Peanut Butter Fudge
  • Total Fat 9g
  • Sat Fat 1.5g
  • Total Carb 35g
  • Fiber 2g
  • Sugar 16g
  • Protein 20g
Outer Appearance/ Box:
My first impression was that the box as a whole was good. I was looking at the labels, but when I flipped it over I was trying to read the front and it was pretty hard. The print on the boxes does not stand out at all, and sort of blends with the box. I think it could use some improvement as far as making it jump out at you so to speak. I also think that putting all the bars in individual boxes might be a waste (and probably drive the cost up some).

Taste: 6.5/10
The taste was very mild. It wasn't overwhelmingly peanut butter or fudge. To me, it was a little plain. It doesn't have any aftertaste though, and there is no other strange tastes, but it's almost like you try it and the flavor is gone after it initially hits your tongue. There was a distinct fudge flavor to it, but not really a peanut butter taste that I'm use to. (I eat natural peanut butter a lot) I wouldn't mind[i/] eating one of these everyday since I don't think the flavor would ever get old due to it's mild taste.

Texture: 9/10
I had to comment on this because it was very different from other protein bars I've tried. The bar is covered in fudge and the inside is very light and (the appearance) almost reminds me of vanilla cake. The majority of protein bars I've tried take a lot of effort to chew, and seems like they're made of rubber. The Sustain bar was much better as it has a very light texture to it.

Nutritional Profile: 9/10
Really, not to much needs to be said here. DS/DN did a great job bringing a high quality bar to the market. No added garbage, chemicals, etc, and it even has honey. :)

Overall: 8/10
I don't know the price yet, so I can't really give it a value rating, but I would recommend this bar over the majority of other bars out there. Overall, I really don't care as much about taste as I do the ingredients. That's why I gave this bar a good rating, but the flavoring could be improved