Tank trying to attain and Sustain alphaness with Iconic Labs

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys

Sorry for only getting my log up now, things have been crazy at work for the last few days, but here goes.

Thanks to BigT and CHEFtapesh1 and the rest of the guys at Iconic labs for picking me to log their test booster, Sustain Alpha. I have used this product before as a PCT after a Dermacrine run. I’m going to stack this with Iconic’s laxogenin product, Iconogenin, as well. Since I have used both these products in the past on their own, I think we should be good to see the effect each product has.

Other supplements I’m currently taking: Whey first thing in the morning (I’m currenty cycling 3 different ones, Dymatize ISO 100, PES Select and Purus Myofeed). Intraworkout I use USP Modern BCAA (this will change later in the run) and creatine. As a preworkout, I’m currently using Spartan’s Kraken. I normally run joint support products as well, but since laxo is supposed to help with that, I’m not going to run a joint product as well to gauge the effect of the laxo.

My goal for this run is to gain some lean mass, I’m currently weighing around 210, I’d like to lean out a bit while staying around the same weight. Also trying to up my strength on this run as well. I remember when I ran the old BPS androcrine, my strength went up a lot, so I’m hoping for the same results here. I’m hoping the sustain supplements the strength gain as well as leaning out effects of the laxo, while on this on pct I didn’t experience a drop in strength at all. Also looking for a nice libido increase with it, not that I have low libido, but no one’s ever gonna say no to better libido.

Training wise, I’m not currently following a program, I’m really just changing up my training a lot, trying to do different exercises each week, throwing in dropsets and supersets and really trying to focus on the intensity of my workouts. I currently have the following split:
Day 1: Chest and tris
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Legs
Day 4: Shoulders
Day 5: Chest and bis

I’m trying to train chest twice a week, since my chest’s always been a lagging body part. I’ll also throw in abs every day (I try to do at least 50 reps for abs every day) and also some forearms on some of the days.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Great start up

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 1

I started my run on Monday, i always like starting to use new products on a Monday. I was training chest. Unfortunately the gym was pretty crowded, so i didn't really have the workout i wanted.

Hammer strength chest press: 2 warmup sets with 1 plate a side, 15 reps each, 3 working sets with 2 plates a side for 15 reps each
Pec deck flyes: 4 sets at 70lb for 15 reps each
Dips: 4 sets of 12 supersetted with hanging leg raises
Seated cable flyes: 4 sets of 15
Bench dips: 4 sets to failure (mostly between 15 and 20 reps)
Rope pushdowns: 4 sets of 15 at 30lb
Did 3 sets of reverse curls with a 60lb bar and 3 sets behind the back forearm curls all to failure.

I currently apply the sustain in the morning after showering and the laxo after my post workout shower. Application of these products are really easy, both products smell pretty nice too. It feels like the sustain has a bit of thicker consistency since the last time i tried it, but i like it better this way, my first bottle was kind of watery. I didn't train last night, but will do back again tonight.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 1

I started my run on Monday, i always like starting to use new products on a Monday. I was training chest. Unfortunately the gym was pretty crowded, so i didn't really have the workout i wanted.

Hammer strength chest press: 2 warmup sets with 1 plate a side, 15 reps each, 3 working sets with 2 plates a side for 15 reps each
Pec deck flyes: 4 sets at 70lb for 15 reps each
Dips: 4 sets of 12 supersetted with hanging leg raises
Seated cable flyes: 4 sets of 15
Bench dips: 4 sets to failure (mostly between 15 and 20 reps)
Rope pushdowns: 4 sets of 15 at 30lb
Did 3 sets of reverse curls with a 60lb bar and 3 sets behind the back forearm curls all to failure.

I currently apply the sustain in the morning after showering and the laxo after my post workout shower. Application of these products are really easy, both products smell pretty nice too. It feels like the sustain has a bit of thicker consistency since the last time i tried it, but i like it better this way, my first bottle was kind of watery. I didn't train last night, but will do back again tonight.
as long as the showers are 5 hours or more apart, good to go!!!

this is one of the logs I've been waiting for, thanks for getting er done!!!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as long as the showers are 5 hours or more apart, good to go!!!

this is one of the logs I've been waiting for, thanks for getting er done!!!
Ok no then we're good, they're way more than 5 hours apart. yeah man, i've been itching to start this run, i've had those bottles of iconogenin sitting in my closet for too long!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok no then we're good, they're way more than 5 hours apart. yeah man, i've been itching to start this run, i've had those bottles of iconogenin sitting in my closet for too long!
I have a good feeling about this, I think you are really going to like the sustain/iconogenin combo!!!

