Hard Rock Supps Seismic Surge Preworkout - Sponsored

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Hello all!

I was given the chance to try another awesome hard rock supplements product. This time, the seismic surge preworkout. I've tried multiple HR products and was really excited to try this one as they always have top notch stuff.

Today was a cardio day, and so is tomorrow so I'll probably update this again on Thursday when I've had an actual lifting day.

However, I still decided to give it a go just because I do like an "oomph" in my cardio.

I got the blue razz flavor and it tastes quite good. A nice subtle flavor, not over the top sweet which I like.

Mixability is perfect. Absolutely no clumps.

One of the only cons to this preworkout thus far, and this is more opinion than anything, is that they use a proprietary blend. I'm not a fan of proprietary blends, especially with stimulants as I like to know exactly how much of each I'm getting in my body. With that said though, with Hard Rock's track record of having products dosed quite nicely, I trusted this would be the same and I wasn't wrong.

Cardio today was fantastic. The l-arginine I could tell was dilating my veins because I was able to just keep going and going. I usually get on a treadmill and crank up the incline. More times than not it's my legs that tire out before my heart, but today I could just feel the blood pumping through my legs and keeping them going the entire time.

Probably one of the better cardio days I've had in a while, so this definitely gives you a nice kick in the rear!

Finally, here's a little bit about our tester:

Height: 5' 11.5" (That's right, I include the half, so what?! =P )
Weight: 202.8lb (Currently cutting. At week 8 right now, started at 218lbs)

Current Stack:
Dien Diol TD - 2ml
Androsterone TD - 1.5ml
Test Prop TD - 2ml
Clen - 50mcg (I think I'll be dropping this, just can't handle the sides. Shakes, feeling like a space case, etc..)
T3 - 50mcg
Cardarine - 10mg (only a little bit left so this will be running out soon)

Looking forward to killing some lifts this week and getting closer to 190 as a final weight.

Thanks for watching! Tune in Thursday, same bat time, same bat channel!

Seismic.jpg

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice initial review. Look forward to the rest of the log

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Cool I'm always interested in different pwo's...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subbed

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! Nice start! In:)

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
So I decided I couldn't wait another day for lifting and moved up my day to this morning instead of cardio. Back day.

Energy and focus was great! Got up to 250 for 3x3 on my deads which I believe is a rep range PR for me at that particular weight. Felt like I probably could have done 5 reps, but I've injured my back before and don't care to do it again.

This stuff definitely gets my heart pounding. After I put the weights down I almost couldn't catch my breathe. Felt like i just couldn't get enough oxygen in me despite not breathing that hard.

Once I got home, I typically pin 250mcg of GHRP2 and wait 30 minutes before drinking my post workout shake. I had a very difficult time getting the needle in the bottle as my hands were shaking pretty bad. I even add Taurine and theanine to my preworkout in hopes of getting rid of the jitters but they were pretty severe. I'm guessing there must be closer to 300mg of Caffeine in this product than 200mg, but I know there's also the things like the DMHA and synephrine that are aiding to that as well.

Overall, I had a very good workout and am looking forward to killing it on chest day tomorrow!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! It's an awesome pre. Glad you had good initial thoughts and like it!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Tried to hit some chest today and just wasn't feeling the gym. It probably should have been a rest day as at one point during the night I got up and threw up. Not really sure what that was about, but for the most part felt fine once I actually got up in the morning so I figured I was good to go.

Took 3/4 scoop since a full scoop gave me some pretty solid jitters, but unfortunately my mental game was just lacking today. Obviously nothing to do with the pre, some days you just aren't in to it.

With that in mind, I think I'm due a rest day. I can't even remember the last one I had and I've been dieting pretty hard for weeks now. If it wasn't a lifting day, it was a cardio day so I think I just need an actual rest day at this point.

Will update on the next workout day!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried to hit some chest today and just wasn't feeling the gym. It probably should have been a rest day as at one point during the night I got up and threw up. Not really sure what that was about, but for the most part felt fine once I actually got up in the morning so I figured I was good to go.

