Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First I want to thank xR1pp3Rx for this opportunity.

Blood_Drive_V4_Logo_480x480.png

Blood_Drive_V4_Right_Panel_480x480.png

Blood_Drive_V4_Left_Panel_480x480.png

front.jpg

pill.jpg

Currently up to 218lbs. I’m natty, 55 yrs. old and will only be using my standard supplements during this.
I will not be changing my diet to see if this makes a difference.
Currently hitting a full body workout, 3 days a week. averages 2hrs.
I have never used a glucose disposal agent. Let’s see how it goes.

I got this in Saturday and started using it. started with only 1ea. after a carb meal. the carbs have been heavy.
used 3 different times on saturday and 3 different times on Sunday.

I have a crock pot full of Ham and beans. homemade cornbread. 2 pans of homemade yeast cinnamon rolls.
made a large pot of Chilli with beans on Sunday.

Starting Pic. (a week old)

start 12-29-2018.jpg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Subbed again

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Following to see how you like it - I’ll be by for dinner this weekend, thanks!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
indeed...you know i'm in!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: Day 4
This is my first go at a GDA.
Too soon to tell if this has affected my body fat.

I can tell you that I noticed the last 2 days that I don't have the desire for my late evening scoop of Ice cream or sweets.
I don't have a Insulin spike (Food coma) when I have a large meal.

so far I'm pretty stoked after just a few days.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sounds about right... do you ever take it with your last meal? if so you look diced in the am following?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds about right... do you ever take it with your last meal? if so you look diced in the am following?
Been taking it with every meal except breakfast (not too many carbs).
I only eat protein in the morning. Shake with water, Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla Greek Nonfat Yogurt.

I will have to see if I notice anything. I might be too fat to see anything close to diced! lol.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always liked taking a GDA at night before bed.. I would wake up leaner. like the body just skipped the night time calories altogether.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn it! I forgot to check this morning. forgot to set my alarm clock and was rushing around this morning.

Nothing new to report. still early.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Damn it! I forgot to check this morning. forgot to set my alarm clock and was rushing around this morning.

Nothing new to report. still early.
must of needed the extra sleep, lol....

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: Day 7

Not sure yet but I think taking this after my meal 3 hrs before I hit the gym is killing my endurance.
I did this before 2 workouts this week and my endurace was down, took me 2.5 +hrs. to get through my workouts.

My workout last night was much better. I didn't take 2 after my mid day meal.
I cant verify this however. too soon to tell. I will try this again this week.

Had a pound of shrimp and at least 3 cups of my wifes protein Mac and Cheese post workout.
Love the way Blood Drive eliminates the food comma after a large meal. I love to eat and so this is where this really shines.
Plus I have noticed I want to get up and get things done instead of sitting in the recliner after a good size meal.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You are not imagining it! It is sapping your power, and you should adjust your dosage timing. Took me months to figure out taking any amount of a proper GDA with my preWO meal just does exactly what it’s supposed to do - lowers blood glucose! Problem is, training hard will also do this, so I just ended up in a situation where no matter how much carb powder I tried to slug down in training, I couldn’t keep my blood sugar up.

Also, post WO your body is already primed to shuttle nutrients, so the best time for my use ends up being the meal after that, or any time on off days. Or some before bed like Ripper mentioned, which may help you sleep deeper and will wake up a bit drier and fuller.

If you wanna use it with that preWO meal, you’ll probably need to eat more or something slower digesting to cover it.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hyde nailed it. Dose post workout and other times around it. Iff you lift inn the am you can still take it each meal there after. Iff you lift in the afternoon.. maybe dose breakfast, post lift, pre bed

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait, you’re taking the pills AFTER your meals?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are not imagining it! It is sapping your power, and you should adjust your dosage timing. Took me months to figure out taking any amount of a proper GDA with my preWO meal just does exactly what it’s supposed to do - lowers blood glucose! Problem is, training hard will also do this, so I just ended up in a situation where no matter how much carb powder I tried to slug down in training, I couldn’t keep my blood sugar up.

