Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IMG_1964.JPG

Thank you to the Vicious Labs team for trusting me to review the newest formulation of their flagship preWO, The Blood Lord! This baby is packing pump perennials like nitrates, endurance boosters other than beta-alanine (no itching!), and a fairly novel stimulant combo:

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

Time to summon the Blood Lord and train Vicious!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed. Just took my first dose and headed to gym!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sub-a-dub-dub

Poolcue

Poolcue

Awards
Is this available in the UK?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oooh it’s got n-methyl-tyramine in it...

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ohhhhh... :)

• Increased Energy
  • Elevated Heart Rate
  • Greater Insulin Secretion
  • Reduced Blood Sugar Levels
  • Stronger Muscular Contractions
Me likey.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks pretty good to me. Interested on your feedback Hyde.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Welcome everyone!!!

I will get some pics of the product mixed up soon. Used this for the 3rd time today and absolutely loving it.

Initial thoughts:
Mixes up well, not gritty or chunky or chalky. Flavor is bleh at best - you can tell the strong grape is covering up some stout ingredients. Fortunately it mixes well in a very small amount of water, so knock it back and suck it up buttercup - it’s gonna be worth it, I promise. There’s a lot of dye in this and it will dye your tongue asap - I would drop the dye or lessen it in future runs.

Energy comes in a reasonable time, and never lets you down - you will have extra energy for a true 4 hours. And that comedown is smooth, as smooth as this stim blend - crazy smooth. Imagine a well-dosed ECA combo of energy, but add a substantial euphoria and remove the speeding sensation. On The Blood Lord, I feel on but totally dialed in and under control. Heart rate doesn’t feel wound up either, perhaps due to the Nitrate balancing things out.

Pumps I need to evaluate more still, at 2/3 scoop it’s only so-so and when I took a scoop yesterday I was working up on singles. But this stim blend is blowing me away with how enjoyable it is. Not overwhelming, but powerful and precise - so far, I love it. Can’t wait for the next dose.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday we had a big max out party for New Year’s Eve - normally I would never use something new before maxing out, but the 2/3 scoop I tried with the day prior’s cardio made me think it was going to be the right move - it was!

1 level scoop, perfect energy and feel without getting agitated or overly sweaty. Ended up pressing a lifetime overhead PR as well as a hookgrip deadlift best.

Hit a 263lb logpress:
IMG_1970.JPG

And pulled 600 like butter:
IMG_1971.JPG

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today took 2/3 scoop and trained with my fiancé and her father in his basement, hit some closegrip bench and shoulders+tris. Pump was alright, but the feels...man the feels are so good. Just ready to go when the set starts, AND it seemed like I flat out needed less rest between sets.

Keep it coming, Blood Lord!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man, I feel the same way about it so far. Will be my go-to go-juice from now on!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this for sure!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sinuses started aching yesterday and developed a sinus headache in the wee hours of the morning that both carried into training, along with the associated fatigue.

Didn’t have a load of energy but felt pretty good given I would have felt like smashed butthole without The Blood Lord. Hit the numbers and work I needed to to maintain my strength coming into competition on the 26th. This close, I have to train come hell or high water, so I was glad to have this available.

Also, hit some GHR with ascending band tension every 3 reps and Hypertensions after with ascending plate weight every 5 reps - the pump was so brutal I actually skipped the last set of Hypers! Definitely seeing the pump potential in this now.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So, the combo of DMHA, Methyltyrosine (technically a methamphetamine)
And other sympathomimetic amines gets you going pretty good eh?

I saw the new formula some months back and I didn’t remember it looking so stimulant. Heheheh but I like how this looks. I keep saying it.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So, the combo of DMHA, Methyltyrosine (technically a methamphetamine)
And other sympathomimetic amines gets you going pretty good eh?

I saw the new formula some months back and I didn’t remember it looking so stimulant. Heheheh but I like how this looks. I keep saying it.
DMAA always did me really well, although it always made me feel agitated. DMAE was too soft in effect for me and AMP I couldn’t take enough to get the potential bang out of it because any amount made me sweat like crazy - being dehydrated is not conducive to high performance.