Took 3/4 scoop since a full scoop gave me some pretty solid jitters, but unfortunately my mental game was just lacking today. Obviously nothing to do with the pre, some days you just aren't in to it.

With that in mind, I think I'm due a rest day. I can't even remember the last one I had and I've been dieting pretty hard for weeks now. If it wasn't a lifting day, it was a cardio day so I think I just need an actual rest day at this point.

Yeah after throwing up in the middle of the night it might have been best to take the day off from training. Get that rest day in!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Yeah after throwing up in the middle of the night it might have been best to take the day off from training. Get that rest day in!
Yeah, I know....it was a stupid move realistically. Just didn't feel like I was 'sick' ya know? So thought I could power through it, but the energy just wasn't there. That's okay. A little rest and I'll get right back to the grind!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

That's why I recommended 3/4 of a serving when I posted in the promo thread when I took my first dosage from
the samples that I received cause looking at the stimulant blend and I new the Y would be the trigger to give the
rest of the stims that extra kick. I'll be using 8 gm again tomorrow then 9 the next and I'll see how I feel from there
if I need to use a full serving.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Now today was a good workout! I did just under a level scoop, but probably a little bit more than 3/4. As always, it mixes in so clean and goes down easy. I love that blue razz!

Today I did some shoulders and started off with military press. Hit a new weight and rep range PR doing 135 for 4 reps. I was going for 5, but this was already 10lbs heavier than I had done before and just couldn't get that 5th one there. I finished out doing 125 for 5 on the next 2 sets, then 115 for 5 and finally 105 for 5.

Got in some rear delt work next as I like to move those closer to the beginning of my shoulder workout so I have some good energy and focus on said muscle group which is one of the harder for me to get that mind-muscle connection on. 3 sets of 10 bent rear delt raises.

3 sets of 15 butterflies. (More rear delt/shoulder alignment work)

and finished with 3 sets of 10 on some dumbbell lat raises and ran the rack on the final set until 5lbs was a chore to life!

The pump was GREAT on this particular session. I'm not even a crazy chiseled dude, but I could see my shoulders pumped up in the mirror and they felt like they were filled with blood. I definitely needed that rest day and I'm not getting any of the jitters that I got that first go around. As long as I do just a tinge under a level scoop, I seem good to go.

This preworkout is legit! I knew hard rock supps wouldn't disappoint!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good to see the right dose treated you well today during your workout.:)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
congrats on the pr!!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you’re enjoying it bro ;) it’s some good stuff for sure

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Hit some legs today, but once again the mental game just wasn't there. The weights felt pretty light, but overall wasn't feeling the workout. I think the surge helped me push through what I did get through on the squat rack though.

185x5
205x5
185x5
185x5
135x10

Had my mental game been there, I feel like I could have pushed through 225x5, but some days that bar just feels heavier on your back than others. Not sure what's up with my lack of focus lately, but trying to shake it off and get some killer workouts in again. Tomorrow will be back day so I'm looking forward to killing it with some deads!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Had a good back/biceps day today.

Hit some rack pulls doing a 5x5 set at 275 which is a weight and rep range PR for me. Felt nice and strong today. Was in the gym about an hour and had a nice pump after everything was said and done.

Did some cable rows, rack pulls, pull overs into chin ups on the lat pull down bar, bar curls and finally hammer curls.

First solid day I had in a while and had great energy throughout.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a good back/biceps day today.

Hit some rack pulls doing a 5x5 set at 275 which is a weight and rep range PR for me. Felt nice and strong today. Was in the gym about an hour and had a nice pump after everything was said and done.

Did some cable rows, rack pulls, pull overs into chin ups on the lat pull down bar, bar curls and finally hammer curls.

