Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome one, welcome all, to this sponsored test log of Apex Alchemy’s Eclipse - a transdermal AI and 5a Laxogenin Ace product!

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

My PCT began Tuesday 01/29, but I have only used Eclipse the last 2 days, beginning 02/01. I have always needed a significant amount of AI in PCT to keep old existing gyno happy as things balance back out, so hopefully Eclipse can replace my traditional exemestane without any hiccups - this will be the real test.

Unfortunately I just fully detached my left bicep at a strongman comp last Saturday and had it sewn back on Thursday afternoon, BUT this will be a great way to put the Laxogenin to the test: legs 3 times a week means I will need some serious joint support, and I have found high dosed lax can really make a difference there.

Follow along and we’ll see what Nos has brought to the table!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Current PCT Protocol
-Nolva 20mg/day
-Clomid 35mg/day
-Proviron 25mg/day
-Eclipse 6 pumps once/day

May or may not add very low dose Ostarine next week to facilitate better healing of the repaired bicep, so that could make things more interesting hormonally. The nolva & Clomid will decrease over time. I would like to increase Eclipse dose over time if joints stay happy.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet I'll get in on this!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome gang! Sorry the log will be off to a slower start than usual. Using a TD with only one good hand and not being able to shower daily poses some interesting limitations. Gonna rotate tops of feet, left delt/trap, and inner thighs if I get desperate (but I have a lot of fat there still).

First impressions: bottle is big and solid, and the sprazy nozzle is extremely consistent and not messy. Eclipse in general is not overly runny or messy.

Spreads on clear and creates its own film that takes several minutes to dry fully. Washes off my hand easily without needing a degreaser-like dish soap the way many TD’s require. Big points here as well.

Finally, the smell - like a nice weightlifting liniment, it smells minty and relaxing and good for what ails you. I am really enjoying it so far.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to follow once you can take showers! I don't think sponge baths count! :33:

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 8 of PCT

Just put another dose on my feet - you really need both feet to use 6 total pumps.

Body dropped a lot of water weight (surgery, pain drugs), back around 234-235 waking like I was pre surgery, so definitely seems like I am NOT carrying estrogen bloat appreciably.

I would think estrogen will bounce up this coming week, but I plan to stay on 6 pumps daily unless I visually notice more bloat.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 11 of PCT

Put some on my trap/delt last night, sat on the couch with the woman for a bit and at least 15 min later she put her hand on my shoulder and it was all just as greasy as if it had first been applied.

I shook it well prior to application and it was spread on well, but it flat out didn’t dry. Hoping that’s a one-of.

Kind of inline with this issue, I wish this dried a bit faster even normally.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
is it any better in other areas? or are you saying the stuff doesnt dry well? do you rub it in initially?

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I apply 5 pumps of Lithos on My inner thighs. 5 pumps to shoulders and chest.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
is it any better in other areas? or are you saying the stuff doesnt dry well? do you rub it in initially?
TBD. But I am saying I wish it dried more aggressively/completely in general. This was rubbed on.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It leaves a bit of what I like to call an occlusive barrier. In cosmetics, it's referred to as an emollient layer.

If I understand the comments correctly, you're saying you'd like it to have more of a "vanishing" quality. In cosmetics this is called a "nude feel"

I may be able to do this. The human element is always the trickiest part; that barrier/layer lends itself to better penetration of the active ingredients but of course that's moot if it leads to poor adherence to the dosing protocol or worse yet, discontinuing use of the product.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It leaves a bit of what I like to call an occlusive barrier. In cosmetics, it's referred to as an emollient layer.

If I understand the comments correctly, you're saying you'd like it to have more of a "vanishing" quality. In cosmetics this is called a "nude feel"

I may be able to do this. The human element is always the trickiest part; that barrier/layer lends itself to better penetration of the active ingredients but of course that's moot if it leads to poor adherence to the dosing protocol or worse yet, discontinuing use of the product.
I believe yes I would prefer a more nude feel, as that would fix my issue entirely, BUT that is not the base of what I’m seeing.

What I feel could be helpful in later batches is for the emollient layer to become dry and non-greasy sooner & more thoroughly.