1st time using sustain, right?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a good feeling about this, I think you are really going to like the sustain/iconogenin combo!!!

1st time using sustain, right?
1st time using it outside of pct and first time with iconogenin brother

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3

After missing my workout last night, i went back to do some back tonight. I added some kraken again pre workout, i'm pretty happy with this product so far, i need a bit of a boost since i've been sleeping 5 hours a day due to work.

Reverse lat pull down: 2 warmup sets at 70, 90, then working 5 working sets of 10 reps going up to 220lb, i just got 4 reps at 220 so i dropped to 160 for 4 then 120 for 4 and 80 for 4
Behind the neck lat pull 21's: I do 3 reps full rom, then 7 where i pull down to the top of my head, then just stretch out my lats for 7 secs. i went 60, 70, 80 with this.
Devil's dropset: I super set deadlifts, barbell rows and shrugs, doing 6 reps for each, started with 135, then 225 then 315, i only got 4 reps for deads and 3 for rows on this, but this is the heaviest i've gone with this superset and i haven't done this in a while.
T Bar rows: 4 sets with 2 plates going to failure on every set, every set went to about 15-16 reps, i can go a lot heavier here, but since my other back thickness exercises were pretty low reps, i rather went for higher reps her
I finished off with some sort of high hammer strength row machine, doing 3 sets of 20, from 40lb to 60lb
I threw in 4 sets of barbell curls just for the hell of it, since my lower back was fried and i couldn't do any abs

I'm not eating a lot of carbs at this stage since i'm trying to lean out but overall my energy levels feel pretty good. sure the pre helps with that, but i'm not taking pre's the rest of the week so we'll see how it goes.

It's probably a bit of placebo effect but i swear there's some kind of effect on my libido, i feel like i want to jump on every girl i see. Like i said probably just placebo, as i should only really be feeling an effect of the products at around 10 days

Still using sustain in the mornings and icono at night, all i can tell people who are worried about topical products, is don't worry these apply really easily and dry out on your skin really quickly, so no worries there!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I'll get in on this!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 3

After missing my workout last night, i went back to do some back tonight. I added some kraken again pre workout, i'm pretty happy with this product so far, i need a bit of a boost since i've been sleeping 5 hours a day due to work.

Reverse lat pull down: 2 warmup sets at 70, 90, then working 5 working sets of 10 reps going up to 220lb, i just got 4 reps at 220 so i dropped to 160 for 4 then 120 for 4 and 80 for 4
Behind the neck lat pull 21's: I do 3 reps full rom, then 7 where i pull down to the top of my head, then just stretch out my lats for 7 secs. i went 60, 70, 80 with this.
Devil's dropset: I super set deadlifts, barbell rows and shrugs, doing 6 reps for each, started with 135, then 225 then 315, i only got 4 reps for deads and 3 for rows on this, but this is the heaviest i've gone with this superset and i haven't done this in a while.
T Bar rows: 4 sets with 2 plates going to failure on every set, every set went to about 15-16 reps, i can go a lot heavier here, but since my other back thickness exercises were pretty low reps, i rather went for higher reps her
I finished off with some sort of high hammer strength row machine, doing 3 sets of 20, from 40lb to 60lb
I threw in 4 sets of barbell curls just for the hell of it, since my lower back was fried and i couldn't do any abs

I'm not eating a lot of carbs at this stage since i'm trying to lean out but overall my energy levels feel pretty good. sure the pre helps with that, but i'm not taking pre's the rest of the week so we'll see how it goes.

It's probably a bit of placebo effect but i swear there's some kind of effect on my libido, i feel like i want to jump on every girl i see. Like i said probably just placebo, as i should only really be feeling an effect of the products at around 10 days

Still using sustain in the mornings and icono at night, all i can tell people who are worried about topical products, is don't worry these apply really easily and dry out on your skin really quickly, so no worries there!
sustain goes to work pretty quickly....I agree 'MOST' people should have little issues with these products...I find the entire lineup much milder than any formestane transdermal I used--but even formestane caused very little problem unless I got stupid with my dosing.

keep up the good work, log is looking great.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4

I did a quick leg day last night, anyone who’s ever followed one of my logs will know I’m not big on training legs, but I’m trying to push myself to doing it. It was a pretty short workout since I left work late and at least wanted to see a bit of the pats colts game.

