Review on Xtend comparasion to PW

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Review on Xtend comparasion to PW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just received a big tub of Xtend. I just wanted to change from the Purple Wraath, which was pretty good. Here it goes.

Purple Wraath
Has EAA's Xtend has none
More different ingredients for the same price
Tastes like the grape syrup I puked when I was little
More crunchy in a drink than a Slush Puppie

Xtend
Smells like pop rocks
Tastes like pop rocks. The watermelon is wonderful
Powder is very fine, and flyes everywhere if you're not carefull
Mixes great, and no clumps at all

Bottom line: I love the taste of Xtend way more than PW. This is the one that I will use, then I will probably be trying Xcell to compare the three.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
For the price, I beleive that PW is better as you have EAA's in it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds good bro, i was lookin for this!

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Great thread, I was actually just asking about this topic. What doseage are you going to be using Xtend at?? Because I am thinking that PW might be a better deal in the long run, because I use around 6-7 scoops, while with PW it only recommends 1 scoop(I believe??). Also Excell is great, cheaper and more flavors with the same results as Xtend.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Great thread, I was actually just asking about this topic. What doseage are you going to be using Xtend at?? Because I am thinking that PW might be a better deal in the long run, because I use around 6-7 scoops, while with PW it only recommends 1 scoop(I believe??). Also Excell is great, cheaper and more flavors with the same results as Xtend.
I will use around 6 scoops, and 2 scoops in the night if I wake up to urinate. The PW was at 2 a day. I used 1 just as I woke up, and 1 during/post workout. The scoops of PW are a LOT bigger though ;)

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Ok gotcha, if you dont mind do you think you could post another review on this, commenting on which formula PW vs. Xtend you saw better results. Considering the price is $50, I am interested in PW but I know Xtend gives me results. Thanks a lot man, and great review.

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
Not to hijack your thread but....

I just got a tub of Purple Wraath to try out. I've used Xtend and Excell as far as bcaa's go. I did a review on it and found that Excell is a better deal but has less taste compared to Xtend. Overall I felt Excell was a better choice based on performance and pricing.

Now for PW...I'll be writing a review on these in a week or so after I can judge how the PW is working for me.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I haven't tried excell yet, but I will soon, and will be comparing the three. I am sure excell will be an agressive competitor also ;)

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Great review. I've only tried Excell and Xtend. I find the formula to be simple yet almost perfect: Vitamin B6 for energy, Cirtulline Malate for Pumps and Aminos for recovery and endurance. Not a proprietary blend or overkill, just what you need.

More crunchy in a drink than a Slush Puppie
^^^This kind of scares me lol

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Great review. I've only tried Excell and Xtend. I find the formula to be simple yet almost perfect: Vitamin B6 for energy, Cirtulline Malate for Pumps and Aminos for recovery and endurance. Not a proprietary blend or overkill, just what you need.

^^^This kind of scares me lol
Thanks. Yeah, the PW is very hard to mix if you do it with a spoon and drink, you kinda get clumps on intense flavour.. lol

W

WAHCHING

Awards
Xtend grape at first did't taste that good (6/10). It taste kind of like bitter grapes. I think its because my water was warm, so i left my water bottle in the next day in the freezer to get really cold and mixed it with 6 scoops of xtend, that bumped the taste up to (8/10). The smell is really nice. As far as performace, it recovers me preety well. Over all good product taste/performace wise.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Xtend grape at first did't taste that good (6/10). It taste kind of like bitter grapes. I think its because my water was warm, so i left my water bottle in the next day in the freezer to get really cold and mixed it with 6 scoops of xtend, that bumped the taste up to (8/10). The smell is really nice. As far as performace, it recovers me preety well. Over all good product taste/performace wise.
I am starting to like it too. Xcell is the next challenger :)

K

Kris

Board Supporter
Awards
I am starting to like it too. Xcell is the next challenger :)
same here, Ive been enjoying XTEND for some time now and didnt care for PW. Im starting to run out of XTEND so looks like XCELL is up next

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget to post what do you think about it :)

V

VtecTypeR

Awards
I heard they made a better tasting purple wrath now since alot of people were complaining about the taste

V

VtecTypeR

Awards
I dont know if you ever check out bodybuilding.com but theres 2 reps on that forum that are always on Im sure they might be able to tell if you have the new one or not.

V

VtecTypeR

Awards
found it for you john.

New Purple WRAATH is batch #0606216