now completely accepted DCP. The bloats have disappeared, and Forskolin (in Drive) has not presented any issues. I might up my total Forskolin supplementation to about 100mg to 120mg daily. I’ll probably just cAMP out! :D

Appetite Suppression
Appetite suppression continued to remain significant. As a matter of fact, I sometimes need to set an alarm reminder to make sure I eat a meal. Weird!

Increase in Lean Mass
Anti-catabolism and muscle-mass preservation were obvious during simple observation. Essentially, I saw results that would have been more obvious with high-dose BCAA/Leucine. But I am not supplementing these. Amazing!

As in the past couple of days, improvements in strength and endurance are noticeable. I now prefer to use the staircase at work, rather than the lift. No problems at all.

Muscle contraction, fullness and density continued to improve. This is even noticeable at the slightest amount of exertion.

Improved Vascularity

As previously stated, considering that I did not consume any supplemental BCAAs during this period, this result must be attributable to the supplements in my stack.

Overall comment
The different products in my stack are definitely living up to expectations. Increases in thermogenesis, lipolysis, endurance, strength, lean mass, anti-catabolism, and adrenal protection have been noticeable.

rudee13

rudee13

Awards
strategic-

where are you at with this stack? v. much still interested in your progress

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let me first of all apologize that I was unable to update my log as often as I had wanted to. I have not worked out since the last update of December 18th, due to a combination of increased job demands and some challenges in other areas. I know most of us are exposed to similar issues, but we tackle the problems differently. Nevertheless, I continued to take the supplements in the stack non-stop.

So, now to my stack. In the course of time I slightly altered the dosage protocol and reduced my RPM intake. I completely dropped RPM since one week now. Not that it was not value-adding. Quite the opposite. I had been on RPM for longer than about 12 weeks in a row, and wanted to take a break.

For perspective, my last set of statistics were taken on December 14th and looked like this:

Weight (kg): 109.9
Weight (lbs): 242.3
Body Fat (%): 30.1
Muscle (%): 33.0
Water (%): 47.8

One week ago, on January 20th (Day 44), they looked like this:

Weight (kg): 107.6
Weight (lbs): 237.2
Body Fat (%): 28.8
Muscle (%): 33.9
Water (%): 49.2

Day 44 (Sunday, January 20th, 2008)

The original bloats from DCP disappeared fairly quickly (within the first week or so) and there were no GI issues from Forskolin.

Appetite Suppression
Appetite suppression did not fade over time. Considering that I ate at set times during the day, I did not experience pangs of hunger, either. I have been very satisfied in this area.

Increase in Lean Mass
Anti-catabolism and muscle-mass preservation remained noticeable. In spite of the fact that I did not work out in several weeks, I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of lean mass I retained. Just for information, I did not take additional (non-diet) BCAAs or EAAs during this period.

Over time, I noticed a significant improvement in my endurance and strength. This, in spite of regular diet and no workouts. This reflects the combined synergy of the stack.

Muscle contraction, fullness and density did not deteriorate at all. Another nice surprise here!

Improved Vascularity
Lower BF% did reveal more vascularity. Even "resting" vascularity improved!

As previously stated, considering that I did not consume any supplemental BCAAs during this period, this result must be attributable to the supplements in my stack.

Overall comment
The results from the stack have consistently exceeded my expectations. Given that I neither could workout in the last 39 days, nor did I supplement with additional BCAAs and EAAs, and given that my diet during the Christmas period and the week after was less than stellar, the results I have experienced to-date are simply phenomenal. Weight loss. Increased lean mass. Lower BF% (first time below 30% in several years)! I am more than satisfied with the progress so far.

Outlook: I have decided to do the stack until end-January and then switch to Lean Xtreme/Activate Xtreme/Alpha Drive XL/Relora. I will add Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. I will run the stack for 30 days and move on to IGF-2/Drive/NeoVar/Lipo-PM with Anabolic Pump/P-Slin.

Justification:
The reason I would prefer to start a different stack on February 1st is that I would like to take a break from IGF-2 and Drive at full dosages, as I had run them without break for several weeks before starting my current stack. The Activate Xtreme/Lean Xtreme/Alpha Drive XL/Relora stack would serve as a berak from IGF-2/Drive/RPM before picking them up again.

Lastly: I will provide a final update of this stack on January 31st, and leave appropriate comments.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This stack ended on January 31. It lasted 55 days. Altogether, I was very satisfied with it. My closing statistics look like this:

Weight (kg): 107.8
Weight (lbs): 237.7
Body Fat (%): 28.9
Muscle (%): 33.7
Water (%): 48.4

My stack objectives were body recomposition, lean mass improvement, increases in endurance, strength, muscle fullness and density, and vascularity.

Overall comment
The results from the stack exceeded my expectations. On top of the improvements in strength and endurance, I shed 3.4lbs on this stack, whilst not on the strictest of diets, with more caloric surplus than deficit. Lean mass improved by 0.6% points. Body Fat % also dropped by 1.3% points.

Based on the above results, I would (subjectively) rate the supplements I used as follows on a scale of 1-10:

IGF-2: 9/10
Drive: 9/10
Shred-XS Hardcore: 9/10
DCP: 9/10
Lipotrophin-PM: 9/10
RPM: 9/10

Very impressed. This stack comes highly recommended.

In conclusion, I would like to thank AN for the generous sponsorship of IGF-2.

Outlook: I have started a stack of Lean Xtreme/Activate Xtreme/IGF-2/Relora. I added Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. I will run the stack for 30 days. Objective is simple: shed as much fat as possible while preserving as much lean mass as possible.

Eject

Eject

Awards
Wow definatly subbed. Very detailed log!

Feel like taking before/after pics?

I'm suffering from a post holiday-season visceral bulk lmfao.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow definatly subbed. Very detailed log!

Feel like taking before/after pics?

I'm suffering from a post holiday-season visceral bulk lmfao.
DCP can help here. If you are stressed, consider adding Relora.