First solid day I had in a while and had great energy throughout.
Glad to see you had a good workout today. I know you are running other compounds that can effect energy/mood so a nice stim pick me up is just what the doc ordered ;) when I ran dien I felt pretty lethargic and it never really subsided. I was only using and oral base though.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see you had a good workout today. I know you are running other compounds that can effect energy/mood so a nice stim pick me up is just what the doc ordered ;) when I ran dien I felt pretty lethargic and it never really subsided. I was only using and oral base though.
Definitely. Guess I never really thought about it being from the dien since it took a couple weeks for it to hit in, but it really must be it. I'm finishing up the dien run though here pretty soon. Only a few ml left so I think less than a week or so. Then it'll probably be about time to give my body a break and might just cruise for a bit.

Had another good workout today though. Shoulders again. Was really feeling the military press and got that 5th rep at 135 that I couldn't a few days ago. Shoulders were incredibly pumped up by the end to the point it hurt to raise them just to put my jacket on lol. You know that's a good day!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice. Glad you had a good shoulder workout and pump to go along with it:)

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Nice. Glad you had a good shoulder workout and pump to go along with it:)
Absolutely! Seismic surge has quickly risen to the top of one of my favorite preworkouts. I have quite a few of them and went back to another brand the other day just to see how it competed and I certainly didn't have the oomph going into the gym that I do from the surge! I will most certainly be picking some up after this bottle.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Absolutely! Seismic surge has quickly risen to the top of one of my favorite preworkouts. I have quite a few of them and went back to another brand the other day just to see how it competed and I certainly didn't have the oomph going into the gym that I do from the surge! I will most certainly be picking some up after this bottle.
That’s what I like to hear ;)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear!:) keep it up:)

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Had a couple good workouts the last 2 days.

Did back yesterday and got down on some heavy rack pulls. Did 3x3 @ 305 which is a rep range PR for me at that weight. Had a great mind muscle connection while pulling some seated rows and really getting that contraction between the shoulder blades. Felt a little bit of DOMS the very same day which is always a good sign to me!

Did some shoulders again this morning and man do I like the pump. I'm only doing 3 exercises, Military press, rear delt extensions, and side laterals, but I keep my rest times down and the pump up. Even with just those 3, by the time I tried adding in some Arnold presses my shoulders were already shot and I couldn't even lift the 30's up when I'm used to doing 50's easily.

As I've read an experienced before. It's not spending hours in the gym or doing 100 exercises that brings results, it's how intense you are with the ones you are doing!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Had a steller arm workout this morning. Took some of the 100s workout that jayo84 was doing with me and went for 100 reps on a barbell curl. I only picked up a 20lb bar. I think I got to about 35 before the pump was excruciating enough I had to stop haha, but I did eventually get through my 100!

I must have done a little more than a full scoop today instead of my usual just under as I had a bit of the shakes after my workout. Could also be that since it was arm day and there were no heavy compound movements, it didn't quite use up all the energy I had.

Focus was on point and overall just really enjoyed today.

Tomorrow I will be doing the full 100's workout one that'll involve pretty much the entire upper body. Going to look silly slinging a bunch of empty bars around lol, but I know it gives great pumps!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a steller arm workout this morning. Took some of the 100s workout that jayo84 was doing with me and went for 100 reps on a barbell curl. I only picked up a 20lb bar. I think I got to about 35 before the pump was excruciating enough I had to stop haha, but I did eventually get through my 100!

I must have done a little more than a full scoop today instead of my usual just under as I had a bit of the shakes after my workout. Could also be that since it was arm day and there were no heavy compound movements, it didn't quite use up all the energy I had.

Focus was on point and overall just really enjoyed today.

Tomorrow I will be doing the full 100's workout one that'll involve pretty much the entire upper body. Going to look silly slinging a bunch of empty bars around lol, but I know it gives great pumps!
Good stuff. I also incorporated some 100s the last two days lol. Definitely a nice pump to be had.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Welp, I tackled the workout 1 out of the 100s workout. It was damn tough. Just used the bar on the bench, 5lbs on the lat raises, and only had 15lbs, lowered down to 7.5 on the smith machine presses lol, but holy hell what a pump indeed!