I have tried lightly spreading Eclipse as well as rubbing it in, but either way it just doesn’t want to dry thoroughly it seems.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I believe yes I would prefer a more nude feel, as that would fix my issue entirely, BUT that is not the base of what I’m seeing.

What I feel could be helpful in later batches is for the emollient layer to become dry and non-greasy sooner & more thoroughly.

I have tried lightly spreading Eclipse as well as rubbing it in, but either way it just doesn’t want to dry thoroughly it seems.
Thank you for your feedback. I shall see what can be done.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
With my Lithos I pump 10 onto my chest, rub it in with my inner wrists spreading over the delts, inner arms and chest/ abs. Then I switch to rubbing it in with hands. Very vigorously, in all tak s between three and five minutes to rub in effectively. Still stays a bit greasy in the end even then, but not as bad as what it sounds like you’re describing Hyde

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With my Lithos I pump 10 onto my chest, rub it in with my inner wrists spreading over the delts, inner arms and chest/ abs. Then I switch to rubbing it in with hands. Very vigorously, in all tak s between three and five minutes to rub in effectively. Still stays a bit greasy in the end even then, but not as bad as what it sounds like you’re describing Hyde
You are definitely using a larger area (albeit 10 pumps vs my 6), but I am definitely not rubbing it in for more than a minute tops. I have never heard of rubbing a td normally being advised.
nostrum420, rubbing or nah?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You are definitely using a larger area (albeit 10 pumps vs my 6), but I am definitely not rubbing it in for more than a minute tops. I have never heard of rubbing a td normally being advised.
Oh, for definitez, spread it over as large a surface area as possible.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For any transdermal’s (I’m using Epoch right now) I use nitrile gloves and stand in front of a stand fan for about 2-3 minutes.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’ve... never... huh? What? That’s... I’m speechless. Dude. You rub in a TD. Always rub it in, homes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’ve... never... huh? What? That’s... I’m speechless. Dude. You rub in a TD. Always rub it in, homes.
No. Definitely not. The ones that dry very fast you need to spread with a couple fingers over the largest area possible without rubbing so you don’t prematurely dry it and leave excessive undissolved active wasted on the skin.

There’s an obviously minimal amount of rubbing required; I’m not a ****ing idiot and have been using TDs for years. But rarely should you be working it in vigorously for minutes.

I was using Formestane the last 3 weeks, Ironflex Formabolic, and for comparison that gets spread in 20 seconds and completely dry by the 2 min mark.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Also, and excitingly - my joints have started popping a little. So I may be able to go to EOD if I am staying dry enough (currently 6 pumps 1x/day). Today is Day 13 of PCT so we should see some estrogen rebounding around now. If joints are drying then Eclipse is working!

Also also, added 5mg Ostarine daily yesterday. May go to 10mg but I need to protect my upper body from further atrophy and promote tendon healing right now.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No. Definitely not. The ones that dry very fast you need to spread with a couple fingers over the largest area possible without rubbing so you don’t prematurely dry it and leave excessive undissolved active wasted on the skin.

There’s an obviously minimal amount of rubbing required; I’m not a ****ing idiot and have been using TDs for years. But rarely should you be working it in vigorously for minutes.

I was using Formestane the last 3 weeks, Ironflex Formabolic, and for comparison that gets spread in 20 seconds and completely dry by the 2 min mark.
Very few dry as fast as you describe, most are either a gel or a cream lotion. Lotions definitely need a lot of rubbing. Quite a few tds in my experience take a little bit of effort to actually get spread out and dry, which usually involves some rubbing. Even the OL TDS which dry about as fast as hand sanitizer.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very few dry as fast as you describe, most are either a gel or a cream lotion. Lotions definitely need a lot of rubbing. Quite a few tds in my experience take a little bit of effort to actually get spread out and dry, which usually involves some rubbing. Even the OL TDS which dry about as fast as hand sanitizer.
That is not my experience, but I appreciate yours. I will try an extended rub at tonight’s application and see if it helps it take and report back. Hoping that’s the ticket!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You can never go wrong with an extended rub...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Rubbed my delt/trap until my arm got tired, well over a minute. Seemed to make a positive difference, but still a light greasy residue to touch for a long while there after unfortunately.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rubbed my delt/trap until my arm got tired, well over a minute. Seemed to make a positive difference, but still a light greasy residue to touch for a long while there after unfortunately.
But not the trip to Italy you were dealing with before, right?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
But not the trip to Italy you were dealing with before, right?
Well, ultimately I cannot get it not to be greasy. I put it on fresh out the shower on clean dry skin and just had to give up after a point and call it good enough.