So far, this all feels juuuuust right.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, dmaa is comparable to double dosing epinephrine. Personally I don’t really dig that, myself. I don’t need to go out and kill a bunch of people.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, dmaa is comparable to double dosing epinephrine. Personally I don’t really dig that, myself. I don’t need to go out and kill a bunch of people.
I’m tryna kill these weights bro

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hugggge quads!
Haha thanks fellas. I think my hammies actually overpower them, not that you could tell from the front.

Today is a regular rest day, slept extra and hitting vit c, zinc, and green tea starting yesterday to knock this sinus stuff out. Looking forward to bench tomorrow!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You should take a scoop now, for science.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Took a 2/3-3/4 scoop before bench this morning. Still weak from the sinus gunk (and the maxes Monday) and ended up shutting off pressing after a very minor pec strain. Did very light blood flow work after and I was pumping up crazy fast even on this dose.

At 30 full scoops per tub, this would last forever at this dosage, while still being effective for many. Noticed how positive I was and energetic post training all morning.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Full scoop for events this morning! Such a great stim complex without making me sweat so awfully like most blends.

Ran a personal best on the yoke carry (565lbs for 60ft in 9.44 seconds) & drug a very heavy sled to simulate a truck pull - seems like Blood Lord is honestly helping with anaerobic endurance. I was able to strain all the way through the end, so intensely that when I finally stopped I could not believe I was able to work through it given how hard my heart and lungs were pumping to recover.

~1,050 for 50ft:
IMG_1978.JPG

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Congrats that is badass man! I’ve noticed the same effect from blood Lord. Energy throughout entire sessions is at a 10 and lasts for hours!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That peako2 and ancient peat are serious ergogenic aids
Human data shows effectiveness

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pretty sure DMHA is a significant ergogenic aid as well... what with being a pressor amine and all. (Adrenaline is also a pressor amine, but is actually weaker than DMHA and dmaa)

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
Great review and impressive numbers.

The product seems solid and and i am a strong believer in DMAA/DMHA + pump ingredients. PeakO2 is getting a lot of attention lately and is a nice addition although 1gr is not enough.

What I don't like is the idea of putting caffeine, which is a vasoconstrictor, in a pump blend. I get that it's synergestic with the stim blend but IMO 200+ mg is too much, DMA/DMHA alone or stacked with a minimal amount of caffeine is plenty already so it doesn't negates the pumps.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great review and impressive numbers.

The product seems solid and and i am a strong believer in DMAA/DMHA + pump ingredients. PeakO2 is getting a lot of attention lately and is a nice addition although 1gr is not enough.

What I don't like is the idea of putting caffeine, which is a vasoconstrictor, in a pump blend. I get that it's synergestic with the stim blend but IMO 200+ mg is too much, DMA/DMHA alone or stacked with a minimal amount of caffeine is plenty already so it doesn't negates the pumps.
the problem is that the vasoconstriction isnt enough to stop the pump. so because the ergo benifits of caffeine out weigh the negative impact on pump its obvious why ours and just about every other product out there does the same thing. if you dont like that stick to non stim stuff. but trust me when i say the pump is pretty good with this product. thats coming from someone who actually prefers a non stim pump product.

Chamaan

Chamaan

Awards
the problem is that the vasoconstriction isnt enough to stop the pump. so because the ergo benifits of caffeine out weigh the negative impact on pump its obvious why ours and just about every other product out there does the same thing. if you dont like that stick to non stim stuff. but trust me when i say the pump is pretty good with this product. thats coming from someone who actually prefers a non stim pump product.
I get the pros/cons reasoning and i agree that caffeine is an effective and reliable ergogenic aid.
I'm not saying I condemn putting stims in a pump blend, on the contrary i precisely mentionned that i really appreciate seeing DMA/DMHA in this category.
I just feel like it's not optimal and even if it's synergestic with DMAA/DMHA, a lower dose (if none at all) would have been enough.