Leg press: 2 warm up sets of 15 with 2 plates a side, 3 plates a side for 15, 4 for 10, 5 for 5, but then dropped to 4 for another 5 reps and 3 plates for another 5 reps. The highest I’ve ever gone with leg press is 6 plates a side, so having not done legs regularly and not always doing leg presses, I’m pretty happy with this.
Lying hamstring curls, all sets to failure, mostly between 12-15 reps, got this up to 100lb (don’t laugh too much at my weak legs)
Leg extensions: worked from 40 – 100lb, trying to get to 15 reps each set, some sets would be rest pause.
Standing hamstring curls: 4 sets of 15 per leg, went very light here

So as you can see, a pretty short workout, but I think it did the trick, I could hardly get up my stairs last night and even this morning my legs still feel pretty pumped. Energy felt good throughout, even though I didn’t mix my intra workout with any carbs like I normally do.

One effect thing I’m noticing, is I do kind of feel that I’m constantly pumped up, it might be because I had a bit more carbs yesterday, but even when I woke up this morning I wasn’t looking flat at all. My weight was sitting at 210 first thing morning, so no real change there. Other than that, not much to report yet. I’m going to try to do 2 more workouts this weekend, worst case I’ll just do 1. Hoping that from next week we’ll start to see these two products kicking in

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
kinda surprised you haven't felt libido effect from sustain, it kicks in pretty fast for me....full muscles[pump]is a commonly reported effect of icogenin.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
subbed!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
kinda surprised you haven't felt libido effect from sustain, it kicks in pretty fast for me....full muscles[pump]is a commonly reported effect of icogenin.
I think the problem is i'm working 24/7 right now and i haven't really had a chance to test drive the libido effects..

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 5

I went to do shoulders last night, i had zero energy and not a lot of motivation to workout, but i stuck through.

Dumbbell shoulder press: 2 warmups with 50, 55 for 15 reps, then 60, 65, 70 for 10 each, felt weak as sh1t doing these
Seated lateral raises: did 4 dropsets with 35 and 25, going 10 reps on the first set, then going to failure on the second set
Front raises: 4 sets of 16 with 35lb
Rear delt machine flye: 4 sets of 15 at 70lb
Facepulls, 4 sets of 15 with 45lb
Did 4 sets of reverse curls as well with 50lb for 15 reps each

I didn't do any shrugs for traps today, they were still hurting from my back day. This workout wasn't too great, think the lack of sleep and lower calories are catching up. I've got about a week left of sh1t at work, then i should be able to get sleep and go better.

I've noted some backne since Friday morning, I never get that, so think it's gotta be the sustain possibly? Luckily summer is over and everyone's wearing shirts all the time, so i'm not too worried about this. Other than that, i woke up this morning feeling and looking full, even though i didn't have carbs post workout last night, that's gotta be one of my favorite effects of laxo. I will say i've been sleeping like a baby, again i'm pretty tired when i go to bed, but in the last few months i've had sleep problems, now i just pass out and sleep throughout the night.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 5

I went to do shoulders last night, i had zero energy and not a lot of motivation to workout, but i stuck through.

Dumbbell shoulder press: 2 warmups with 50, 55 for 15 reps, then 60, 65, 70 for 10 each, felt weak as sh1t doing these
Seated lateral raises: did 4 dropsets with 35 and 25, going 10 reps on the first set, then going to failure on the second set
Front raises: 4 sets of 16 with 35lb
Rear delt machine flye: 4 sets of 15 at 70lb
Facepulls, 4 sets of 15 with 45lb
Did 4 sets of reverse curls as well with 50lb for 15 reps each

I didn't do any shrugs for traps today, they were still hurting from my back day. This workout wasn't too great, think the lack of sleep and lower calories are catching up. I've got about a week left of sh1t at work, then i should be able to get sleep and go better.

