Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got selected to review a jug of the new protein, I had tried a sample of the blueberry pastry awhile back and liked it so much that I picked that flavor for my jug.

just want to thank TrainerTone for setting this up, and Jebrook for the samples, thanks guys!!!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is one of the flavors I ordered. Should come be in by Monday. Looking forward to it. I also picked up the Gingerbread one.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got 2 sample baggies, 1 scoop each of gingerbread and peanut buttercup.

this morning after fasted workout mixed up the baggie of gingerbread.
mixed up really easily in my shaker cup-i'm not used to being able to mix protein in the shaker cup, the protein I had been using required a electric blender stick to get things mixed properly.
taste of the gingerbread was very good, I mixed it with around 12oz of 2% milk, but if I had it to do over again I would go with 8oz milk..12oz made the flavor on the weak side. also really like the crunchies-this is the 1st protein I've had that has this-I dig it!!!

consistency was very good, but again I think it also would be better at 8oz versus the 12oz I used...in the future I will be using 8oz milk.

tomorrow I will try the peanut buttercup, the reviews I've read have been really good!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is one of the flavors I ordered. Should come be in by Monday. Looking forward to it. I also picked up the Gingerbread one.
I think 12oz is too much liquid, from here on out I will be going with 8oz. of course that is my personal preference you might like the 12oz better-who knows?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think 12oz is too much liquid, from here on out I will be going with 8oz. of course that is my personal preference you might like the 12oz better-who knows?
I usually do 8-10oz of cashew milk. I will let you know how it goes.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome. Blueberry Pastry sounds pretty good. Definitely will be trying OLs protein powder.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
today was peanut buttercup mixed in 8oz 2%milk. as with the gingerbread it mixed up fantastic just using mixer cup.

8oz is where it's at. taste was awesome, and consistency was perfect for my personal likes-not too thick, not too thin.

the comparison really isn't fair because I feel I used too much milk with the gingerbread, but I liked the peanut buttercup over the gingerbread. but really can't go wrong with either, imo.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
:eek:mfg:
today was peanut buttercup mixed in 8oz 2%milk. as with the gingerbread it mixed up fantastic just using mixer cup.

the comparison really isn't fair because I feel I used too much milk with the gingerbread, but I liked the peanut buttercup over the gingerbread. but really can't go wrong with either, imo.
I have a feeling PBC will remain your favorite choice. You can’t go wrong with Gingerbread or Blueberry Pastry, but PBC is like a party in your mouth!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
:eek:mfg:

I have a feeling PBC will remain your favorite choice. You can’t go wrong with Gingerbread or Blueberry Pastry, but PBC is like a party in your mouth!
The only reason I chose not to go with PBC on this order even though I know it will probably be my favorite in the end is because there are many good PBC proteins out (or I just add PB2). Blueberry and gingerbread are hard to find when asking for quality protein powder.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
today I cracked the seal on my tub of blueberry...I know it's sunday, but DAMN this stuff is good.

I tried a sample of the blueberry awhile back, but to me it tastes even better than before...I can't imagine any flavor topping blueberry for me!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
now that I've opened the tub of blueberry it's time to talk results...OL has made some serious claims, lets see if it lives up to them.

for the past several years I haven't been a consistent user of protein only using it here and there, and when I do using the cheap stuff from Walmart...I plan to use a scoop of SUPERIOR PROTEIN every day post workout. as good as it tastes I won't have any problem remembering to drink it!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
To make matters worse, now that makes two of us that said damn on a Sunday. Twice for me now actually!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
To make matters worse, now that makes two of us that said damn on a Sunday. Twice for me now actually!
you know the term cuss like a drunken sailor? well, I used to be a drunken sailor-my wife is always telling me that i'm not in the navy anymore, lol. I've really cleaned up my use of curse words since I quit drinking.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you know the term cuss like a drunken sailor? well, I used to be a drunken sailor-my wife is always telling me that i'm not in the navy anymore, lol. I've really cleaned up my use of curse words since I quit drinking.
I only curse while I am at work. We have all been so overworked and stressed lately that it’s just a means of release for us..

Other than that....I very rarely curse out loud. I do quite otften in my head though when I am at the gym and somebody is doing something ignorant.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cussing is in every aspect of my life lol. Work, gym, hobbies, friends, family. Of course I know when and where, I'm not at a T-Ball game acting a fool.

