Getting serious about sleep with SNS Phenibut

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to cheftepesh1 and Serious Nutrition for this chance to run a product I have no experience with whatsoever.

This is there Nooptropic product called Phenibut XT

A look at the label

Pretty simple! Nothing else in this product.

Here is the science behind this product.

Very briefly, the Phenibut molecule can be thought of as a ‘key’ to unlock ‘locks’ in the brain called GABA-receptors. The body’s own ‘key’ is called GABA, and when this unlocks the GABA-receptors, our brains have a lower response to signals from the Central Nervous System. This is what creates the effects of relaxation, social ease, pain relief and drowsiness when our bodies produce GABA. This tends to happen at night or when we are really tired.

Our bodies are constantly regulating signals from the Central Nervous System using GABA molecules. Mostly, we hardly even notice the effects. However, when we take a substance like Phenibut, which is also a ‘key’ to unlock the GABA-receptor ‘locks’ we get the same effects but stronger and more noticeable.

Like we said earlier, alcohol is also a ‘key’ that unlocks GABA-receptors. Of course, things get even more complicated when we think about all the different types of GABA-receptor ‘locks’. Certain ‘keys’ unlock certain ‘locks’. That is why alcohol and Phenibut work in a very similar way, but they do not produce exactly the same effects – alcohol unlocks mostly GABA-A ‘locks’, while Phenibut is better at unlocking the so-called GABA-B receptors, causing slightly different effects.

I thought this was a true sleep supplement which is used before going to bed, but this one is designed to be used throughout the day.
The label recommends anywhere from a half scoop to 2 scoops 2-3 times a day with a max dose of 4 scoops a day.

I plan on using this at 1 scoop in the AM and one Scoop in the PM. if this is wrong let me know!

Here is a quick look at the goods

Certainly the "cutest" scoop I ever seen lol. Nice small dose.

First impressions
The powder mixes very well! No grit or anything
The taste is aweful.. Which is no surprise as there is no flavoring system in place, I will have to add it to another flavored drink. I have added it to Pomegranate juice and its ok, as well as a protein shake which was also ok, It adds a little bitter sour flavor which reminds me when I was taking L_Carnitine.

Effects: Pretty early to tell I think, but I was surprised that I actually slept the whole night last night! maybe coincidence but we will see.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I slept all night again without waking up! Pretty usual for me. I have been wearing a breath right strip the last week too though cause I am still slightly congested..

We will see!

Falling asleep did seem easier!

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
I slept all night again without waking up! Pretty usual for me. I have been wearing a breath right strip the last week too though cause I am still slightly congested..

We will see!

Falling asleep did seem easier!
What's the recommended cycling of it?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
5 days on and 2 days off according to the label.

I fell asleep pretty well. Yesterdays workout was rough on the legs and they were throbbing. So it was a but uncomfortable I did wake up once through the night.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice .. good luck .. I cant wait to get my hands on this.

I use it mainly for sleep as well .. but know it works quite well on days as well .. kinda to get that high/drunk feeling.

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
In on this my current sleep aid has phenibut in it but might pick this up when I run out 200 servings too!!!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Nice .. good luck .. I cant wait to get my hands on this.

I use it mainly for sleep as well .. but know it works quite well on days as well .. kinda to get that high/drunk feeling.
I wouldn't say I feel anything like that. Just more relaxed at night. I did sleep all night again for the 3rd time. This is unheard of for me. Loving it

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've always felt like Phenibut worked better for me on an empty stomach. I'd go for a light or no calorie juice, but probably not a protein shake. I'm definitely not an expert, just a thought. Subbed for your log

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I've always felt like Phenibut worked better for me on an empty stomach. I'd go for a light or no calorie juice, but probably not a protein shake. I'm definitely not an expert, just a thought. Subbed for your log
That's a good point.. Maybe I'll try to stomach it down with water.. This stuff is hard to drink without some sort of flavored drink.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah i throw all my powders in bcaa's

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
That's a good point.. Maybe I'll try to stomach it down with water.. This stuff is hard to drink without some sort of flavored drink.
Try flavor drops they have zero calories and can make anything taste good

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Try flavor drops they have zero calories and can make anything taste good
Perfect! I will do that!

Friday and saturday were my 2 days off.

I manned up and just drank it straight last night on empty stomach.

I don't feel any profound effects from it, but I do fall asleep faster and slept all night again!! It may be because I didn't slug down 8-10oz of protein shake too. But I certainly feel more refreshed and better slept than usual!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice good to see u getting sum quality rest .. one of the best things in life lol

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Nice good to see u getting sum quality rest .. one of the best things in life lol
For sure!

Last 2 nights woke up once around 5 pm.

Falling asleep still seems easier that ever! Very happy with that!

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good info and results so far OP!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Again I woke up around 5 am 2 mornings. Not bad.

I took 2 days off and was back on again last night.

I can happily say I slept all night again!
It did take a little longer to fall asleep though.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
This past week was a mix of sleep.

Monday and tuesday woke up once.

Wednesday I slept all night.

All together I would say this product seems to help the process of falling asleep.

I took 2 days off again and started back this morning.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took 1 serving of growth factor XT + 1g of this phenibut .. wow amazing night .. no dream no anything .. just straight 8-9hrs was much needed and deserving

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Monday: woke up once
Tuesday : Slept all night
Wednesday:woke up once
Thursday: woke up once.

I have been falling asleep quickly still!
Dreams have been more vivid.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Took friday and saturday off. Back on last night and today.

I couldn't fall asleep last night but I know why lol. The walking dead was awesome!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
The effects may have worn off..

I have been struggling to fall asleep the last 3 nights and woke up at least once every night. I may need to up the dose to 2 scoops. I am at a heaping scoop right now.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Sunday I increased to 2 scoops and did fall asleep a little better than I have been.
Monday= Fell asleep faster and woke up once early, Its getting hot in my house and it's uncomfortable
Tuesday= Took longer to fall asleep but slept till 5. Feel pretty refreshed though!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd like to recommend a book that helped me with some sleep issues:

The Efortless Sleep Method. It covers our basic routine lifestyle habits and mental self talk tendencies that either allow sleep or can sabotage it.

It was just a few bucks on Amazon and I've had to re buy it 3 times after giving my copy to friends and family.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info, I will have to look into that book as my sleeping is back to normal crap lol.

After over a month of running this I would say I am used to product and the effects are minimal.
This is probably a good ending point for the log.

Over all conclusion is:

*In the first 4 weeks the effects were undeniable. I was able to fall asleep faster and even stay asleep longer.
*I went from 1 scoop to 1.5 then 2 scoops to maintain the effects.
* Seems like another quality SNS product!

Thanks again for this chance to run Phenibut XT

After running this supp, I am not sure that I would implement it into my staple supplements..