But again, I did not try the product and i still think the ingredient panel is good. No offense to the manufacturer ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I get the pros/cons reasoning and i agree that caffeine is an effective and reliable ergogenic aid.
I'm not saying I condemn putting stims in a pump blend, on the contrary i precisely mentionned that i really appreciate seeing DMA/DMHA in this category.
I just feel like it's not optimal and even if it's synergestic with DMAA/DMHA, a lower dose (if none at all) would have been enough.

But again, I did not try the product and i still think the ingredient panel is good. No offense to the manufacturer ;)
For your goals, Vicious offers Daft Pump, which could be run solo or combined with The Blood Lord.

TBH, I don’t prefer a huge pump - it actually directly works against my performance. Try doing a max distance front carry with several hundred pounds on most pump blends, and then without, and you will see how crippling the pump can be to overall work capacity. If you are pulling a truck for 30-60 seconds, you WILL get a pump regardless.

I understand for a bodybuilder it’s optimal for shuttling nutrients and promoting fascia stretching, but I will say that I have personally found tremendous pumps off many products with over 200mg caffeine. If you like the look otherwise of this, I would give it a shot!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Caffeine in a clinical dosage blocks the expansion of creatine stores. Basically, I’m saying caffeine blocks your creatine. You can choose only one.

blongo804

blongo804

Awards
  • Established
Man I really want to try this.

I bought the OG Blood Lord when Zoo was clearing them out a few months ago. While it worked really well in terms of energy, mood, focus, all that stuff - the taste was horrible, it was sticky/clumpy upon cracking the seal, and turned into a rock within a week or two. I believe there's glycerol in the OG, so I need to say no more on the clumping issue lol.

Glad to see you're having a good time with it, Hyde!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Caffeine in a clinical dosage blocks the expansion of creatine stores. Basically, I’m saying caffeine blocks your creatine. You can choose only one.
HIGHLANDER!

Good thing there’s no creatine in this formula, eh?

Man I really want to try this.

I bought the OG Blood Lord when Zoo was clearing them out a few months ago. While it worked really well in terms of energy, mood, focus, all that stuff - the taste was horrible, it was sticky/clumpy upon cracking the seal, and turned into a rock within a week or two. I believe there's glycerol in the OG, so I need to say no more on the clumping issue lol.

Glad to see you're having a good time with it, Hyde!
I avoid glycerol like the plague. Better sold as an individual product the way it clumps everything. I would recommend this.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
HIGHLANDER!

Good thing there’s no creatine in this formula, eh?

I avoid glycerol like the plague. Better sold as an individual product the way it clumps everything. I would recommend this.
Yeah I was mainly pointing out that anyone using creatine might avoid caffeine.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most know that you only need to take 5g/d and timing is minor. Don’t take your creatine with your pre workout (if it contains caffeine). Plus that paper only insinuates it *may* effect ergogenic benefits. It’s not an absolute.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
iirc those studies have since been refuted... witch??

Punny

Awards
Subbed...been looking at this product for a bit as the formula looked awesome!

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did see the “May”. Would love to see absolutes.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just for clarity, in no way will I be stopping caffeine and creatine simultaneously. Caffeine is a massive ergogen (you can’t train hard if you’re tired) and creatine costs next to nothing - nor do I think it makes a very significant difference anyway.

But if you think something works, it’s helping. Placebo is the most powerful supplement there is. Well, that and tren I suppose. But placebo won’t put you on dialysis with overuse

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hit up a light easy full-body session this morning on a 2/3 scoop. Bunch of light sets of 10 on bench, dynamic boxsquats and a dynamic logpress and axle clean & press medley, a few sets of 15 on GHR, leg extension, TRX Rows. Basically just got everything pumped and tried to be explosive on the compounds. Next 2 days off then a full mock comp on Saturday - that’s gonna hurt!

Speaking of hurt, left my knee sleeves on while doing sets of 15 on GHR. Thought my hamstrings were going to explode they got so pumped. Blood Lord + occlusion = pain.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Found it brother. In to follow. so far this looks pretty good. Love me some energy and focus.