I've noted some backne since Friday morning, I never get that, so think it's gotta be the sustain possibly? Luckily summer is over and everyone's wearing shirts all the time, so i'm not too worried about this. Other than that, i woke up this morning feeling and looking full, even though i didn't have carbs post workout last night, that's gotta be one of my favorite effects of laxo. I will say i've been sleeping like a baby, again i'm pretty tired when i go to bed, but in the last few months i've had sleep problems, now i just pass out and sleep throughout the night.
Have not heard of backne from Sustain. I would see what happens.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i'm not concerned about it, i've also been drinking a lot of coffee and i take sugar with coffee, so that could be the culprit in this case too. but like i said, it's not something that i'm worried about

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah i'm not concerned about it, i've also been drinking a lot of coffee and i take sugar with coffee, so that could be the culprit in this case too. but like i said, it's not something that i'm worried about

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think the problem is i'm working 24/7 right now and i haven't really had a chance to test drive the libido effects..
I think today is day 8?

noticed any change in libido?

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9 (Tuesday)

I couldn’t make it to the gym last night, so I went in this morning to go do chest. I’ll probably keep working out in the morning this week since I’m working late. I didn’t feel too great, allergy season is here which gets me and I’m never super strong when I workout in the mornings.

Machine chest flyes: 2 warmup sets with 60 and 80lb for 15 reps, then working sets with 100, 120, 140, 160 all for 15 reps
Incline dumbbell press superset with incline hex press: 3 sets of 10 with 70lb superset with 3 sets to failure with 40lb on hex press
Cable flyes: 4 sets of 15, each set with 30lb
Side chest press: 4 sets of 15, 60 – 90lb
Crunch and reverse curl super set: 4 sets of each, all sets to failure

This wasn’t my greatest workout, felt pretty weak even though I took preworkout. I woke up on Monday with my shoulder in pain, don’t know what’s going on, I mean my last workout was on Friday and everyting was fine, but it really bothered me a lot during this workout, so I didn’t go heavy at all. I would say the pumps on so far on this cycle is amazing, I never feel/look flat and I got a really good pump from this workout. Unfortunately because of work I think I’m being held back a bit, but after this week everything should go back to normal.

I'll post this morning's workout a bit later today

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10 (Wednesday)

I went in and did back, I didn’t take any preworkout today, I’m kind of scared of taking pwo’s and then going to work as I’ve had a history of crashing hard if I do this. My shoulder was still hurting a bit, started popping some diclofenac, it normally sorts me out within a few days. I didn’t go too heavy for this workout, I don’t want to hurt my shoulder even more, so I stuck mostly to machines and tried to go for high reps.

Lat pulldowns: 2 warmup sets of 15 reps at 80, 90lb, then 4 working sets of 15 doing 100, 120, 140, 160
Pulley lat pulldown: 4 sets of 20, kept this light, trying to really squeeze my lats
Cable row: 4 sets of 12, 100, 120, 140, 160. Don’t think I’ve ever done 12 reps at 160
V bar pulldowns: 4 sets of 15, 100, 120, 140, 160
Deadlifts, 135 for 12, 225 for 12, then on 305 I could just get 4 reps

Overall a pretty short workout, I didn’t have a lot of time, but I was pretty happy with this, I mean for a morning workout I feel the intensity wasn’t too bad. For me to do a good workout with no preworkout and doing the workout fasted and not being very far off of my normal lifts is pretty good, I think these products are definitely helping out strength wise. I’m looking forward to next week when my workouts will go back to normal, hopefully my shoulder will be good so we can throw around some weight. Again, after a workout I feel so pumped, I think I’m leaning out a bit now too, vascularity is picking up quite a bit, which is great. This is why I love laxo products, I know a lot of people say they don’t work, but I can definitely see a difference.

I'll try and post this morning's leg workout a bit later today

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
sounds like you are enjoying it!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seems like you should be running iconogenin with this.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11 (Thursday)

I did some legs today. Again, this was a pretty quick workout as I didn’t have time for much. One thing I will say, logging products force you to workout, even when you don’t feel like going, so thanks for keeping me motivated Iconic labs!