This is my one complaint, though. Seems to be working well as far as estrogen control and bloat reduction. I had to take 2 days off when my joints started popping!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well, ultimately I cannot get it not to be greasy. I put it on fresh out the shower on clean dry skin and just had to give up after a point and call it good enough.

This is my one complaint, though. Seems to be working well as far as estrogen control and bloat reduction. I had to take 2 days off when my joints started popping!
Yeah I am just chalking that up to these being lotion/cream based.

Never had a lotion or hand/foot cream that wasn’t a bit greasy, if it worked.

The Lithos is the same way. A nice side effect is my chest and shoulders are becoming more supple by the day. Soon nobody will be able to tell the difference between my pectoral insertions and a baby’s ass.

Except for the hair.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Try going over it with a little rubbing alcohol, if you have some.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Still doing 6 sprays Eclipse daily except for the 2 days off when joints were popping. Feeling good, not bloaty or dry.

Nolva is at 10mg nightly, and running Clomid now 25mg eod for one more week. Proviron still 25mg daily cuz it feels good, man

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
how is the alcohol rub down working out?>
Just have not had time to try it. The drying time is very inconvenient (especially only being able to apply to my left shoulder with my good right bicep lol) so been all I can to get it on in the evenings after work as busy as I’ve been. I hope to try the alcohol over it tonight at least.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 24 of PCT

Used a tissue with 70% IPA to go over my shoulder/trap after applying the other night, but even just trying to blot it and not rub it seemed to be removing the Eclipse. This stuff actually washes off very very easily, any soap and water will clean it quick so I don’t think this is a good idea.

Going to try rubbing alcohol to an application on the tops of my feet and see if that’s any better of a compromise.

Estrogen hasn’t been an issue and joints seem to be doing fine.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Day 24 of PCT

Used a tissue with 70% IPA to go over my shoulder/trap after applying the other night, but even just trying to blot it and not rub it seemed to be removing the Eclipse. This stuff actually washes off very very easily, any soap and water will clean it quick so I don’t think this is a good idea.

Going to try rubbing alcohol to an application on the tops of my feet and see if that’s any better of a compromise.

Estrogen hasn’t been an issue and joints seem to be doing fine.
If you have a spray bottle, I'd use that but failing that, I'd recommend wetting your palm slightly with the isopropanol and spreading the product out over a larger surface area.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you have a spray bottle, I'd use that but failing that, I'd recommend wetting your palm slightly with the isopropanol and spreading the product out over a larger surface area.
No spray bottle yet because I’m lazy, probably one down the street at the Dollar General, but may try that. What are your thoughts on adding 99% IPA to the Eclipse bottle to increase drying? I won’t do this unless you want me to try it and recommend an amount.

Update: wet my palm with the 70% IPA and it does not get rid of the greasy residue but does lessen it and is “dry” much sooner. This made an improvement on both the tops of my feet and shoulder applications equally. Would like to try 99% potency soon.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I use hand sanitizer to help with drying/absorption...then use hair dryer on it, works really fast and I think more gets absorbed, at least that is my thought!!!!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No spray bottle yet because I’m lazy, probably one down the street at the Dollar General, but may try that. What are your thoughts on adding 99% IPA to the Eclipse bottle to increase drying? I won’t do this unless you want me to try it and recommend an amount.

Update: wet my palm with the 70% IPA and it does not get rid of the greasy residue but does lessen it and is “dry” much sooner. This made an improvement on both the tops of my feet and shoulder applications equally. Would like to try 99% potency soon.
Hmmm, I would not add it directly to the product... I did not do solubility testing using isopropyl alcohol, I probably should have but r&d is expensive... anyway, it could theoretically knock some of the active out of solution.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Been taking a day off here & there from Eclipse last two weeks. I feel it indeed works, and am not trying to tank my estrogen lol. I’m sure there’s over half the bottle still and I bet I’ve used this for 3 weeks worth of days at 6 pumps a day.

Bought some 91% alcohol to try rubbed on shoulders tonight, see if it dries even better.