Definitely feeling it all over my upper body today. I went with a buddy of mine and it was definitely good to have someone there to help push you along, but also so you can take a break between sets haha.

I think I'm too afraid to try workout 2 and incorporate that into the legs! I did do leg day today. Started with 5x8 back squat, then 5x5 front squat, some leg press, then finally some leg extensions. Solid leg day for sure. As usual, using that sweet sweet surge pre.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep I feel if i did the leg workout I wouldn't be able to sit for a week. haha

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Had a nice back day today and pulled a couple PRs!

First one was a rep range PR. 315x5 on rack pulls. Previously, I had only done 305 for a triple, so to increase 10lbs plus 2 reps, I'm definitely excited about. Was feeling strong so I decided to keep throwing on the weight and got up to 375 for 1. That's a weight PR for me as my previous PR was 335....40lb increase, not bad eh? 375 was definitely my upper limit. I wasn't able to keep my shoulders pinned back pulling that bad boy up, but it went up fairly quickly. 405 is just right around the corner!

I also can't wait to see how these improve my deads. I find that when I do 4-6 weeks of deads I max out towards the end so I'll switch to some rack pulls for 4-6 weeks. After that, I go back to deads and usually notice an improvement, mainly from the strengthening of my spinal erectors.

Other than that just did some seated cable rows, lat pull down, and straight arm lat pull down to finish out the day. I like to keep my workouts short and intense. The pump is always fantastic afterwards and even though I'm not shredded or even a very big dude, I love how puffed up I look after the gym, it's awesome!

Still killing it with just under 1 scoop. That's definitely my sweet spot.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Started a new routine today which started off with leg day.

Doing some back squats it was 5 sets using rep ranges of 3,3,2,2, then 1.

Did 205x3
225x3
235x2
235x2
250x1

Felt like I had a little gas in the tank, so I tried going for a PR, but only tied my previous one of 265 for a single. Felt like my form was a bit sloppy so I put the ego aside and didn't go for any higher. I could tell my butt came up before my shoulders on that 265 so I didn't want to do anything stupid and hurt myself.

Other than that, just some leg press action, seated leg curls, and finally was supposed to end with some leg extensions, but unfortunately the machine was taken.

Either way, felt good and looking forward to this new routine!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome man! Nice 375 PR! 405 will come!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Back day again! Still doing the routine with the 5x3,3,2,2,1 scheme.

Did the following on rack pulls

315x3
335x3
350x2
365x2
385x1

At this point, I was so damn close to 405, and 385 felt good, I decided to go for it and whatya know, nailed it!

405x1 PR and finally part of the 405 club. I will admit I have to use straps at this weight. My grip sucks well before 405, but I don't want to wait for my grip to catch up. I know some might not agree with that, but when I'm testing my back strength, I don't want to be limited by my grip.

Finished out with 4x8 seated cable rows, 4x8 straight arm pulls downs, and 3x12 high rows.

Overall a nice day of feeling strong!

Still utilizing just a tinge under 1 full scoop of seismic surge. Love this stuff!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! Hitting 405 for the first time is a good feeling! 4 plates!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Had a friend of mine video it for me so I could make sure my form was on point. Yes, I used straps, and no I don't care. It's not a grip exercise, I just wanted to see if I could actually move the weight. Also, yes I realize my head looks like it's about to pop lol. I forgot to exhale at the top. What can I say, it felt heavy to me!

[video=youtube;Qqxac_zHVNM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqxac_zHVNM[/video]

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff man. Video footage always helps bring things to life but can help you focus on form and other things. Glad you’re still enjoying seismic surge bro

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice vid man! 405!!!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man. Video footage always helps bring things to life but can help you focus on form and other things. Glad you’re still enjoying seismic surge bro
Definitely man. Easily one of my favorite pre's right now. Not just saying this because I was given the opportunity to try it, but it's quickly risen to my favorite preworkout. For the sake of courtesy towards hard rock, I won't mention any other pre's that I enjoy, but let me just say that no matter what, this is at the top for sure.