Also, post WO your body is already primed to shuttle nutrients, so the best time for my use ends up being the meal after that, or any time on off days. Or some before bed like Ripper mentioned, which may help you sleep deeper and will wake up a bit drier and fuller.

If you wanna use it with that preWO meal, you’ll probably need to eat more or something slower digesting to cover it.
Thanks brother! that makes sense. I was assuming this but I'm a newby!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update: Day 9
Dropped 3lbs.( 215lb evening weigh ) . Pretty impressive since I'm in a recomp / Bulk. Not what most would consider a bulk. about 400-600 cals over maint.

I workout in the evening around 6:00PM
New dosing plan:
Gym Days:post workout meal and before bed.
Off days: Lunch, Dinner and maybe before bed.
During the week I eat all protein first meal.
Weekends I usually have a larger breakfast. 4 eggs, 3 slices of ezekiel, (And add in 1-2 cups of Granola if I'm hitting the gym in a few hours)
Weekend workouts are just make ups if I miss during the week.

I hit a Sunday workout yesterday because I will be missing tonight. Have to pick up the dog after work and then onto a nat'l championship party at my sons.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is the directions on the bottle.
Is it the label you posted? It says to take it immediately PRIOR to a meal containing 40g cho

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Studhorse I think the guys have gotten you straighten out on dosage timing now. I'm currently trying a gda for the first time also. My regimen is currently set like this
Training days...train at 3am I only dose one time that day and that is with dinner..pre bed

Non training days I dose 2x a day...1 before lunch and 1 before dinner/pre bed

Hey man, I did it one time pwo at 3am, my experience wasn't as bad as yours though

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Studhorse I think the guys have gotten you straighten out on dosage timing now. I'm currently trying a gda for the first time also. My regimen is currently set like this
Training days...train at 3am I only dose one time that day and that is with dinner..pre bed

Non training days I dose 2x a day...1 before lunch and 1 before dinner/pre bed

Hey man, I did it one time pwo at 3am, my experience wasn't as bad as yours though
Thanks for the insight brother!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it the label you posted? It says to take it immediately PRIOR to a meal containing 40g cho
I thought from what I had seen before it was taken before a meal.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought from what I had seen before it was taken before a meal.
No problem bud. Just didn’t want you to miss the true potential of a GDA

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update day 10:
First: This does affect my gym energy if I take it before my pre workout meal. (last meal before I hit the gym)
I stopped doing this the last few days and gym sessions are much better.

Second: I started using this right before I eat and noticed that it increases my appetite. (I have to eat more to be satisfied)
When I was taking it right after I ate I noticed no cravings for sweets or that small pre bed meal. I kind of liked that!
I will give it a few more days taking it Pre meal instead of post to see if this is truly the case.

Weight down another pound. 213.9 lb. bad thing I don't look leaner. I'm eating for a semi-bulk and losing weight however. (This is odd for me)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am sure you will see changes. Prolly the weight drop is just water?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am sure you will see changes. Prolly the weight drop is just water?
I don't look like Im dropping water. It's hard for me to drop water. I drink a lot of water everyday or I get kidney stones.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don't look like Im dropping water. It's hard for me to drop water. I drink a lot of water everyday or I get kidney stones.
Actually drinking more water and reducing a bit of carbs will only help drop more water from the body. The lesser water you drink body tries to hold on to it. The more you drink the more gets out.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually drinking more water and reducing a bit of carbs will only help drop more water from the body. The lesser water you drink body tries to hold on to it. The more you drink the more gets out.
Didn't know that! Thanks brother!
How have things been going for you?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Didn't know that! Thanks brother!
How have things been going for you?
After 3 weeks of no lifting because of a dilated vein in my head, started lifting today.. Plus, I had an amazing vacay. Glad to be back lifting

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep, water without added electrolytes will only further strip you of electrolytes.

Morton Lite Salt is about 50/50 sodium & potassium. Game changer for hydration. Try adding some to your first water of the morning and a larger amount to your intraworkout water.

If diet is already high in sodium and it’s something you need to watch, potassium tabs work wonders as well.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After 3 weeks of no lifting because of a dilated vein in my head, started lifting today.. Plus, I had an amazing vacay. Glad to be back lifting
Whoa, where was the vein dilated at? Sounds like some scary stuff

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yep, water without added electrolytes will only further strip you of electrolytes.