We teach that cuss words are fine if you can gauge the crowd/setting correctly, ugly words are the bad ones and should never be used. (Calling people stupid, fat, dumb, etc.) say everything you want, all you want in an appropriate setting (not at school) but never use ugly words. All the typical cuss words are that, just words. They have no real harm to them. Calling someone an idiot or ugly is what is harmful and needs to be avoided.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Cussing is in every aspect of my life lol. Work, gym, hobbies, friends, family. Of course I know when and where, I'm not at a T-Ball game acting a fool.

We teach that cuss words are fine if you can gauge the crowd/setting correctly, ugly words are the bad ones and should never be used. (Calling people stupid, fat, dumb, etc.) say everything you want, all you want in an appropriate setting (not at school) but never use ugly words. All the typical cuss words are that, just words. They have no real harm to them. Calling someone an idiot or ugly is what is harmful and needs to be avoided.
I agree with much of what your are saying, it more has to do with the intent than with the cussing itself---but to keep my wife happy I have learned to 'exchange' cuss words for more tame language-gosh darn it.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with much of what your are saying, it more has to do with the intent than with the cussing itself---but to keep my wife happy I have learned to 'exchange' cuss words for more tame language-gosh darn it.
That's not a bad thing at all, more power to you for making a change like that.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
still rockin with how good this blueberry tastes!!!

I cheated and drank down a shake before bed last night...guess I better be on the lookout for deals, I know I will be wanting another jug, it would be hard to go back to six star!!!

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
I was a child of a mixed marriage. My mother was of Norwegian and father was of Swedish descent. The old man could cuss up a storm! His favorite was G*d D*mm1t. My mom used “Uff da!” I use both. One when among friends and one when in mixed company. My wife thinks I’m going senile since I’m using “Uff da!” more often these days.

When the parents would fight they called each other “dumb Swede” and “stubborn Norwegian.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
still rockin with how good this blueberry tastes!!!

I cheated and drank down a shake before bed last night...guess I better be on the lookout for deals, I know I will be wanting another jug, it would be hard to go back to six star!!!
I know! It would be very difficult for me to go back to a product that doesn’t offer such enticing flavors. I just hope I can afford them:sad3:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know! It would be very difficult for me to go back to a product that doesn’t offer such enticing flavors. I just hope I can afford them:sad3:
yes, I understand your thinking completely...the OL protein is going to be much more costly than the six star. not only is the six star cheaper but the taste is so blah that I only drank it occasionally, with the OL I could drink 3 scoops daily it tastes so good.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
noticing better recovery.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can’t wait to break into my Blueberry Pastry again! I am saving my favorite flavors for last.

Currently working on the Mocha Chocolate..

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The Gingerbread flavor is decent. It has a hint of an artificial taste to it. Not bad though. I think I will use it to mix with other protein flavors.

Oh it does mix very well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I can’t wait to break into my Blueberry Pastry again! I am saving my favorite flavors for last.

Currently working on the Mocha Chocolate..
I got some blueberries and put half a handful in the blender with 10oz milk and a scoop of blueberry pastry...the blueberries added some fill to it and 10oz milk was just right...absolutely delicious!!!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I got some blueberries and put half a handful in the blender with 10oz milk and a scoop of blueberry pastry...the blueberries added some fill to it and 10oz milk was just right...absolutely delicious!!!
The blueberry flavor was goooooood! I made it with 8 oz of cashew milk. It was really good. I drank half of it then added some blueberries to it and it was even better.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Gingerbread flavor is decent. It has a hint of an artificial taste to it. Not bad though. I think I will use it to mix with other protein flavors.
:sly:

Well I hope you enjoyed it while you could, as there will be none of that business going on tomorrow. You will be having your Six Star straight out of the tub and like it!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The blueberry flavor was goooooood! I made it with 8 oz of cashew milk. It was really good. I drank half of it then added some blueberries to it and it was even better.
I added an extra 2oz of milk when I used the blueberries...8oz is spot on for me when just drinking the blueberry pasty on it's own.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
:sly:

Well I hope you enjoyed it while you could, as there will be none of that business going on tomorrow. You will be having your Six Star straight out of the tub and like it!
lol...I've got another tub of blueberry pastry coming, then I think I will try chocolate peanut buttercup....it would be hard to go back to six star even if price for superior protein is significantly higher.

endurance an recovery are improving, this is a good thing-haven't noticed any other changes yet.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
lol...I've got another tub of blueberry pastry coming, then I think I will try chocolate peanut buttercup....it would be hard to go back to six star even if price for superior protein is significantly higher.

endurance an recovery are improving, this is a good thing-haven't noticed any other changes yet.
Nice! I continue to enjoy mine as well!