Leg press: 5 sets in total, 2 plates, 3 plates and 4 plates a side for 15 reps each, then with 5 and 6 I could only do 6 reps each. 6 plates equals my previous pb for leg press, so I was happy with this.
Seated hamstring curls: 4 sets of 15, 80, 100, 120, 140
Leg extensions: 4 sets of 15, 70, 85, 100, 115, this is I think the highest I’ve gone on leg extensions.
Standing hamstring curls. I did basically one giant set, doing 10 reps per leg for 5 sets with no rest in between to do 100 reps in total

I’m glad to report the suspected backne from last week was a false alarm, it’s gone again, so that’s good news. My shoulder is feeling better by the day, will still probably be taking it easy on my shoulder for the rest of the week. Not much else to report on, the last two weeks have been a bit of **** show really, but both the sustain and the iconogenin have really been pulling me through. I’m not eating a lot of calories (I’ve even missed dinner a few nights this week) and my workouts have been pretty good if I take everything into account.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
SUB! I love Your Volume Bro!!
thanks man, i've never really been a fan of volume training, but i felt like trying something different for a change. I really like experimenting with different rep schemes. and i'm really enjoying some more volume at this stage, especially with the laxo helping with pumps, the extra volume just amplifies the pump effect

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i'm not saying this because you guys picked me up for a log, but i love your products, i've ran three of them and i'm yet to be disappointed!
thanks Tank88 I know you really liked dermacrine!!! I really think that when sustain fully kicks in you are going to love it just as much!!!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 12 (Friday)

I did a quick arm workout on Friday morning, i mean you have to get ready for the weekend right. i just did 3 supersets pairing bi's with tri's every time, this was mostly done to save time, but you also get a pretty nice pump from this.

Rope pushdowns with rope hammer curls: 4 sets of 15 for each exercise, going from 22.5lb to 37.5lb
z bar curls with incline skull crushers: 4 sets of 15 each, did 70lb and 90lb for the curls, and stuck to 60lb for the skull crushers.
Machine preacher curls with machine tricep extensions: 4 sets of 15 each, went pretty light here.

Like i said, not a long workout, but it was pretty fun. I didn't train the rest of the weekend, since we met our deadline on Friday night, i went out and celebrated a bit too much. But this week we go back to normal, my meals are prepped, i'm working out a night again, so i'm excited for this week. Other than the effects that i mentioned earlier, people at my office are making more comments about me looking bigger, and asking what i'm doing. As always for them the answer is duh, i just eat chicken breast...But this shows me we're going in the right direction here. And i know bigT has been asking about libido, all i will say is the libido was good enough to make a bumble date very happy at 3am in a hot tub, nuff said i think

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Day 12 (Friday)

I did a quick arm workout on Friday morning, i mean you have to get ready for the weekend right. i just did 3 supersets pairing bi's with tri's every time, this was mostly done to save time, but you also get a pretty nice pump from this.

Rope pushdowns with rope hammer curls: 4 sets of 15 for each exercise, going from 22.5lb to 37.5lb
z bar curls with incline skull crushers: 4 sets of 15 each, did 70lb and 90lb for the curls, and stuck to 60lb for the skull crushers.
Machine preacher curls with machine tricep extensions: 4 sets of 15 each, went pretty light here.

Like i said, not a long workout, but it was pretty fun. I didn't train the rest of the weekend, since we met our deadline on Friday night, i went out and celebrated a bit too much. But this week we go back to normal, my meals are prepped, i'm working out a night again, so i'm excited for this week. Other than the effects that i mentioned earlier, people at my office are making more comments about me looking bigger, and asking what i'm doing. As always for them the answer is duh, i just eat chicken breast...But this shows me we're going in the right direction here. And i know bigT has been asking about libido, all i will say is the libido was good enough to make a bumble date very happy at 3am in a hot tub, nuff said i think
lol...good update!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Day 12 (Friday)

It’s always good when someone really enjoys the effects they get from a product.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15 (Monday)

I did chest last night, i did take a pwo, because i'm hardly eating any carbs, i find this helps with energy. I went to gym pretty late, so luckily i missed most of the chest day traffic.