Took a much needed rest day today. Doing a 5 day workout split and technically it's supposed to be 3 days on, rest day, 2 days on, rest day, but I had been feeling so good I just did all 5 days straight.

I will tell you though, it's kind of nice to enjoy my morning coffee again. Normally, I've had so many stimulants with the preworkout and such that I definitely don't need to have coffee, but it was nice to sleep in and not load myself down this morning haha. After all, gains come when you're resting/repairing, not breaking it down in the gym!

Really looking forward to getting back in there for leg day though. It was the only lift this week I couldn't set a PR on, could only tie it with a single squat at 265. Going to go for 275 when I get back in there. Lookin for those PR's!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 202.6

On the steady decline with my weight which is perfect as I'm still cutting. Still setting PR's though as I hit 275 for a single on my squats today. It wasn't the prettiest squat, but I'd say about 90% good form. Ass came up a little bit before the shoulders so I'm definitely at about my max, especially without having a spotter.

Here's what I did for todays leg day:

225x3
225x3
240x2
240x2
255x1
275x1

Then finished out with some leg press and lying leg curls. Leg extension machine was taken so I didn't get to finish on that.

I will admit that the weights felt a bit heavy today, but still managed to grind it out. I use knee braces and forgot them today so I feel like I could have done a little bit better with them, but that's okay. I'll still take the PR.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^Nice PR and good workout! Keep it up!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Weight: 203

I forgot to update yesterday, I was at 202.0, today 1 pound up for some reason, but could just be water. Hoping the downward trend of the weight loss hasn't plateaued, but if it does I know what I need to do to get the metabolism kicked back in.

Had shoulder day yesterday and was able to increase my weights and overall volume for last week

145x3
145x3
150x2
150x2
155x1

Just by 5 lbs, but still, a little bit at a time is all it takes!

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Once again, SS powering me through some good workouts and setting PRs.

Hit some chest today. Probably going to do a final review soon as I've been using it for about a month and definitely have a good idea of what I feel about it.

Did some incline bench to start:

155x3
155x3
165x2
175x2
185x1

Felt like I might have had 2 on the 185, but no spotter so didn't want to take the chance.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Nearing the end of my seismic surge tub, I figured it's time for my Final Review.

Honest opinion - I love this stuff and will definitely be picking up another bottle. If you haven't tried it, get on this now because it's awesome. There's something about opening the tub and just getting a whiff of that blue razz that just gets my blood going before I've even drank the stuff.

Mixability - 10/10 - Mixes easily and goes down smooth.
Cost - 9/10 At $1.16 per serving, that's a pretty solid price for how good this preworkout is. A sale here and there would really make it shine!
Pumps - 8/10 - Definitely has the ingredients for some pump inducing workouts. Somedays I noticed it more than others, but that can also depend on your kind of workout.

Overall - 9/10 - This is a great preworkout and quickly rose to the top as one of my favorites. Kraken used to be one of my top preworkouts and is still pretty good, but now it pales in comparison to the seismic surge.

Hard rock will always get my business as I have tried multiple products of theirs and they have never disappointed. If you're looking for a new pre, look no further, this will make you fly!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Appreciate the review. It’s definitely a potent pre that is finally catching fire. thanks for the log.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Awesome final review! Hard rock supplements is definitely one of my fav brands. Their coming out with a new product in 2018 to!

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/299089-strong-supplements-locker-2.html
Nice! Very interesting product it sounds like they will be coming out with. I've been a big fan of 7 keto DHEA containing products after having logged a couple myself.

Appreciate the review. It’s definitely a potent pre that is finally catching fire. thanks for the log.
Thank you for the opportunity to log it!