Morton Lite Salt is about 50/50 sodium & potassium. Game changer for hydration. Try adding some to your first water of the morning and a larger amount to your intraworkout water.

If diet is already high in sodium and it’s something you need to watch, potassium tabs work wonders as well.
Mine is Himalayan Pink Salt. It’s a great addition.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whoa, where was the vein dilated at? Sounds like some scary stuff
Was doing some heavy lifting on leg day. It was like lighting just went through my head. Started behind my neck all through the temple. Consulted a neurologist and he gave me some migraine meds. Seemed like it did the trick. I am perfectly alright now. It was scary. I thought this was it. End of my lifting.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was doing some heavy lifting on leg day. It was like lighting just went through my head. Started behind my neck all through the temple. Consulted a neurologist and he gave me some migraine meds. Seemed like it did the trick. I am perfectly alright now. It was scary. I thought this was it. End of my lifting.
I bet you freaked out! I know I would have. Glad everything turned out ok.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update day 12:
Weight down to 213.8 last night. (Still pretty much pounding the carbs)
Dinner Wed night: 2 Med. baked potatoes covered with roast beef and cheese.
Dinner last night: Stack of blueberry protein pancakes, little syrup, and about 6 slices of bacon. (not sure I eat it while I'm making it).

Abs still look the same. FAT. Must have lost the weight in my a ss! LOL.
Strength is still climbing slightly as expected at this time of my workout.

Bought these Damn bags of chex mixes. 4 different flavors (on sale for $1 ea.) the ghost pepper is awesome!

Taking 2 caps before Dinner (Every night) and 2 caps before lunch on off days.
Weight down littleover 4 lbs in 12 days! pretty sweet while pretty much eating everything I want.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sounds awesome to me!! I have a bottle i will be using here in 2 weeks, when I come off my bulk.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update day 12:
Weight down to 213.8 last night. (Still pretty much pounding the carbs)
Dinner Wed night: 2 Med. baked potatoes covered with roast beef and cheese.
Dinner last night: Stack of blueberry protein pancakes, little syrup, and about 6 slices of bacon. (not sure I eat it while I'm making it).

Abs still look the same. FAT. Must have lost the weight in my a ss! LOL.
Strength is still climbing slightly as expected at this time of my workout.

Bought these Damn bags of chex mixes. 4 different flavors (on sale for $1 ea.) the ghost pepper is awesome!

Taking 2 caps before Dinner (Every night) and 2 caps before lunch on off days.
Weight down littleover 4 lbs in 12 days! pretty sweet while pretty much eating everything I want.
my dog loves it when I try to fry bacon....just sayin

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to bulk and losing weight.
Lol the trick is to progressively make the calories dirtier and dirtier with the intention being to increase ease of consumption. The limitation being your desire for health and need for actual nutrition to recover adequately. If you only eat donuts, even in a surplus, you won’t recover. If you only ate steak, you’d never eat enough to bulk.

Soda and juice being the most extreme, which aren’t too far behind adding fats to everything and drinking as much milk as tolerable. Processing foods whenever possible.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15
I noticed I used Blood Drive as a kind of crutch this weekend.
I would be eating some carbs and be like hey I took 2 blood drives give me some more. (I need to not do this)

Observation: I noticed when I was taking them post meal it killed my cravings to eat more. Now that I have been using them Pre meal I don't get the same sinsation. I actually want to hammer more food.

I going to try taking them post meal and see if it was a fluke or not.

Haven't been on a scale since last update.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 15
I noticed I used Blood Drive as a kind of crutch this weekend.
I would be eating some carbs and be like hey I took 2 blood drives give me some more. (I need to not do this)

Observation: I noticed when I was taking them post meal it killed my cravings to eat more. Now that I have been using them Pre meal I don't get the same sinsation. I actually want to hammer more food.

I going to try taking them post meal and see if it was a fluke or not.

Haven't been on a scale since last update.
this is really out of the box...just sayin

this thread needs some spice, maybe some eva notty pics!!!