Incline dumbbell press: 65 for 14, 70 for 13, 80 for 8, 85 for 6, 90 for 5. I felt really good, so i thought i made make 95, but i started struggling a bit at 90, so i called it.
Dips: 25, 15, 12, 8 reps. I just try to do as many as i can here, after set 4 i was smoked here.
Incline hex press: 40lb for 18, 45 for 14, 55 for 8
Side chest press: All sets are to failure, i could go to 18 pretty easily, did 60, 75, 90, 105
Seated cable flyes: 4 sets of 12 with 35, 40, 45, 50. I didn't go high reps here, but rather focused on doing really slow reps, squeezing my chest and holding contractions.
Hanging leg raises: did sets of 12, but with only 10 second rests between sets, got to 50 reps in total
Reverse curls: Did a bunch of drop sets, my highlight being 80, 70, 60 and 40lb all for sets of 6

I was kind of bummed not going over 90lb for incline presses, but i haven't done 90 since i got back from holiday a month ago, and i only did 70lb last week, so i should be happy i guess. I was really happy with the rest of this workout, probably one of the best i've had in a while. In general on these products, i feel really good, my mood's really good, my temper seems a bit short, but i think that might just be work related. I feel like i'm leaning up, some of my pants are sitting more loosely, and if i look in the mirror i feel i look leaner and better than i did when the run started. I don't have photos of me before starting the run, but i'm happy so far. I am going to extend this run to a second bottle of both these products, so i get a full 8 week run on both

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 16

I trained back on Tuesday evening. I almost fell asleep in the car and felt a bit flat so took pwo to help me out. This whole low calorie/low sleep thing is kind of tough, I do miss my carbs…

Reverse lat pulldown: 100 for 15, 120 for 12, 140 for 12, 160 for 12, 180, for 10, 200 for 10 and 220 for 6. 220 I think is the highest I’ve ever gone on lat pull downs, although this was reverse pulldowns which are generally a bit easier for me and it puts less stress on my shoulder.
Hammer strength lat pulldown: I went for 2 plates a side and just did 4 sets to failure, hitting about 14 reps each set, mostly I’d fail around 10, pause for a few seconds and then get some more reps out.
Reverse barbell rows: 135 for 15, 225 for 12, then at 275 I could just knock out 5
Deadlifts: just did 225 and tried to do as many reps as I could, did 12, 10 and 4, at this stage my lower back had had enough.
Cable rows: 120, 140, 160, 180, all sets for 12 reps or more

I normally like to do 6-7 exercises for back, but I was done at this stage and couldn’t do any more work. This workout was really fun, I really enjoyed it, I got a really good pump and once I started working out I wasn’t tired anymore and just felt great. My chest and my back are both really sore after these two days, I took Wednesday evening off as I just did not have any energy to go do legs. I’m probably not working out tonight either, but will be going back for the rest of the week. My favorite part of the stack so far has been the pumps, it’s kind of addictive to me to feel this pumped all the time. I feel my strength is picking back up. I checked my weight this morning, I’m sitting around 209-210, which was my starting weight, but I feel a bit leaner than I did when I started.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
everyone using iconogenin are getting great pumps/muscle fullness...I think sustain will help keep energy up, among other thing.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 19 (Friday)

I did some shoulders on Friday night, I did a small arm workout on Saturday at my apartment gym, but there’s was nothing noteworthy there to log

Hammer strength shoulder press: 2 warmup sets with 1 plate a side for 15 reps, then 2 sets of 15 with 2 plates a side, then tried 3 plates but could only get 5 reps out, so dropped back to 2 plates for 5 more, then 1 plate for 10.
Side lateral and front raise superset: Used 40lb dumbbells for these, would do 8 reps for side laterals, then front raises to failure (mostly around 10 reps). Did 4 of these supersets.
Rear delt cable flyes: 4 sets of 15, I go pretty light here just so I can make sure I get a good squeeze on every rep.
Behind the back smith machine shrugs: 2 sets at 135 for 15, then 2 sets with 225 for 15.
I did a finishing set of dumbbell shoulder presses with 70lb for 12 reps, followed by a set of z bar front raises for 12 reps too. I’ve never been able to do this with 70lb dumbbells, so I’m happy with that.

Overall I’ve been happy with my workouts this week, my strength is definitely going up and I’m really enjoying workouts, there’s more of a hunger to workout and go for it than I’ve had for a while. I feel like the sustain is definitely improving my mood, you just always feel good on this, it’s hard to describe but I sleep better, I train better, I have better energy etc, all things I wouldn’t expect since I’m eating fewer calories, working more and sleeping less than I want.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have heard several users of sustain mention increased confidence, almost like the alpha male feeling many get when on cycle. imo, it definitely increases mood and feeling of well being.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have heard several users of sustain mention increased confidence, almost like the alpha male feeling many get when on cycle. imo, it definitely increases mood and feeling of well being.
I had a friend at work run a bottle and he said after running two weeks he thought he was kind s$&t.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 22

I had to do an early morning workout on Monday, so I decided to rather train legs than chest since I prefer having a bit more energy after eating the whole day when training chest.

