Designer Nutrition SUSTAIN Bar

magoo202

magoo202

Awards
I was chosen to review the new Protein bar by Designer Nutrition/Designer Supplements. Here is my review for those who are interested in a new Protein bar with a sustained release.
Designer Nutrition/Designer Supplements

Peanut Butter Fudge
Total Fat 9g
Sat Fat 1.5g
Total Carb 35g
Fiber 2g
Sugar 16g (No Added Sugar, Just Pure Honey)
Protein 20g

"The SUSTAIN Bar is an all-natural, convenient snack to help maintain nitrogen balance and SUSTAIN you throughout the day"

Taste:
My initial thought was that I should have let it cool off a bit after a long, hot ride on the UPS truck. The choclate was melty and it created a little mess on my hands. Immediately after taking my first bite, I thought that the flavor was much closer to a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. In fact, I didnt taste much peanut butter at all. But don't get me wrong, the flavor is very, very good. After a few test bites, I dove right into it and it was gone within a minute, which is a huge bonus if youre trying to cram a few extra calories down in between class or work. This flavor definately tops any of the other bars I've had, which usually have a wierd "synthetic" taste to them. This bar tasted very much like a delicious, chocolate-frosted cake.

Texture/Consistancy:
Right away I noticed that the texture of the bar was much lighter than the normal protein bar. It is still the usual thick center, but not as thick and hard to chew. Chewing was very easily done with this bar. A fluffier protein thick center scattered with a few peanut morsels for variety.

Final Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this bar. It went down with ease and tasted great. I would most definately buy them, and I am sure I will when they come out. If you need a bar to get in some extra calories, feed your hunger on the run, or just snack on; this bar is definately for you.

5/5 Stars

I say give it a try when it is released. Why would DS steer you wrong?