Leg press: 2 plates a side 20 reps, 3 for 18, 4 for 16, 5 for 12, 6 for 8, then I did 2 reps with 7 a side which is new PB for me. It’s just two reps, but I’m really happy with that.
Leg extensions: All 4 sets were 15 rep sets, 70, 85, 100 130lb, 130lb is also the highest I’ve gone here.
Standing leg curls: 4 sets of 15, worked up to 15lb a side, it’s not a lot of weight, but you definitely feel it on this exercise.
Seated hamstring curls: 4 sets of 15, did two at 100lb, then 110, then 120

That’s all I really had time for yesterday, but it was a pretty good workout, could hardly climb the stairs back to my apartment afterwards. I improved all my leg lifts, I guess it doesn’t say much since my legs aren’t very strong, but I’m still very happy with this. Tonight I’ll do chest and we’ll see if we’re going up there too. Energy levels are still good, I even thought my concentration at work yesterday was a lot better, could just stay focused and get a lot stuff done which sometimes could be a problem on a Monday. I ate a ton of meat last night, and I just got really full after a few hours, I think there’s some definite improvements on this run so far

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i thought a lot of it might be placebo effect, but honestly, whether i'm at work or going out or working out, i just generally feel pretty good. I've been going through a lot of stuff at work and i think the sustain's helped me just work through things without getting stressed out

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i thought a lot of it might be placebo effect, but honestly, whether i'm at work or going out or working out, i just generally feel pretty good. I've been going through a lot of stuff at work and i think the sustain's helped me just work through things without getting stressed out
right on!!!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 23

I went to train chest last. Took Kraken pwo again to help out.

Seated cable flyes: I did about 6 sets here, always going for 15 reps, worked up from 35lb to 70, which I think was PB.
Incline dumbbell press: I decided to go low volume here in a bid to go a bit higher on the weight, so did all sets for 6 reps, 70, 80, 90. Then I tried to do 100lb, but I couldn’t do it, felt kind of bummed by this.
Dips: 4 sets of 15
Pec deck: 4 sets of 12, went from 50lb to 100lb
Chest finisher: 12 pushups with my feet up, 12 normal push ups, then 12 reps incline hex press with 40lb
Reverse curls: Did 8 reps per sent, did 2 with 70lb, then 80, 90, I felt like 90 wasn’t too heavy, I just struggled to hold the bar
Behind the back wrist curls: 4 sets of 15 with 70lb

Pumps are still amazing, I swear I could just stay on laxo year round, it’s a really nice feeling. My weight is still sitting around 210, although I feel leaner. Energy levels throughout the day were good. I was bummed about not being able to hit 100lb on dumbbells tonight, but all things considered I should still be happy I guess, I’m really enjoying my workouts and I feel like I can keep pushing throughout a workout. It would be easy to point to the pwo for that, but for the last few months, even when taking pwo, my strength would drop towards the end of a workout, that’s not the case now, I can keep pushing for as long I want.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
nice update!!!

those finishing sets are killer, as I get older my strength really drops toward end of workout.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 24

I trained back last night, was pretty beat after work and the weather here is pretty bad, but went anyway, took Kraken pwo again (done for the week with that now).

Deadlifts: I went lower volume here since I did high reps last week. 2 warmup sets of 6 with 135, then 6 with 225, 6 with 315 and 6 with 365. I’m happy with 365, 405 is my max in the last few years and I haven’t gone this heavy in a while.
Barbell rows: 4 sets of 15 with 225. I could have gone heavier here pretty easily I think, but I wanted to do a lot of reps for these.
Cable row superset with pullups: I would do as many pullups as I could (mostly around 4-5), then try and do as many reps as possible with the rows at 120lb (between 8 and 10). I did 4 of these sets
Rope lat pull down superset with rope t bar rows: Did 4 of these, trying for 15 reps with the pulldowns and then just going to failure on the rows (always around 8). Went from 17.5lb to 32.5 on the pulldowns and kept the rows at 42.5lb, my lower back was gone at this stage
Facepulls: 4 sets of 15 with 42.5lb

I don’t think I’ve ever done 4 sets of 15 with 225 for rows, I was pretty happy with that, I changed this workout up a bit too, didn’t do any heavy lat width exercises and wanted to try pullups again, haven’t done them in a while since they can hurt my shoulders sometimes. I was happy to hit 365 on deads too, if I can hit 405 in the next few weeks, I would be happy. Overall nothing really new to report, I’m happy with the level of my workouts and I’m pretty happy with how I’m looking, I think these two products work really well in tandem. I’ll take tonight off to give my body a breather and go back for shoulders tomorrow.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
glad you are seeing improvements!!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Seems like you are making some good gainz in here. Can't wait to see some end results.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 26

I trained shoulders on Friday night, was my last workout for the week.

Hammer strength shoulder press: 2 warmup sets with 45lb plate a side for 15 reps, 1 set with 2 side 10 reps, 1 set 2.5 a side for 10 reps, 1 set with 3 plates for 6, dropped and did 2 a side for 6, then dropped to 1 a side for 6 reps.
Cable side laterals: i did 4 sets of 15 reps, going on side at a time, i went very light to ensure i got a good squeeze in my shoulder.
Front dumbbell raise: 4 sets of 15 reps each, 40, 45, 50, 55lb
Cable rear delt flyes: 4 sets of 15 reps, 10, 15, 20, 25lb a side
Dumbbell shrugs: 4 sets of 12 with 100lb
Shoulder finisher: Dumbbell press with 75lb for 6 reps, dumbbell side laterals with 30lb for 10 reps, z bar front raise with 60lb for 10 reps

this was my last workout for a few day, i'm taking two days off work to go on an out of town trip, so will hit the gym again on Wednesday. I'm also done with my first bottle of sustain, the new one is on the way, so from wednesday i'll start using it again. I'll post my final review once i'm finished with my second bottle.

My initial thoughts after the first 4 weeks is that this product helps with strength, if you keep your diet in check it will help with leaning out. I haven't been eating super clean at all (not planned, just how things turned out), but i've still leaned out. For most of my lifts i'm not hitting PRs yet, but we're getting there and there also have been some PRs along the way. The biggest benefit of this product is the mental benefit i think, you just always feel great, i'll almost call this a feel good product. Workouts are all fun, i have more energy at work and i'm able to concentrate better, even though i have not been sleeping a lot in the last month. So far so good, I'm really happy with this and I'm looking forward to the next 4 weeks.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 26

I trained shoulders on Friday night, was my last workout for the week.

Hammer strength shoulder press: 2 warmup sets with 45lb plate a side for 15 reps, 1 set with 2 side 10 reps, 1 set 2.5 a side for 10 reps, 1 set with 3 plates for 6, dropped and did 2 a side for 6, then dropped to 1 a side for 6 reps.
Cable side laterals: i did 4 sets of 15 reps, going on side at a time, i went very light to ensure i got a good squeeze in my shoulder.
Front dumbbell raise: 4 sets of 15 reps each, 40, 45, 50, 55lb
Cable rear delt flyes: 4 sets of 15 reps, 10, 15, 20, 25lb a side
Dumbbell shrugs: 4 sets of 12 with 100lb
Shoulder finisher: Dumbbell press with 75lb for 6 reps, dumbbell side laterals with 30lb for 10 reps, z bar front raise with 60lb for 10 reps

this was my last workout for a few day, i'm taking two days off work to go on an out of town trip, so will hit the gym again on Wednesday. I'm also done with my first bottle of sustain, the new one is on the way, so from wednesday i'll start using it again. I'll post my final review once i'm finished with my second bottle.

My initial thoughts after the first 4 weeks is that this product helps with strength, if you keep your diet in check it will help with leaning out. I haven't been eating super clean at all (not planned, just how things turned out), but i've still leaned out. For most of my lifts i'm not hitting PRs yet, but we're getting there and there also have been some PRs along the way. The biggest benefit of this product is the mental benefit i think, you just always feel great, i'll almost call this a feel good product. Workouts are all fun, i have more energy at work and i'm able to concentrate better, even though i have not been sleeping a lot in the last month. So far so good, I'm really happy with this and I'm looking forward to the next 4 weeks.
Funny how you mention leaning out. I have noticed the same thing. My diet has been semi clean at best.